Search Unity

Any decent fighting game tutorials out there?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Seraphyx, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Seraphyx

Seraphyx

Hello, firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong section but...

I've been looking for quite a while for a fighting game tutorial or any guidance on how to create one (2D) and I have had absolutely zero luck. It seems like a vast majority of the tutorials cover platformers or shooting games of various types but nothing on fighting games. Hell I don't even recall ever seeing a fighting game made with unity but I'm sure it's possible, I just don't know why there is practically no information out there on making them (that or I am failing at searching).

I know absolutely nothing about how to create mechanics for fighting games or programming what I am assuming would be complicated AI behaviours which is why I've been trying to find a good tutorial. Are there any out there? If so can someone point me in the right direction?

A few other questions related to fighting games if anyone knows:
    - Can I use 3d character models in a 2d-like environment? (only move left and right, no strafing around the level like Soul Caliber or Tekken allows)
    - For all of the animations, would I have to rig and animate each "move" and save each animation separately in a 3d modeling program or does Unity (free) offer something that does this?
    - For characters of different body sizes do I need to create separate skeletons/rigging or would just changing the 3d mesh to match the body type be sufficient? (sorry if this sounds stupid, I haven't gotten too much into actual rigging and creating the skeleton yet)

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

2. indyisyourhero

indyisyourhero