Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile Starter Pack #1 : FPS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SJAM, Nov 3, 2012.

1. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

2. SJAM

SJAM

Yes I know what happens, I think there was a meli-melo when I sent the package.

In the script you have already #Pragma strict, this warning appears because that

If the version of Asset store is the good one, and if I don't made a mistake when I sent it, in this file you must to see :

For the first warning :
    you need to have :
    (CharacterController) not ("CharacterController")

and at the end on each other line, you need to have : as Texture;

If is the case, you shouldn't have this warnings, if not... I think I sent the wrong package... and even if the package work fine like that (because Unity cast automatically the JS), I will send the good package.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

That's is indeed the case. The wrong ("CharacterController") is in the Asset Store version, and every other mentioned lines is missing as Texture;.

4. SJAM

SJAM

Ok, 2 possibilities about the 1.2b update :

- I was tired and I made the changes on other project lol
    - I was dreaming that I made the modifications, before sending later.

In all cases, all my apologies, because after a look, no modifications was made, in the good project :)

I fix that, and I send Immediately

Stéphane

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  5. SJAM

SJAM

- Package fixed
    - APK Demo fixed (Classic mode JS),
    - package sent!

Have a good night (sorry... french hours)

6. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Haha, I can understand! :)
    And thanks for the great support !!!

7. SJAM

SJAM

Version 1.2c on the Store :)

8. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Awesome! I just tried it, and its not coming up with any error now. All fixed! :)
    Thanks for the awesome support!!

BTW, I just noticed your images in the first page of this thread are missing now (of MSP Editors).... you might want to fix that too :)

I just tried to load the images - seems to be missing from your server itself.

http://www.t4mbe.azert2k.fr/1/ScreenShot1.jpg
    http://www.t4mbe.azert2k.fr/1/ScreenShot2.jpg

Try using the Asset Store's images - its probably more reliable (its hosted by Unity) :

https://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.n...14eb1437-fa47-4bb7-a84a-61d40484e5ba_orig.jpg
    https://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.n...2903fe-444f-4232-b0a5-1b88c7799d39_scaled.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  9. SJAM

SJAM

Thank a lot :)

Is that the images are still missing ? Wierd in France the images are present... I change by yours

10. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Those 2 images disappeared yesterday when I noticed it. I tried to load the images manually by the URL and it gave me "file not found on server" error message (I tried it 3 times). So I wrote that post, but after few hours later I came back to this thread and check again and the images are there again (apparently loaded from the original .fr server). Then few hours later you change the images to the Unity Asset Store one. I think your french hosting server probably had some problem before - the wierd thing is that it did connect, but it can't find the files on the server (thus the "file not found" error message).

11. GGStudios

GGStudios

hey, i wanna buy this but i needa ask if some1 can answer this would b gr8

can i play it in unity like do the buttons work with mouse clicking, or do i needa keep exporting to ios to play it. i wanna build off it but also wanna move around with keyboard and shoot on click to test it.

12. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

No you can't play with mouse and keyboard, I haven't implement this. But you can play with unity remote.

13. GGStudios

GGStudios

when i go to use unity remote it cant find anything. do i need to setup somthing somewere? i have the app on my iphone but yer.. cnt search for anything

14. imtrobin

imtrobin

I just bought this, I must say I wished you had separate the code better so it can be extended easier.

15. gendgee

gendgee

hey, azert2k, I just bought this. so how can i add animations

16. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all and thank,

@GGStudio
    No, read the unity document for remote android device. The gyroscope is not supported by Unity Remote

@Imtrobin
    I know is difficult sometime to read the logical of another coder, but my code in this package is correctly separate and easy, to allow at all to use. if I separated more, a lot of persons will not understand.

@gendgee
    Just create your arms animations, and place your animated arms at the same place than my arms. After that, you need to add the code to trig of animations.

If you need more informations keep me aware

Best Regards

Stephane

17. Mementos

Mementos

Hey, tried the demo rly nice. And sooo smoothly :) Do you planning adding crouching and ladder system? Then i would buy it :)

And of course, could you ad jumping? :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  18. SJAM

SJAM

Thank a lot :)

Not for now sorry.

The big problem with jump, is mainly the realist effect. I was try, but is really bad. I'm in vacation soon, so I will seek a better solution.
    And Add a basic zombie IA + change control in-game.

