Search Unity

CORE-Framework with 100+ mobile ready shaders [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by echologin, Dec 8, 2012.

?

What version of Unity are you using ?

1. 3.5.x

19.0%
  2. 4.0

6.1%
  3. 4.1

78.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RodolfoLasparri1

RodolfoLasparri1

Hi again,

Seems like the "no shadow tinting on lightmapped objects" is a unity limitation, not Core related, doesn't seem to be possible to do this in any way :sad:

but then I'm having another issue with lightmapping, where turning on "Main Directional Light" to make the lit shaders work on _echocoremanager
    and then baking lightmaps, with a directional light on Auto, makes the directional light stop working with all core-light shaders, like ramp

I'm using the default lightmap scne example that comes with core framework to try this,

2. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Does the Core Framework work with Marmoset ?

Perhaps a better question is what is the best way to use Core Framework in a scene with Marmoset ?

3. echologin

echologin

You might have to use 2 lights one for baking and one for realtime in that case. It cannot bake the ramp effect.

4. echologin

echologin

Im sorry i do not even own Marmoset so i do not know. I believe a few customers have used both maybe they can chime in here

5. gecko

gecko

We want to use the Unlit/Cutout/Fastest shader on some tree billboards, but when the billboards do not render when silhouetted against the skybox. This does not happen with Unity's cutout shader. Is there something we can do to get yours to work against the skybox?

6. echologin

echologin

Are you using my skybox shader or another ? if not mine which exact skybox shader are you using ?

Sounds like a render queue/order problem ?

7. gecko

gecko

I was using the standard Unity skybox shader. (I hadn't noticed that you had one!) But when I switch to yours, the billboards are still not rendered against the skybox. Does your skybox shader need the EchoCoreManager?

8. echologin

echologin

No it doesn't need EchoCoreManager -- only light shaders or if you're using EchoGameObject or the event class.

Can u make a simple project to show this problem ? Im sure i could fix it in a few minutes if i could see it in action.

Also is the shader you're using "unlit/cutout/discard-color" ? u mentioned it was called "unlit/cutout/fastest" ?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  9. gecko

gecko

Hmm, turns out there is something else going on in that scene. Gotta investigate it more.

And sorry, I misspoke about the shader -- we're using Transparent/Cutout/10-Fastest. It looks fine except at runtime (and then only in certain circumstances, so I have to look into that more.)

10. echologin

echologin

If you can't find problem send me a test scene or something ill bet its an easy fix

11. cuzuso

cuzuso

Hi,
    I just bought your product, however i want to do 1 request to u, can u make new shader like this and able to run on mobile, i see all your shader running very fast on mobile ^^:
    the shockwave:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOolkr4kgH8

thanks

12. jerotas

jerotas

Question for all users. Should I be able to figure out which Core Framework shaders to replace non-Core Framework shaders for a mobile game, while inside Unity? Meaning, can I use Unity FPS measure to decide which shader is the fastest? Or might some shaders actually be slower on a PC but faster on a mobile device?

I actually haven't found any Core Framework shaders that have what I need and are faster than the normal Unity mobile shaders we're using, judging by the PC frames per second. Mobile / Particles / Alpha Blended for instance. Haven't found anything that does what it does and is faster. I'm not using it for particles. Just transparent things.

Not sure about the Core Framework lit shaders because I haven't got any of them to actually respond to light (they just are black) on my PC. So I'm still using Mobile / Vertex Lit for now.

Self-illum Core Framework shader is faster but doesn't allow color tinting.

It's strange because I think on my previous project I used a bunch of Core Framework shaders and they were faster. Confused...

13. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

is there any way to start lighting scene from a complete dark? No matter what I try with the lit shader, with all abmient off, the standard look is like a very bright scene already.

EDIT: Don't mind, it works now, after I've got rid of lightmapped type shader and hit "playmode". I did not show in editor, and that kept me busy for a while.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  14. echologin

echologin

So its all good then ?

