Search Unity

Alien Dogling Monster WIP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kalamona, Nov 2, 2012.

1. kalamona

kalamona

Webplayer Battle Scene

EDIT: It is already in the Asset Store!

Hey,
    Usually I don't post work in progress phases, but I am rather excited about this one.
    I am making a sci-fi monster, heavily inspired by the Zergling unit (can't help, I love them!).

Any opinion is welcome, and if you have suggestions what to include in this pack (more animations? skins? additional "prop" items, like alien eggs or such?), feel free to share.

cheers,
    Kalamona

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks really nice. Sci-fi monsters are definitely hard to find. If you like this one, I'd recommend doing a larger version as the 'queen'.

3. FGdsfsdfsdfsd

FGdsfsdfsdfsd

I really like it. It looks a lot better in motion than from that screenshot, particularly because of the arm joints that looks a bit weird. This is something I can use in my project. Please make more of these with similar style, like Rajmahal said a Queen would be nice, and perhaps some small underlings things and a slimmer version of the monster you already have. Lots of animations are always welcome (more than 1 dying animation please, preferably 3+).

4. kalamona

kalamona

Hello,
    Wow, I forgot to mention that it is already in the Asset Store :)

Yep, I am aware of the weirdness of the arm joint (I think you mean his front claws mainly, that they bend backwards instead of forwards). I just wanted to have it something weird and unnatural, but perhaps it went too well :)

It has 2 dying animations, but adding more animations is easy (if you have the source file). I already made a lower poly version, but I planned to add more animations like jumping and swimming. I will add an additional "dying" then too.

Anyway, thanks for your opinions, they definitely help a lot.
    cheers
    Kalamona