Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shroud cloth physics sale!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CloakWorks, Nov 20, 2012.

1. CloakWorks

CloakWorks

Hello!

To celebrate the launch of the first cross-platform AAA title to use Shroud cloth physics technology, Hitman Absolution by IO Interactive, we're making our cloth simulation tools available for half-price now through Monday!

This is the first release of our latest tools, featuring an updated modern design, improved workflow, and improved collision detection:

You can buy Shroud Studio from here: http://www.cloak-works.com/purchase/ Just enter coupon code H1TMAN2012 when checking out.

Please note that we have also made the Shroud Runtime plugin for Unity free! We want as many people to use Shroud as possible, so we've adjusted our business model accordingly. The Shroud Runtime is free on the Unity Asset Store, and we've made a limited version of our cloth creation tools (Shroud Studio Basic) available for free as well. There's never been a better time to start putting some slick duds on your game characters!

So, in summary:
    - Shroud plugin for Unity is now FREE
    - Shroud Studio Basic is FREE
    - Shroud Studio Professional is half off for a limited time

Enjoy, and make something awesome!

2. mgear

mgear

Hi, very nice!

ps. F-Secure deepguard blocks Shroud Studio Basic.. (rating harmful, false positive most likely..)

3. mrbdrm

mrbdrm

the same here with Norton and the support say its the renderer not the system and I cam make my own if I like ...
    EDIT: can't find a place to put the coupon when I checkout

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  4. shaderx

shaderx

i tried to run the test scenes from the package i got errors:
    DllNotFoundException: ShroudUnityPlugin
    ShroudObjectManager.Awake () (at Assets/ShroudPlugin/Scripts/ShroudObjectManager.cs:77)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ShroudObjectManager.CreateInstance (System.String filename) (at Assets/ShroudPlugin/Scripts/ShroudObjectManager.cs:133)
    ShroudInstance.Start () (at Assets/ShroudPlugin/Scripts/ShroudInstance.cs:248)

DllNotFoundException: ShroudUnityPlugin
    ShroudInstance.LateUpdate () (at Assets/ShroudPlugin/Scripts/ShroudInstance.cs:301)

5. Boji

Boji

Nice, really wanted to try this out.

6. CloakWorks

CloakWorks

It must be the Ogre3d DLLs, which are not digitally signed like the rest of the executable. If you have concerns, Ogre3d is an open-source project, and you could build your own like they said if you have concerns. Shroud Studio is using Ogre3d version 1.73.

The coupon code goes in the "PO Number" field on the page where you choose your form of payment.

EDIT: Discount codes can now be entered on the Shopping Cart page before checkout.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  7. CloakWorks

CloakWorks

The readme.txt should cover this, but Unity requires that native plugins be placed in a folder called 'Plugins' in the Assets folder for your project. Just copy the contents of the Shroud/Plugins folder to Assets/Plugins, and it should work.

8. ecurtz

ecurtz

Have there been any updates on making internals such as the colliders accessible from our code? I'd love to be able to use Shroud but need to be able to adjust clothing to procedural characters.

9. CloakWorks

CloakWorks

The core library supports dynamically adding an removing colliders and changing their properties, but this functionality is not currently exposed through the C# interface for the Unity plugin. If you are a commercial developer we can discuss hiring CloakWorks to develop custom features like this for you offline.

10. imtrobin

imtrobin

I was actually considering to pick this up, until I saw updates are 6 months only. I was expecting free upgrades until the next version. Since 6 months down the road, there could be another cloth solution (maybe from PhysX), then there's no good incentive to get it now.