Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Any decent fighting game tutorials out there?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Seraphyx, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Seraphyx

Seraphyx

Hello, firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section but...

I've been looking for quite a while for a fighting game tutorial or any guidance on how to create one (2D) and I have had absolutely zero luck. It seems like a vast majority of the tutorials cover platformers or shooting games of various types but nothing on fighting games. Hell I don't even recall ever seeing a fighting game made with unity but I'm sure it's possible, I just don't know why there is practically no information out there on making them (that or I am failing at searching).

I know absolutely nothing about how to create mechanics for fighting games or programming what I am assuming would be complicated AI behaviours which is why I've been trying to find a good tutorial. Are there any out there? If so can someone point me in the right direction?

A few other questions related to fighting games if anyone knows:
    - Can I use 3d character models in a 2d-like environment? (only move left and right, no strafing around the level like Soul Caliber or Tekken allows)
    - For all of the animations, would I have to rig and animate each "move" and save each animation separately in a 3d modeling program or does Unity (free) offer something that does this?
    - For characters of different body sizes do I need to create separate skeletons/rigging or would just changing the 3d mesh to match the body type be sufficient? (sorry if this sounds stupid, I haven't gotten too much into actual rigging and creating the skeleton yet)

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

2. indyisyourhero

indyisyourhero