Search Unity

In need of help to get me started.

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by robmuzz, Dec 17, 2012.

1. robmuzz

robmuzz

Hello,

I am a veteran gamer who has always wanted to make a game of my own. I am into simulations and have plenty of ideas.
    I only have Unity3D free version at the moment, but I am willing to make the investment, if I feel I can actually do what I expect with it.

I am have been using Lightwave and 3DS Max casually for as long as I can remember, and have come to Unity3D with a whole load of potential and ideas.

Although I think I am a fair 3D modeller, I really need help with programming. I am trying to teach myself C# to get deeper into Unity, but I YouTube tutorials are one-way, and I need to ask a person questions.

I know that I'm not going to be able to do everything myself, so I need your help.

1 - I need somebody that can make a system where the user chooses parts from a bin, drags them to a core part and the two attach.
    2 - I have an idea where the enviroment is procedurally generated from prefab section (like segments of road, or corridoors.)
    3 - I'm really not very artistic and would like somebody to help with texturing.

If you feel I'm being a little vague, then I am, as I don't want to give too much away.

Thank you in advance,

Rob