Search Unity

[TUTORIAL REQUEST] IOS and Android Hardware

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by davidf, Nov 30, 2012.

1. davidf

davidf

Hello everyone I hope this is the right place to put this request.

First off I am an intermediate user of unity and programming(C, C#, UnityScript/JavaScript). I have been working with unity IOS now for a few months and have found the tutorials are far and few between. I am having trouble figuring out how to access the hardware parts of the IOS. I would like to see some quality tutorials on the IOS hardware.

1. How to access the IOS hardware Cameras and use them as textures on Objects or something along those lines. (I know about WebCamTexture but the camera on the IOS flips the image);

2. How to use the IOS photo gallery and then add it to an object. (Take a picture and then add it to an object)

3. How to use the accelerometer

These are just a few Ideas, please add your ideas! I know I am being very IOS specific, only because that is what I am working with right now. I would like to see this stuff for android as well.

I think these kind of tutorials would really help out the community. If there are good tutorials or books about these topics on the internet already please link them.

Thanks,

David

2. Contract-killer

Contract-killer

3. ibyte

ibyte

I would have a look at prime31 plugins I think Mike offers most of that stuff.

iByte