Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Web Player doesn't work

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by octabrain, Dec 6, 2012.

1. octabrain

octabrain

Hi,
    I'm trying to install Unity Web Player, but it just doesn't work. The installation process seems to work just fine, but on the unity start page it keeps telling me:
    Version of your web player
    Unity Plugin version:not installed
    Unity Engine version:not installed
    I uninstalled it a couple of times, after closing all browsers. Restarted, installed with all browsers closed. The version I used to install is the one found on the home page: http://webplayer.unity3d.com/download_webplayer-3.x/UnityWebPlayer.exe
    I'm running Win7 64bit.
    Let me know if you need any further information.
    Cheers

2. Loius

Loius

Current web player doesn't work on Chrome. Use FireFox or Internet Exploder; I believe Opera may also currently be working but I know FF is.

I no longer know whether to shudder more for Firefox or Exploder.

3. octabrain

octabrain

Thanks for your help. Yes, I was using Chrome. Tried it in FF and all was fine.

4. CreativeChris

CreativeChris

Unity Technologies

Hey guys,

Unity WebPlayer is supported on Chrome for Both Windows and Mac.

What version of Chrome are you running?

Thanks,
    Chris

5. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

6. Loius

Loius

I'm on Chrome Version 23.0.1271.95 m (oh god, I'm glad they hide that number -_-), with NotScript (all scripts enabled). I've reinstalled the web player, I've reinstalled chrome, all scripts and plugins are allowed. Chrome cannot detect my web player.

7. Loius

Loius

I was able to get mine to work on Chrome:

Uninstall Chrome (using the add/remove programs feature), and uninstall Unity Web Player.
    Install Unity Web Player.
    Install latest stable Chrome version (I used the local installer, as the over-the-net one did not work for me).
    Uninstall Web Player.
    Install Web Player.

I'm hoping some of those steps were unnecessary. :)

8. p3droxd

p3droxd

does not work on explorer it download good and everything but when you go on a game it asks to download the plugin when I already have it

Infinity2015 likes this.
  9. Luvsonic

Luvsonic

i have that same problem what p3roxd said

10. Infinity2015

Infinity2015

I have that problem too! I download it, I refresh the page to play the game, and it tells me I need to download the Unity.

11. Infinity2015

Infinity2015

I am using Internet Explorer. I downloaded it and when I want to play a game after I installed it, it tells me I need to do it again.

12. Infinity2015

Infinity2015

Is it probably because I need to download a newer version?

13. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

It doesnt work for me in chrome either only safaria seems to work

14. kingfrito_5005

kingfrito_5005

I cant get it work in Chrome or IE, same problem as everybody else.

EDIT: Got it to work in IE, dunno how, just tried it over and over till it worked. Still no luck with Chrome.

EDIT: Finally fixed it. Chrome has several flags that need to be disabled for it to work. go to chrome://flags/#enable-npapi and disable 'Enable NPAPI' and 'Disable WebGL.' (both of these should be set to disable, the names make this very confusing but by disabiling enable NPAPI you are disabling npapi and by disabling disable webgl you are enabling webgl. I have no idea why that would not be the case by default, it certainly should be.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  15. kavyaislam94

kavyaislam94

I am also facing same problem,I am using mozila browser and download latest version of unity but facing the same problem can anyone give me solution about this please?

16. IndieForger

IndieForger

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

its not working any more and wont be working soon. they f'd it up on purpose, and before they even got the WebGL setup properly because by 5.4, there will not be a Web Player for Unity and there wont be anymore support for it. Period.

18. ElfBaby101

ElfBaby101

Same for me, it doesn't work on chrome or internet explorer, I've tried to play but it keeps saying its installed but I've already done that, can anyone recommend me some games on windows store? I use to play this game called salawander and now it doesn't work just because unity won't work right.

19. ZQ570

ZQ570

I downloaded Firefox and the web player but nothing changes, it just keeps asking us to download it. Are you guys sure it won't work now that there's 5.6? If so, how do I operate that? I downloaded it but how do i play on it? the layout is just weird

20. mikael_juhala

mikael_juhala

Please, be more specific. Operate what? Play on what? What layout?

21. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

I was only able to get a 32-bit version of the webplayer to work with the last 32-bit version of Firefox. I have the 32-bit version webplayer. If you need it let me know I can put it on dropbox.