Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Flow

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Arkhivrag, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Flow v1.6.5 has been released

Flow shader creates real time flow effects using flow maps. Package contains 20 high quality - SM3 shaders and 21 optimized mobile version shaders.
    Shaders are divided into several groups with more or less complexity. Complexity and quality of the shader is controllable.
    Shader supports: Diffuse, Specular, Bump, Transparency, Emission, Parallax, Reflection, Refraction (fake Refraction for Unity Free), Noise, Lightmapping etc.
    All scenes from promo video are inside package.

Check asset store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/4897

Flow v1.6 - Mobile Flow with lightmapping support

Flow v1.5 with easy flow revealing feature

Flow v1.4 with refraction

Update info:

Update v1.6.5
    • Fixed transparency artifacts
    • Improved Gloss for nonmobile shaders
    • Reduced instructions count 2 - 7 per shader
    • Shaders are 5% - 10% faster

Update v1.6.4
    • Warnings cleanup in Unity 4.2.1

Update v1.6.3
    • Transparent shaders take mesh vertex alpha into account
    • Fixed Mobile transparent shaders render order

Update v1.6
    • Mobile shaders support Lightmap
    • Improved Flow script and inspector GUI

Update v1.5.1
    • Correct work of Refraction flow with fog
    • Fixed compilation errors with Reflection flow
    • Removed some compilation warnings

Update v1.5
    • New flow revealing feature

Update v1.4.2
    • Support Unity 4.1

Update v1.4.1
    • Support Skinned Meshes.

Update v1.4
    • Added refraction shaders

Update v1.3
    • Added material indexing feature.
    • Added multi script support (Several flows can be controlled on the same object).

Update v1.2
    • Support Unity 4 DX11 (Fixed bugs in DX11 mode).

Update v1.1
    • Improved all shaders (redused instruction count).
    • Added mobile shaders.

Note: Mobile shaders are built according Unity's built in Mobile shaders and have same restrictions:
    • Mobile shaders do not support reflection, parallax, emission and noise parameters.
    • No specular color
    • Specular map inside flow texture alpha channel
    • Specular lighting directions are approximated per vertex
    • Normalmap uses Tiling/Offset of the Base texture
    • No Deferred Lighting support
    • Supports ONLY 1 directional light. Other lights are completely ignored.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. nuverian

nuverian

This is super cool man. A bit pricey maybe, but it seems worth it I guess. :)
    Good job.

3. janpec

janpec

A+!
    This is going to make rivers so much better, since flow now gets obstructed by rocks. Please post some more videos with rivers and rocks in them:D

4. Sparty

Sparty

Thinking of using this for rivers and waterfalls. Would love to be sold with more videos and or info. :)

5. nuverian

nuverian

nice. Good to see the shader properties

6. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Nice, interested in buying this package but are they compatible with Unity 4?

7. unityasoft

unityasoft

Well worth a $100. any good for mobile?

8. Games-Foundry

Games-Foundry

Sent you a PM a few days back.

9. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Hi
    I have submitted new version of Flow with mobile support. After review it will be on asset store. Everyone who already purchased Flow, will get update for free.

10. janpec

janpec

Hey do you have suggestion with what software is best to create river flow map?

11. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

@janpec

There is documentation inside Flow package, describing flow maps and how to create, draw or generate them.

12. Pulov

Pulov

Hi, the river video is impressive.

The tears too.

I can see it working on a car windscreen to simulate rain.

13. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

@pulov
    As of course, it's really easy with Flow. Check this video

14. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

I've just asked about possibility of this going into asset store madness... And, haha, so that is how you deal with potential new costumers?
    Good to know, less $100 bucks in your pockets, budy. Enjoy!

15. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

@BrUnO XaVIeR
    Bad behavior.
    If you have any questions ask them here.

16. jesta

jesta

Can this work on terrains? Or do I have to place a "dummy" terrain as a mesh?

17. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Unity terrain has it's own shader, so Flow can not replace terrain base shader.

