Search Unity

Where do i start?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by SaturnsVoid, Dec 1, 2012.

1. SaturnsVoid

SaturnsVoid

Hello. My name is Adam i am 18 from NY, US and i am currently enrolled in college for I.T.
    I have programming knowledge in VB.NET, HTML5, Java, PHP, and a little Python.

I have been wanting to make a game for a while since i played with FPS Creator in the past, I noticed that Unity supports Linux Systems and i am mainly looking to develop Indie games for Linux... I just don't know where to start, I have been playing a little and i have figured out some of the REAL BASICS (Terrain; Grass, Hills, Ect) but i don't have a clue what i am really doing :(

So is there any good Tutorials that go over everything needed to start developing a simple 3D game? I am using Unity 4.0 just for information.

2. Nemox

Nemox

3. Nubz

Nubz

4. BuildABurgerBurg

BuildABurgerBurg

Hello SaturnsVoid, and welcome. Are you going to use c# or unity script?

I have put a site together with Unity c# only video tutorials. on the menu you have the names of the authors that have tutorials on the site. I'm going to make some changes soon to make easier to find stuff.

All the tutorials are form youtube, just I have put them in one location so you don't have to go searching for parts of the tuts.

I will in the future make tutorials myself if I can get good enough. It's taking longer than I thought. unity team doesn't seem to put much time in releasing tutorials, so it's easy to waste time with something simple. You will see what i mean :)

Oh by the way you must checkout http://unitygems.com/ The guys who put this together have done a wonderful Job.

5. Ebkac

Ebkac

Cgcookie, the unitycookie sub site is great. Lunar lander tutorials are great to get started on.

6. Nubz

Nubz

Wow Mohoe I wasn't aware of http://www.unitypro.co.uk/

Thank you for your time in putting that together
    I see more than one thing on there I haven't seen before and I am sure it will help at least me out a lot