Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

'Not Dead Enough'- a zombie apocalypse simulator- now in production!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by dtg108, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirWaffles

SirWaffles

Aw man, im gonna miss the long loading times xD

2. dtg108

dtg108

lol, I sense sarcasm. With BETA, its one download, then play with no load. Anyways, got to go watch Walking Dead XD.

3. HugoStudios

HugoStudios

Hey, I just wanted to warn you that some of those assets in the pic above were illegally used by BackwardStudios. I am really sorry about that.

4. dtg108

dtg108

WE'll take them out. We were told that they were paid for.

5. HugoStudios

HugoStudios

Okay, but I give you permission to use them for the BETA.

6. dtg108

dtg108

Thanks, we'll replace them after BETA :D.

7. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

How the hell are you in Beta? This is pre-alpha at most.

8. dtg108

dtg108

Maybe we should've called it ALPHA. Sorry about that.

9. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Just messing with you, good progress though.

10. dtg108

dtg108

lol, thanks. We've been pumping along trying to get everything running for it, and apparently due to a lie, we're using stolen assets. Thankfully, the owner of these assets are letting us use it for the upcoming demo.

11. BackwardStudios

BackwardStudios

No those werent your assets. Those are mine, we didnt use yours yet.

12. dtg108

dtg108

Talk about this over PM, not on this thread. Please, no drama here.

13. SirWaffles

SirWaffles

I finally got to see the terrain. It looks great, but how did you texture it? Looks so natural :p

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  14. levijgraham

levijgraham

15. SirWaffles

SirWaffles

Wow, it looks nice. By terrain toolkit do you mean the default one Unity brings. If so you are pretty good at making terrains :)

16. levijgraham

levijgraham

17. HugoStudios

HugoStudios

How long did it take? That is amazing.

18. levijgraham

levijgraham

Around two days. The player is setup and working in game, You can equip baseball bats and pistols but they are both the shotgun model in game. So it's not broken :p Did some work on the camera feels a little smoother. Player still falls through the ground once and awhile, I know what the issue is though and will get it fixed!

downloadable version here.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ii19s0hu93skmgz

19. Myhijim

Myhijim

Guys it looks great, but really stop team bumping each other. There is such thing as a PM and Skype.

It is clear by now that most of you are in a team. Just chill on the posting a bit

Listen to your audience.... Team bumping scares people away

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  20. TVE

TVE

Well we are a huge team, so we have lots of updates. :]

21. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

I've already warned dtg108 about this. Please keep the unnecessary noise to a minimum.

People don't need to hear about every little minuscule update you make or, worse, announcements about potential future updates.

Discuss these things in private and post here when you have something genuinely interesting/significant to share.

22. HugoStudios

HugoStudios

Yeah, you should stop posting things every second.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  23. dtg108

dtg108

Don't start this. He works with Unity, he has the right to tell us what to do. You better not get this shut down, just listen.

24. Jadunsykes

Jadunsykes

This does not change the fact that you are replying to your own forum, you should only post here in responce to your audience, and keep things tidy. And No disrispect, but if your team is so large then you should have more experience with the way the creative media industry present themselves, which is a professional mannor, not talking to eachother on a forum that is for your potential fans.

25. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

That's his job: to remind people of the forum rules. He's an admin.

26. TVE

TVE

He is an artist, his job is to create art. He is giving advice, so he will not have to report this. Dtg lets just post updates as we make them and not progress. :] Sorry you guys are upset for us keeping you in the loop of what we are doing, we will give you summaries.

27. dtg108

dtg108

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  28. ProNerdPanda

ProNerdPanda

a Coke-Can?

Btw the game looks great, one thing, i do not see shadows in the screenshots?

29. dtg108

dtg108

Thanks. The screens aren't in game, so that's why there's no pics.

30. SirWaffles

SirWaffles

I laughed when i read it actually said Coke Whore

31. runner

runner

1 - 3 pages of early wip content is swell the rest is just noise ?

32. TVE

TVE

Alot of updates have happened through out them try looking better. :]

33. runner

runner

Perhaps you would be kind, and pop some links at the end of the thread showcasing the best .. ;)

34. TVE

TVE

Well so much gets posted you would have to spam it so it is not drowned. :] Thanks for idea!