18. janpec

janpec

Do you provide software for creation flow maps, or at least do you know which one to use? Also i am guessing that river has to be UV unwraped in 1:1 space for flow map texture right? If thats so that means that for bigger rivers you would need to stick few rivers together.

19. janpec

janpec

Well some shaders like only 1 color rim shaders do not need UVs since its only 1 color on object.
    Thanks for river flow informations.

20. Games-Foundry

Games-Foundry

@Arkhivrag It would be helpful to list those free packages with URLs. Being able to easily edit flow maps is something developers evaluating your package will want to research, since no editor is included in your asset, only guidelines for Photoshop.

We are watching this asset for a potential buy, but are waiting until it matures and any bugs are found/fixed, and to read feedback from other community members on the quality of the asset and support. Were it on sale, we would buy it sooner.

21. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

For creating flow maps I use free program - FlowMap Painter - http://teckartist.com/?p=96
    I also use photoshop for simple flow maps, for example in demo video - tears on statue, I drew flow map inside photoshop. Beside this I know there is plugin for Houdini (to generate flow map) and script for 3ds Max (to draw flaw map).

22. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Hi,
    New version of Flow (v1.2) - RELEASED. Now it correctly handles Unity4 DX11. All shaderes inside package have been rewritten.

23. gecko

gecko

I just purchased this, looks great--but I'm having trouble setting teh Speed and Stretching in the Flow Controller script. I set them, but at runtime my settings are overridden and they change to -0.2 and 5. How do I force them to stick to my settings?

24. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Hi,
    I have just retested Flow on several Unity versions and everything works correctly. I can not determine reason of your problems. Could you please send my your project, including Flow package and I will be glad to help you.

25. gecko

gecko

That got it working, thanks much!

26. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Hi,
    I have update Flow with new feature. Now you can set which indexed material is under Flow control and there can be more then one flow on the same object.

27. blechowski

blechowski

Thanks for the great shaders!

I have bought the Flow package, but I could not find the bonus package.
    I was led to believe that subsurface-scattering-shader is part of Flow.
    Am I missing something?

Again, thanks for the great work!

28. Zozo2099

Zozo2099

please can I know if it is compatible with Unity 4! thank you.

29. Arkhivrag

Arkhivrag

Yes it is. It is compatible with all Unity versions above 3.5, including Unity 4 DX11.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  30. blechowski

blechowski

Thanks for the reply :)

Great, that you acknowledge that it was your fault.
    It is really cool that you try to be fair to some of your customers, but what about others?
    How do you know that I bought Flow for the Flow, instead of the bonus package? Maybe, the Flow was nice bonus for the money.

That is not relevant. Imagine an advertisement that says you have a bonus package. You click on the ad and the page is opened that does not mention the bonus. Clearly, it is a false advertisement.
    On top of it, Flow unity store page links to this forum.

I hope you understand my position :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  31. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Purchased and very happy about it. Now that i own it i can say it would've been worth it even before the reduction!

32. blechowski

blechowski

It is clear that on the forum you advertised Flow + bonus (Subsurface scattering shader worth 10$) and in asset store you sold only Flow. This is an obvious case of false advertising. You acknowledged that it was your fault that it happened. Great! Why don't you make it right though?
    You baited me with Flow + bonus and I only got Flow. This is known as bait and switch and is illegal[1].
    You also think that the content on the asset store takes precedent over your advertisement on the forums and here you are simply mistaken.It only proves that you acknowledge that your offer on forums and asset store differ, even though they supposedly describe the same product, thus one can make a case for false advertising.

It is irrelevant if you call it a gift/bonus/free product or not. These are marketing terms. What matters is that you advertised Flow+bonus and I got Flow only.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  33. MOMO Wing

MOMO Wing

sorry, I just pay the plug "flow", but I find the "Volcano" demo scene don't like the video.
    The Magma ejected from the crater but no in the scene, I wanna make it like the video show, so what shold I do? e-mail me, thx.

