Search Unity

CORE-Framework with 100+ mobile ready shaders [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by echologin, Dec 8, 2012.

?

What version of Unity are you using ?

1. 3.5.x

19.0%
  2. 4.0

6.1%
  3. 4.1

78.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tumitoto

tumitoto

I am using some Hardsurface's metal shaders for my spaceships now, I wonder what I will be getting if I use your Spaceship shader? I guess I like to know what your Spaceship shader will bring me other than better speed in mobile platform.
    btw, I am rather new to the shaders, I usually use default mobile shaders come with Unity. Thanks in advance.

2. echologin

echologin

Well my current spaceship shader has diffuse lighting + specular can change color for when it explodes and stretch it for warp effects

I dont have HardSurface package what exact effects in a spaceship shader r u looking for ?

3. echologin

echologin

Do you have a ton of objects in your game ? you only need the EchoCoreManager if you are using EchoComponent on objects or using the lit shaders.

You could try removing some EchoComponents from objects that do not need them ( that is only realtime processing it does )

I will check for a bug too 10% sounds like too much, EchoComponentManager doesnt do a whole lot ( unless ur using 1000's of echoFX )

BTW: Is this in the BETA 1.1 i sent you ? I might have forgot a Debug.Log or some testing code

4. tumitoto

tumitoto

My spaceship is rather dark when I put it on my scene without global ambient light. Adding a directional light still not helping much. The Hardsurface shader gave me a nice metallic look but it does not have any light attribute to tweak with. Will your spaceship shader able to help lighting up my ships a bit with the light attribute? Am I able to still obtain the metallic look with it? thanks again.

5. SteveJ

SteveJ

What's the ballpark estimate on the 1.1 release date? Like just rough guide: days? weeks? months?

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I've seen his new shader update pack and bump/spec lit spaceship hull shader and its awesome so I think it will do yeah! I wonder when he's gonna update? probably soon from my chat with him recently.

pretty sure its REAL soon.

7. SteveJ

SteveJ

Excellent... hoping this is going to solve a few problems/put the finishing touches on my almost-done-and-thank-god-for-that project.

8. echologin

echologin

I found problem and it will not happen on device only in editor

What i am doing is checking for user lighting changes in editor every Update ( light-sources and ambient light ) ( only in editor mode )

I will lessen the checks so it will not show up in profiler hogging the system.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  9. echologin

echologin

If all goes well, and there are no hurricanes, tornadoes, or hospital visits just a few more days till submit

Everything is done and just testing on every device now ( takes forever ) and various versions of unity 3.5.0 - 4.1

Steve i will send you a release candidate over weekend!

10. JayG81

JayG81

I was about to purchase this. Should I just wait until the update?...

I'm itchin' to get it. Looks great!

11. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

My recommendation Buy it now! :)
    Thanks for checking that it only happens in the editor. ( I was using the beta yes )

12. echologin

echologin

Hi id say buy it now, im probably going to up the price to 50 ( from 40 ) when v1.1 is submitted, this is a 10-12 hour a day project now.

here is a 1.1 teaser of space demo:

New things in it:
    Atmosphere on green planet
    Made a Asteroid Belt script that makes it easy to make a one mesh asteroid belt.
    Reflective bump-map on echoLogin Logo
    Lightmapping + bump on lava planet
    BumpMap on satellite
    Better sun shader
    Last scene is beast lightmapped with some projector spotlights looking around.

1.1 Space Demo

One feature not in demo i just added yesterday is a simple object outline system will be as easy as saying Outline ( true ) on GameObjects derived from EchoComponent.

And almost all the shaders are faster then 1.01 ( and tons of bugs fixes )

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  13. echologin

echologin

It has specular and an RGBA Multiply, if you do buy framework i can always tweek it more to your liking ( i should add a bump-mapped reflective version of spaceship to )

14. JayG81

JayG81

I got it last night. So far, so good! Going to play around with it today.

Yes, you should :D

15. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Can't believe bump mapping is faster than even what aras had in his blog for mobile and desktop :) makes so much difference to surfaces.

16. echologin

echologin

I dont know if its faster ( never compared ) but it should be at least the same w/o the trouble of making that special texture and using a fake light source ( my bumpmap shaders use normal point or directional lights )

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  17. ddeaco

ddeaco

Bought the framework yesterday, can't wait for the lightmapped shaders I need them for 90% of my project.

Any idea how much faster they are compared with Unity's Moblie unlit (supports lightmap) shader?

18. echologin

echologin

Thanks ! PM me your invoice # and ill send you the v1.1 tonight. could test it out ( or add me to skype "echoLogin" )

BTW here is a simple demo of the new outlining modes
    Object Outline Modes Demo

Click on each object to see the different types of outline modes for objects.

the size, fx speed and color are all ajustable

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  19. Landern

Landern

Is there something up with the models in the 1.1 demo as well as the 1.0 demo? I'm about to pull the trigger, but i'm just wondering what is up with the normals/tris on these models/water.

$Normals1.png

$Normals2.png

20. echologin

echologin

I have never seen that happen on any device that I have tested it on ( Many PC's, Macbook, Imac, mac mini, ipad1-3, iphones3gs,4,5, android phones from old to new )

Do other unity web player demos work for you ?

