Guys I just learned today that MonoDevelop is in github:
I wonder if we can contribute some fixes?
- For me as a Mac user, by far the biggest issue is that MD seems to freeze for like 10 seconds at a time - I think it's trying to find symbols. I can turn that feature off, but I like autocomplete!
- I've also been getting lots of random errors when I attach to the debugger related to the VM, etc.
- When I do "attach to process" I see a list of like 10 "(null) Mono" instances and it grows as I work. Is this a bug in MD or somewhere else?
- Intellisense is often really broken, ignoring local symbols, etc.
- Why are warnings listed before errors?
- The UX for jumping to errors is fairly horrendous. Why does it just show the error for 2 seconds?
- Resizing the MD window is incredibly buggy (Mac)
I invited Tak (who I think is the holder of the keys for this project) to chime in here.
How can we help? Is there a list of known issues we can easily find?
Maybe someone could contribute an updated version from the latest Monodevelop trunk as it looks like it might address some of this stuff?
Maybe together we can help make this tool awesome.