Search Unity

Possible bug: Backwards lighting for a specific mesh in Unity?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TyrusPeace, Dec 16, 2012.

1. TyrusPeace

TyrusPeace

Working on a project with my wife and after importing her glorious knight model I'm running into this issue:

The model's lighting is exactly inverted compared to every other mesh and object in the scene.

Inverting my normals turns the fella inside out and leaves the lighting backwards. Rotating the fella around and such causes the lighting to change, but it's always backwards. The import settings are all default, and it's made in Blender like all of the art in this project. I'm pretty stumped on this. Any ideas?

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I'd guess the normals are inverted...not the surface normal for mesh faces, but the lighting normals. Try changing the normals in the import settings from import to calculate.

--Eric

3. TyrusPeace

TyrusPeace

I gave that a go with no success. Good idea, though! It is definitely behaving like lighting and rendering normals are out of sync but messing with the normal and tangent calculation settings didn't change anything noticeably.

4. TyrusPeace

TyrusPeace

After removing all bones and animation from the model the lighting is correct. Quite odd, as the model itself renders in the exact same position then.