Search Unity

Blender Object -> Unity 3d: Animation works in preview screen but not on the game

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Viilettaja, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Viilettaja

Viilettaja

Hello,

After three long hours on Unity manuals and youtube tutorials I turn to you Unity gurus. Could you please help me with this.

I exported a cube (to test how objects export with animations) from blender as blend and also tried FBX to Unity. All is well this far and it looks like the animation carried over nicely (I can preview it in the animations section in the inspector). Now I drag and drop the object to my scene and position it at the place where intended. Object does not move/play the animation when I enter the game mode.

I been tweaking the settings in import settings and also tried to add component, animation to see if that would help but no. Animator controller says none by default. Is this something im missing? On tutorial people does not even seem to have this animator which I get by default when I set the cube to the scene.

Using Blender 2.64 and unity 4.0.0f7

Here screenshot of the project inspector:
    $ispector.JPG

Above you can see that the cube has animation in preview window.

Here screenshot of the inspector when cube is in hierarchy:
    $ispector2.JPG

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sincerely,
    A

2. T3387

T3387

Hi, I had the same problem and I just changed the animation type from Generic ---> Legacy at:
    Object selected ---> inspector ---> Rig.

Then if you want animation to loop, go back to animation menu, next to Rig, and choose your animation,
    and select loop from Wrap mode-dropdownmenu.

hope this helps.

T from finland

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  3. Viilettaja

Viilettaja

Hello Mt T,

Thanks for this tip. Seems like the object started to move after changes you suggested.

Merry x mas :)

4. hobostew

hobostew

I had the same problem, and T3387's fix worked for me as well. Thanks!

5. Justin-UD

Justin-UD

I have this same problem, but this does not solve it. Still nothing happens :(

6. Justin-UD

Justin-UD

Anyone ? I made an enemy and on the enemy the animations do work, but not on the player..

7. RhinoFlip

RhinoFlip

Hi, i made some clicking on unity and it seems pretty intuitive. But i'm still at the beginning.:wink:

With version 4.+ there's quite polished and advanced system of animation cotroller implemented. It makes everything much easier, but there's a lot of things to figure out. I encourage you to see unity tutorials on animation and read throught the documentation.:(

Solution to see animation on game preview window should go like this::eek:

Once you add fbx object to the scene, create NewAnimatorController at asset bin, drag it to animator component in inspector to controller field, double click it in assets window or at ring with dot next to controller field at inspector and drag animation to whatever layer, right click and make default.

Enjoy further study, 'cause that's where my knowledge ends. If you guys figure out, how to set it to loop, i'll be glad.:confused:

Cheers, Rhino

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  8. RhinoFlip

RhinoFlip

To edit an animation settings From Blender before it's dropped to AnimatorController window, for example making it a loop, change Object import settings, find animation, check Loop Pose and there ya go!

You must click Apply.

RF

9. kumarc123

kumarc123

Yes, your trick surely works works for most cases. It worked perfectly for me even if have animations from different models