Search Unity

Could I get tips and advices for a newbie like me for game design/development?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by u-007, Nov 1, 2012.

1. u-007

u-007

First, I apologize if this is posted on the wrong section, I am not sure where it should go. Anyhow, I am a C# programmer and comic artist who aspires to be a game designer/developer. I have been going from place to place to find the best game engine for beginners to get started. I've checked UDK(Unreal Developer's Kit), Cry Engine 3, Neoaxis, and some others like blender. I found UDK and Cry Engine really appealing as far as visuals and cinematic. I found their license to be a bit complicated as I have never worked around game engines before, and also interface and such seems very complicated. I came across Unity and looked around of some of the projects and games built in this engine and I saw some really good ones. At first I was a bit uninterested as I did not saw the same visuals as UDK or cry engine, but heck, it all changed once I saw the tech demo of the new Unity 4 capabilities. I was also very attracted to the fact that there is so much documentation and even tutorials to help me get started. Take in mind I am a COMPLETE noob at this, so I am not really sure if my speculations and opinions are accurate and such. I aim to make RPG games like Zelda, not the gameplay or formula, just the style.

Back to the topic, what do you recommend a noob like me should start with? Thank you in advance and best wishes to everyone =]

Cheers

2. Nubz

Nubz