35. Tesla-Coil

Tesla-Coil

This is one of the most annoying topics in the WIP section. ;) Guess is just a matter of age and common sense.

36. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Agreed. And when I asked you guys to please only post significant progress I wasn't really talking about posting a single prop that is a cylinder with a potentially offensive texture on it. Next pointless post on this thread gets it closed down. Post again when you have your next build with actual progress.

37. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

38. levijgraham

levijgraham

Hello everyone we have been hard at work to get something playable for the public! Now we finally have a alpha tech demo ready for you. We are working on all the animations since they aren't perfect and result in poppy movement and makes the locomotion tweak out.

Features
    Item Quality Q1-Q12

Q1 is the best quality for items.
    Q12 is the worst.

Q1 guns have lowered recoil, raised damage and higher chance to knock a zombie down.
    Q12 guns have raised recoil, lowered damage and lower chance to knock a zombie down.

Q1 food and drinks are full
    Q12 food and drinks are almost empty
    (In the future this will be used to determine if you should eat it, resulting in sickness if its bad quality)

Q1 bullets
    Q12 bullets
    (Quality of bullets doesn't effect anything yet. I Might make it jam the gun if its bad quality)

Player Control
    The player uses locomotion so his feet align with the ground, this still needs some work. You can decide if you want to play if first person or third person. Third person allows shoulder switching. The player can also crouch to increase shooting accuracy.

Newspapers
    Newspapers will be used to tell the story of the game. Basically how the zombie Apocalypse started. Collect all of them to get the full story.

Download Here
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mr4ncxrm4n21rg5

Video Here
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/not-dead-enough-nde/videos

P.S Tesla Coil and antenna tree. We have posted many webplayers and other stuff along the way. Sure some of it isn't very important but we wanted feedback on the webplayer and pictures. It's helping polish the game. Please don't just bash things. Provide constructive criticism that we can improve. Just saying our posts are annoying doesn't fix the problem. Also, why would you close down this forum we are working very hard to make something entertaining and playable. You threaten to destory some of work with a click of a button very nice of you :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  39. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

Game lags a bit especially when I'm trying to shoot. I know it's not my PC lol. Neat game idea you guys have. Also your GUI HUD gets cut off at certain aspect ratios. Another thing is the mouse controls are a bit annoying. Keep up the good work. looking forward to the next update.

40. dtg108

dtg108

Thanks for the compliments, but more importantly the feedback! We use it for the next build so we can update.

41. levijgraham

levijgraham

It lags because its trying to reload when shooting and the spawning is causing the lag when zombies are being created. I will improve this :) Whats wrong with the mouse controls? I'll try to make it react better.

42. SirWaffles

SirWaffles

The guy is always hunched over, but other than that the build was cool. I have one key question, When i ate a can of beans my screen turned red. Was that supposed to happen? Good Luck on the game

43. dtg108

dtg108

Thanks. We are working on the guy and animations.

44. levijgraham

levijgraham

Are you sure you didn't get hit when you ate the can of beans? If not that is defiantly not supposed to happen.

45. solowilk

solowilk

2 questions: how much will the game cost.
    and what will i need to play it? ☆★♡♥

46. levijgraham

levijgraham

The alpha is free, Beta will cost 2.5 dollars by the end of beta the game will be full price being 20 dollars. So, if you decide to fund us in early beta you get the game for 75% off :)

The game is planned for Linux, Mac and PC. So, a mouse, keyboard and a fairly decent computer.

47. slkjdfv

slkjdfv

I find it rather difficult to aim honesty. It might be because the cursor isn't centered on the screen lol,l so it's me not the game.

48. Tesla-Coil

Tesla-Coil

The WIP gets more interesting if you post updates and not use the WIP for communication between developers them self. Lets call this a "saved by the bell" as the update looks promising. Good luck on the game and looking forward to more updates.

49. BackwardStudios

BackwardStudios

I would like to report that DTG is using my assets. They have stolen NGUI and City Slum Pack from me and they are not removing them, they said they are buying there own to use so they are not going to remove mine. This thread should be shutdown.

50. dtg108

dtg108

WE are using free for now of ngui, and plan on buying it when it we release. We have happily removed your assets since you left/ Thanks. Sorry guys, just a mad guy that got fired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.