What kinda computer/browser are you using ?

and what kinda graphics card ?

-Scott

PS: Does DEMO look like this for anyone else ?

21. Landern

Landern

I'll try again when i get home, my work machine is a little dated(1st gen i7/ATI 2400 HD Pro) so it's a pretty crappy gfx card, it wouldn't surprise me if i'm the only one since i went through all the posts on this thread before posting, however i posted the screens just in case.

22. echologin

echologin

If you can try one of the unity webplayer demos also, if it happens on them also then at least i know its not my fault

Like the bootcamp demo
    bootcamp link

-Scott

23. JayG81

JayG81

I was having this problem prior to getting your shader package. It seems to happen on objects with transparent shaders. I'm not sure what causes it but, for me, it seems to start happening after my game has been running for a certain of time.

24. echologin

echologin

Do you mean the problem happens for you when not using my shaders ? ( as in unity webplayer in general ? )

25. JayG81

JayG81

Yeah, not your demo, it worked fine. It was my project that was producing those black triangles when I was using the unity "mobile/transparent" shader on an object. Using your transparent shader on the same object seems to have cut down on it happening, but it still does after a certain amount of time.

26. echologin

echologin

99% chance your GPU is overheating if it happens after a while ( had this happen many times ) the fan on gpu might be clogged with dust.

27. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

Before I purchase I have a question about this asset. How easy is it to implement into a existing project?I make my own object pools, but I'm interested in the shaders. Do the shaders work just like every other shader? The only exception is that they are really fast?

Basically what makes this a framework? And what will I need to do to implement this into my project? What are some common things I'd have to change?

Edit: Bought it anyways, I'm sure I'll figure it out

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  28. JayG81

JayG81

That's not good. I'll look into that.

29. echologin

echologin

The lit shaders need the EchoShaderManager prefab ( or just EchoCoreManager in beta 1.1 and up ),
    ( this is done for speed to keep lit shaders with minimal code at runtime )

The other ( non lit ) shaders will work as expected w/o need for framework or my Manager prefabs.

If you want to use the added functions/effects of framework, you just extend from EchoComponent in place of MonoBehaviour in your classes.

Any questions or feedback just PM, email or skype me "echoLogin"

30. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

or are you using flash? that can be incompatible (if its a build target) - don't forget to turn graphics emulation off in unity - its not very accurate and its better to build a final build for testing.

31. JayG81

JayG81

@hippocoder I've only seen it in the editor and the stand-alone compile.

I discovered what it was even though I'm still not entirely sure why it happens. I didn't want to post anything until I knew exaclty why, but...

It seems as though it's "Z fighting" although the meshes aren't occupying the same plane. I changed the camera's near clip plane to 1 (or higher) instead of 0.3 and that immediately resolved the issue. It's strange.

@echologin Maybe changing the camera in the demo might solve the problem for the people that were seeing it. I personally had no problems with the demo.

32. echologin

echologin

I wish i could repo the problem to prove 100% what it is. maybe ill dig out some old laptops and try it on those

33. echologin

echologin

OK Finally I have Finally 1.1 DONE ! What a journey that was!!!! I will submit to asset store after weekend.

I think i got almost every request in.

Here is latest outline demo ( does not need unity pro to use it )

Outline/Overlay Demo

Here is Latest Space Demo.
    ( still runs fast on devices even with bump-mapping, outlines, asteroids, atmosphere on planets and a flaming rimlit sun )

Space Demo 1.1 Final

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  34. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

!!! Good job

35. JayG81

JayG81

Can't wait! ::D

36. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Highly recommended shaders!

37. echologin

echologin

Cool and thanks !

38. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

ETA? I just got bioshock infinite so no REAL rush. But I'm anxious to try this out.

39. echologin

echologin

Plan is to submit tomorrow morning.

40. echologin

echologin

One more day sorry, just ran unity 3.5.0 thru 4.1 tests ,screenshots and new readme.txt
    Its all ready to press submit button!

But id rather sleep, and have one final look-over with fresh mind before submitting.

while your waiting i would suggest watching this

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  41. JayG81

JayG81

WHAT!?!....

42. echologin

echologin

Submited

43. JayG81

JayG81

Now that I heard! ;) Gonna grab it now!

44. echologin

echologin

I dont think it will be approved till after weekend with Easter and all. But i did raise price to 50 ( from 40, had to this is a 12 hour a day job, and its still a good deal )

So now is the time to get it at 40

45. JayG81

JayG81

I got over excited and didn't consider that there would be an approval time. I can wait. I think I might take a break from what I'm working on this and watch this:

46. echologin

echologin

whaaat ?

( lol i seen this one b4 too )

47. echologin

echologin

Still waiting for approval

meanwhile i started work on 1.2

48. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

Nice! I'm taking care of some bugs and experimenting on facial animation (using Blender and shapekeys) while I've been waiting...nothing too complicated but bringing it into Unity looks like a pain. Oh how I wish it would just work, but after some hoop-jumping I think it'll be fine.

49. echologin

echologin

Cool where u the one who wanted that smooth blend animation for faces ? ( so many emails and people i lost track )

50. Finjitzu

Finjitzu