34. MOMO Wing

MOMO Wing

I would like to Publisher: Davit Naskidashvili to ask a question, I watched your demo video (youtube url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2S25z2nMGA) from1 minutes and 40 seconds to 1 minute 45seconds, the volcanic magma flow from the top to the foot of the mountain, is how to achieve your Flow 1.3a version there is no way to achieve the same effect?You are using deceptive methods to demonstrate the program it?Please reply to this person to buy your plug-user questions, thank you

35. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

You already just asked the question, keep timezones in mind, the asset publisher could just be sleeping right now depending on his timezone so you shouldn't expect an answer within 55minuts really.

36. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

I would like to Publisher: Davit Naskidashvili to ask a question, I watched your demo video (youtube url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2S25z2nMGA) from1 minutes and 40 seconds to 1 minute 45seconds, the volcanic magma flow from the top to the foot of the mountain, is how to achieve your Flow 1.3a version there is no way to achieve the same effect?You are using deceptive methods to demonstrate the program it?Please reply to this person to buy your plug-user questions, thank you

37. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

First post exact copy paste from another user's second post?

38. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

$q1.jpg $q2.jpg

unity3d without running magmatic textures on the model of the mountain?Did not like your demo video from no the magma to some magma process effect?

please tell me how to Achieve your effect in the demo video, how to make

39. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

it's working for me without changing anything just loading the scene hitting play

40. MOMO Wing

MOMO Wing

sorry that, haha~

41. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

What versions of your unity3d?I tried 3.5 and 4.0 are not realistic, that the effects of demo video.Gradually flowing? ? ?You are convinced from no the magma to the magma it?

42. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Unity 4, and yes it's flowing just fine for me

43. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

Demo (youtube url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2S25z2nMGA) Video Time from
    1 minutes and 40 seconds
    $e1.jpg
    To to
    1 minute 45seconds
    $e2.jpg

But,I here it is 0 minutes 01seconds( 0:01 time ) $e4.jpg $e3.jpg
    No natural flow effect???? No natural flow effect????
    If you can achieve it and OK, please let me look at you is how to design the parameters?
    $e5.jpg

thank you very much

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  44. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

$OK.jpg $pl.jpg
    Why you did in your products introduced tools only provide your package does not include video realized?I downloaded your free Flow package, there have been volcanic, but it did not materialize, so I bought the pro version, Flow pro 1.3a package, I think there will be realized, and the results you saying that it is not?

I hope you illustrate your merchandise presentation rather than in your post back, please do not let me spend more money wasted.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  45. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

I have post telling that all scenes in promo video are inside package, except volcano eruption. ????????

Since you do not provide a volcanic eruption, you can provide a just flowing magma volcanic eruption rather than a volcano eruption? Your video mislead the purchaser, the the Flow Pro version is before buying,the video is misleading to me

46. hxsdup1

hxsdup1

This is sophistry, car in advertising ! I bought the car, i can use it. you can open your goods can be achieved only in your deceptive advertising? If you just sell the goods, then you sell your goods by Exaggerated, false advertising video, but your dignity. Maybe your goods is very good (maybe), but you sell products but people really despise you

Last reply bummer products

47. jesta

jesta

Well, that was entertaining.

To any potential buyers: Flow is a great package.

48. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Just get a refund, this product is clearly not for you!

I like it a lot!

49. bigSky

bigSky

Anyone, please don't pay attention to the unique and troubled posts by hsxdup, above. You will not be harmed by a real volcano if you buy this asset. You will, however, have a great tool that will allow you to utilize flow maps (as in this Siggraph 2010 course). A great set of shaders.

50. mangojambo

mangojambo

Yes, it is an amazing tool! It has even mobile shaders!!! But... I was thinking exacly the same as hsxdup. I thought it was easier to do, like a slider for the lava growing (for my project it would be a tooth decay growing). Well, not this time, but this add-on is in my favorites anyway.

Cheers.