15. RodolfoLasparri1

RodolfoLasparri1

Hey, thanks for your previous help, I found a bizarre issue:

when using Lit shaders on skinned meshes, sometimes they don't receive the directional light information, so in case of a light/ramp shader, the skinned meshes appear completely black, in case of light-fastest, they just get lit by the ambient light. Every other mesh renderer looks perfectly fine

this happens randomly on the Unity editor (MacOSX) and every time when running the game on iOS

16. panor

panor

Hello, I wonder if the asset comes with a bumped diffuse shader light points support to mobile?

17. echologin

echologin

how many total lights do you have in scene ? just the directional ?

Do you have Skype ?

18. echologin

echologin

"bumped diffuse shader light points support"

Im not 100% sure what your saying ? if you mean does my bumped map shader work with point light and mobile the answer is yes

19. echologin

echologin

20. ZJP

ZJP

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been posted before, but what is your best shader (or solution) to replace the build-in 'Bumped Diffuse''? I have 100 and more GameObjects in my scene with this shader.

BTW, i must confess that i found your approach rather...'unusual' at first. But it's finally a true pleasure to work with this tool. It's very simple. :cool:

Edit :
    Nevermind. I think this is 'echoLogin-light-bump map-10-fastest.shader' :)
    As i said before : 'It's very simple'.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  21. kaz2057

kaz2057

I quote the marmoset support :)

I could be interesting use your custom shaders with marmoset IBL :)

22. swos

swos

I just bought the package and wondered about this same thing.

Could the terrain splat shader be done so that it uses the splatmap image Unity's default terrain system creates ?
    $terrain.png

$splatAlpha0.png

This way you wouldn't have to make splat editor.
    Terrain4Mobile package supports this, but I would still like to use your shaders instead.

23. tswalk

tswalk

I took a look at your website, and may have found the answer to my question, but I thought I would go ahead and ask... do these shaders include support for the Windows 8/8.1 Surface devices (Tegra 3, D3D11 SM2.0 level 9.1) ,their store has a baseline requirement to support this shader model... and while I've made some progress on writing my own shaders, it is taking a really long time to work out my bugs and I keep running into walls. It would definitely seem worth-while to buy a professionals package, if not just for exploring and learning..., but perhaps get past this cycle i'm in.

I see you have this posted, so I am guessing these are for iOS and Android only (not DirectX support)?
    • Open GL ES 2.0 on mobile.
    • Forward rendering path for lit shaders.
    • Unity 3.5 - 4.0.

[edit]

I wanted to add and ask if you have comment sections in the shaders as to what is what or anything of the sort...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  24. echologin

echologin

might have to wait for v2.0 for this if its possible

25. echologin

echologin

I would have to do some experimenting and find the time ... sounds possible tho

26. echologin

echologin

I dont have a windows 8 device but i have heard from customers that the shaders work.

27. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Please Marmoset support. Reason is that many of us do have Marmoset and it would be just be fantastic if your awesome asset also work with marmoset.

Cheers.

28. kaz2057

kaz2057

Very good news.

If you have time, you also add ShaderForge Compatibility together to Marmoset so artists would add materials features quickly in pipeline :)

Thanks

29. sevensails

sevensails

Does Outline supports transparent TK2D Sprites?

30. echologin

echologin

I would guess it doesn't. 2dtk sprites are just images with transparency right ? if thats the case why not just draw the outline on the sprite ?

31. imtrobin

imtrobin

Can you change the js scripts in samples to C#. THey don't build properly unless in certain folders. Also I noticed hardcoded paths to the shader, can you make it independent of folder location so I can relocate the folder.

32. echologin

echologin

You cant really move the folders around .. the shaders use many include files that would break.

for JS to work the c# scripts of CORE have to be in Assets/Plugins this is a unity thing and i know of no way around it.

33. echologin

echologin

FYI, i fixed a few minor bugs in transparent shaders will be uploading update next week.

in the meantime if anyone buys core framework just email / pm me your invoice # and i will
    send the latest....

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Does it have refraction shaders and do they work in Unity Free ?