19. Mementos

Mementos

Thanks =)
    I created a PP acc and will buy it as soon as my PP acc is verified =)
    In-game control changing sounds interesting :D

PS. Sorry for my bad english ;D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  20. Mustafa Adil

Mustafa Adil

hello everyone,

im facing a problem when adding the enemies...let me give a brief story:

I import the enemy and sets the waypoints and also set the target of enemy to "Player"...when i run the game enemy starts moving but did not recognize the target (Player)....i dont know what is the problem as there are no errors and also there is no problem with the scripts too...

Anyone here who has imported the enemy and there enemy working fine?? I need help

21. BL00DCELL

BL00DCELL

I have some questions.

1)How can I reposition the AIM button or which script to I look in?
    2)Where can I resize the left joystick button?
    3)Where do I add the code for the knife to function as well as play an animation?
    4) I'm adding a blood particle and added the public var Blood :GameObject; underneath the public var Sparkle:GameObject; but it's not showing up in the inspector. Do I need to add something to another script?

Thanks for making a great tool. It works well with T4M :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  22. SJAM

SJAM

@Mustafa Adil
    I will add enemy soon...

@Bl00dcell
    Thank a lot, so :

1)Aim button is based on "AimBtn" (class "Btn") in the script MSP.cs. Use AimBtn.FingerBound (line 262)

2) thanks to you, I just found a small bug.(Wrong Initialisation)
    So, you need to coment the line 265 (cs) line 259(JS) and use Pad Size Corrector in inspector or in the script

3)in the Soot Function you will found " //Put here your code for no fire weapon"
    Add here the animation script and hit script

4)You can modify the MSPEditor4JS (JS) or MSPEditor(CS) in editor folder to add the new Fields to keep my Inspector Menu

Or you can :
    comment the line 8 in MSPEditor4JS (JS) //MSPEditor (CS) to see the basic inspector and your fields automatically.

23. Mustafa Adil

Mustafa Adil

Okay its good to hear that enemies are going to be added in near future....but can you kindly how much long will it take you to add enemies ?? i myself added the enemies but failed....i need them urgently please! :(

24. BL00DCELL

BL00DCELL

Excellent!! Thank you!! :) I'm having fun with the system.

25. pallinarozza

pallinarozza

Is on this kit the possibility to make a
    -single fire gun (pistol)
    - burst fire gun (m16)
    - edit the fire speed
    - have a recoil
    - bullet deviation (for example if I fire at 1388392m of distances, in this kit you'll always hit the target.
    -could I pay with paysafecard. I can't recharge the pp and on it I've only 4€ :(

26. ProjectOne

ProjectOne

Hi,
    what files do I need to import into my own project if all I want is only the MSP editor to apply touch-control to my own game? in this case a top down view game and I thought to use MSP editor from your asset to touch-control my in-game character.

27. wana7262

wana7262

how can i apply only controls on my FPS prefab.... i just want controls on my player bcoz i have separate WeaponManager and WeaponScript.. Please Reply

28. SJAM

SJAM

Hi all,

So, I will have a little time next week, to show you how to had Zombie enemies on a scene in the next verison.

Please, I need you understand that MSP is a INPUT StarterPack, not a complete game StaterPack. I had prepare the code to manage enemies and the live of the player, but is not the point of this package.

But, because you are a lot of happy customers to use my package, I will integrate an basic IA in this package.

@pallinarozza
    Sorry, I can't do that for one person, I hope you understand. I havent' any time for that.

@ProjectOne wana7262
    Please contact me by email, with more details on what you want to do exactly.

Best Regards

Stéphane 'Azert2k'

29. IndyLion

IndyLion

How is it coming along?

30. SJAM

SJAM

I work on a similar project(with touch screen functions) now and I done a better result than MSP with more independant functions (separating the command script and player script)

So I will rewrite completly the MSP to give a similar result for the next version (v2) of the MSP.

I think I need 2 weeks, to finish the current one, and doing the new version of MSP (+ simple IA)

For now, you can read the "target.cs" script of the msp, for learn how hit works on the IA and the Player.

31. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

i have completed making a FPS control, but im stuck with "look-around" function. so, lets say, i just want to use your "look-around" script, i don't have to install the move/fire/etc script?

if this is your plan, it would be great. thanks

32. wana7262

wana7262

am stuck... how can i disable firing while changing weapon.. plus how can i speed up weapon changing... scripts are so confusing HELP

33. SJAM

SJAM

Hi,

I will try to simplify my scripts for beginner, but I can't do an miracle. And it can be less optimised after.