Thanks

35. echologin

echologin

You could fake it with the single texture reflection shaders ( no realtime reflection ), but true refraction would need rendertextures which are unity pro only. ( u could do a readpixels in unity free to make the reflection texture but that would be very slow )

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks for the info :)

37. macdude2

macdude2

Hey, just wondering – if I have enabled the main point light with spec and bump, four extra point lights with spec and Beast code, should this work? With beast light mapping enabled, it seems I can only create specular reflections with the main point light. The four other point lights, although I have checked the specular box, do not in fact create any specular reflection. Is this the intended effect? Thanks, the other shaders are working great!

38. David-Lindsay

David-Lindsay

Dear Echologin,

I am enjoying the core shader framework. We are changing our project to use your shaders now, but I came across one that isn't catered for. Could you possibly help me to modify the vertex terrain shader to fit? We already vertex painted (splat painted) our terrain meshes, so it would be cool if I didn't have to redo them. I'd love some help because I'm new to shader editing and it's a bit beyond me.

I want to modify
    echoLogin-light-41-vertex-terrain-2tex.shader

I want to keep...
    - _mainTex, _detailTex, _echoUV, and it will be unlit (lightmapped).
    - Our detail texture in the old shader is controlled by the Red channel of vertex colors

I want to remove/simplify...
    - Remove the additional splat colors 1, 2, 3 (unless their performance cost is zero, in which case it doesn't matter)
    - Make it Unlit, no unity/core lights, as this will be lightmapped only.

Please let me know if this is possible.

39. echologin

echologin

That is possible. Do you have skype ? i should have time next week to help do this.

-Scott

40. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Did anyone managed to tweak the scripts to work with Relief Terrain Pack geometry blend? I

41. echologin

echologin

Hi sorry i dont know how i missed this post.
    I would have to check the code it should work with beast but with that many lights doing spec + lightmapping might be a bit slow.

Which shaders did you use ?

42. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

1. find line "#pragma surface..."
    2. put "decal:blend" at the end of line above (if not your shader doesn't have it already)
    3. find "struct Input {"
    4. add "fixed4 color:COLOR;" at the end of struct (before "}" )
    5. find "void surf" function
    6. put
    o.Alpha=1-IN.color.a;
    #if defined(UNITY_PASS_PREPASSFINAL)
    o.Gloss*=o.Alpha;
    #endif
    at the end of it

Those are instruction I need to follow to adjust the shader; But as I can see, core framework is not using #pragma surface at all, i.e., I need to figure out, how to do this for vertex shader somehow?

43. echologin

echologin

#pragma surface is for surface shaders .. my shaders are not surface shaders ..

what exactly are you trying to do ? i read your other post, what is "Relief Terrain Pack" another asset ?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  44. hopeful

hopeful

45. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

I see, that what I was afraid of. Is it possible to use surface shaders inside core framework? Like, is second pass somewhere?

This addition is _very_ important, as it allows objects to blend with the terrain, like in most aaa quality games.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  46. metaleap

metaleap

Guys..... CORE Framework is for projects where standard Surface Shaders are too slow.. asking to "have Surface Shaders in CORE" is so incredibly off the mark, I don't even :D

47. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Actually I think you are right, after I wrote this questions, I started to think, that core framework was build with performance in mind, and what am I trying to do now is far away from performance.

48. IndieFist

IndieFist

Hi there.
    Congratulations for your great CORE Framework.
    I`m trying to get my game working with your shaders to improved performance.
    I have one main point light as Spot, to simulates a lantern.
    I`m testing with shader light/bumpmap/all variety and configuring main direction as spot , but i get square effect on light.

Can i get some tips to improve that?
    This is what i have actually with bumped diffuse and an spot light as lantern on my pj:

How can i do it with your core?

Apologize about my english.

49. echologin

echologin

Maybe someday i could add shaders to work with that asset .. i dont own it at this time so i do not even know what is involved.

50. echologin

echologin

Ahh the spotlight option is vertex based for speed. so what the dir spot light shines on should be a subdivided mesh.

so if like the floor has only 2 triangles it will not look right ..