But the next update will have the scripts more separates, so maybe you can use it more easy.

I keep you aware

Best Regards

Azert2k

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  34. wana7262

wana7262

Thanks Waiting for next version... kindly make the control script and weapon script separate ... so that others can apply only Controls on there FPS prefab( as i have a FPS Prefab only for PC i want your's controls over it but can't :( ).....!!!
    Thanks

35. uni7y

uni7y

Can you please add a enemy in the next update? would be so nice!

36. SJAM

SJAM

Next update will take some time, because I have a little late on my roadmap. So be patient, you can find an exemple of damage management in the target.cs script. The player script have already the damage management also.

The current package is fully functionnal, but a lot of persons need that I simplify the scripts, for best understanding. For that I will take some things of my next asset (soon), and put it in the next version. I think you will happy of the new functionnalities and the easy to use.

For now, I just need to focus on the release of my new asset (this weekend) for begin the next update of MSP the most soon possible.

Thank for understanding.

Best regards

Stephane

37. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

Great! Thank you very much ;)

38. IndyLion

IndyLion

What is your new asset?

39. SJAM

SJAM

@IndyLion
    I can't say for now, for motivations reasons... I hope you understand. Don't worry, nothing similar to the MSP ;) but something who give me more ideas and gave me more possibilities for the next update of MSP.

The scripts are done, I need to finish the documentation (with my bad english,it's hard...), and some demos scenes.

Best Regards

Stéphane

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  40. IllogicalGames

IllogicalGames

hi, when is the estimated release date for the MSP update? i need to know to schedule my project milestone.

41. Mustafa Adil

Mustafa Adil

im having a problem in Resuming the game, problem is when i resume the game after pausing the game, it does not resume. Here is my code, someone tell me where im doing mistake.

#pragma strict
    var Msp : MSPFps_JS;

var isPaused : boolean = false;
    function OnGUI () {
    if(Msp.MSPControl.PauseStatus == true){
    isPaused = true;
    Time.timeScale = 0.00001;
    if(GUI.Button(new Rect(Screen.width/5,Screen.height/2-Screen.height/20,Screen.width/5*3,Screen.height/10),"Resume"))
    {
    isPaused = false;
    Time.timeScale = 1.0;

}
    }

}

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  42. SJAM

SJAM

@IllogicalGames
    ASAP :)

@Mustafa Adil
    if Msp.MSPControl.PauseStatus stay to true, it's normal ;)

Put this line

}

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  43. Mustafa Adil

Mustafa Adil

i added the line , and its working now but again there is a problem. When i again try to tap the Pause GUI on top right corner of the screen , the game does not pause :( what is the solution??

44. SJAM

SJAM

Can you move again the player ?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  45. Mustafa Adil

Mustafa Adil

yes i can move again my player

46. SJAM

SJAM

Wait I will try

47. Mustafa Adil

Mustafa Adil

ok waiting

48. SJAM

SJAM

This time you have find a bug... I forgot to reinitialize the touch ID...

Edit MSP_JS.js and go to the line 570 you have this :
    else if (touch.phase == TouchPhase.Ended || touch.phase == TouchPhase.Canceled)//End/Canceled Phase Begin
    {

just after this two lines add this :

Code (csharp):
    1.     if (PauseBtn.FingerDown  PauseBtn.FingerId == touch.fingerId){
    2.             PauseBtn.FingerId = -1;
    3.             PauseBtn.FingerDown = false;
    4.             continue;
    5.     }
    Works fine after that.

So, I will start the rewrite of MSP this week, I hope released the next version this weekend without any certitude.

The control part will be simplified and compiled to keep only one script (like that I will have only one script for your JS and C# scripts, no more MSP and MSP_JS, just MSP class) it will avoid problems translation C#->JS, and allow to me to focalize on 1 script so better quality/release more faster.

Have fun !

Best Regards

Stéphane

49. Mustafa Adil

Mustafa Adil

thanks mate its working fine now :)
    and good luck with your Gpad product :)

50. SJAM

SJAM

Thanks a lot,

I think I will push later the release of GPad, to work on the next MSP version.