Search Unity

Warblade MK II - work in progress

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by WarbladerToo, Oct 23, 2012.

1. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

Hi

My Name is Edgar Vigdal and I'm the developer of Warblade MK II. Warblade MK II is new chapter in the Deluxe Galaga / Warblade saga. Warblade is a galaga type arcade shoot'em up game that has gotten quite popular on PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad. It started out as Deluxe Galaga on the Amiga in the late 80s, early 90s and it was one very popular shareware game back then.

I have now started using Unity3D to make this new game. And I have created a developer blog at www.emv-software.com. There is also a mailing list you can join to get the latest news on the Warblade MK II development.

Most recent things happening to the Warblade MK II project. After a bit of hard work I have now completed a video for a crowd funding page I have set up at ulule.com. This page will go live in a few days! I will post links to the YouTube video and the ulule page very soon.

I have also gotten lots of new fantastic art for the game from my new best friend :p in Australia!

$WARBLADE_MK_II_PLAYERweapons_v3.jpg

$Screen-Shot-2012-10-11-at-9.37.25-PM.jpg

I am currently working on the in game level designer for the game. So not much of a playable demo is available at the moment. Will post a new test version of game/editor in a few days.

Any comments on this project is very much appreciated !!

More very soon....

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

Some links to YouTube videos for Warblade

www.ulule.com presentation video

Warblade HD for iPad on the iCade arcade controller

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Looks nice!

--Eric

4. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

Thanks!!

Here is some more gfx

$Alien_Sprite_001_small.jpg

GamerPET likes this.
  5. Random-username

Random-username

I used to play the previous warblade quite a lot, very excited about this :)
    It's looking really cool so far.

6. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

The Warblade MK II crowd funding page is now live! So if you want to help out making this game come true, please check out the funding page at www.ulule.com/warblade-mk-ii

This is your chance to get some very exclusive prizes and get your name inside the game and get a little fame!! Please tell all your friends and family about this page too and share the news on your facebook page!!

7. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

The funding of the Warblade MK II project is going very well and we are now close to 90% funded! But it can not stop now! Please help out getting the last few % done too. Check out the excellent prizes (... get your own bonus, secret, feature inside the game! ) and get your name locked inside the game and get a little bit of fame ! :D

The crowd funding page is at : http://www.ulule.com/warblade-mk-ii/

Here are some new concept graphics for the game.

$bird_c.JPG
    How the figurine prize for the crowd funding will look like.

$BIG_Alien_01.png
    An alien boss

$!cid_ii_13ab993db72415e8.png
    Another boss!

8. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

Update!

Crowd funding period for Warblade MK II is soon over (12 days left) and we have now passed 167% of the goal. This is fantastic!! But it's still possible to become part of this crowd funding project over at http://www.ulule.com/warblade-mk-ii/ So join in and get your name inside the game or maybe you have an idea for a bonus, a secret lock or some new clever secret you want to add to the game. You still have the chance to do this!! But hurry before it's to late!!

Some new images

$image2.png

$image3.png

All images copyright EMV Software AS (c) 2012

9. Gorlog

Gorlog

wow awsome i love shoot em ups :D

pls rise your diffculty for craryz players like me :D

10. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Dude, Deluxe Galaga was one of the best ever games on the Amiga! And I've very much enjoyed Warblade too on the Mac. I have no idea how this thread escaped my eye for over 4 weeks! Very cool to see you working on a successor in Unity and your level editor is pretty cool too. And how old are you exactly? :)

Are you using an asset-store extension for your 2D handling or some kind of home brew thing?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  11. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

I think perhaps the coolness of this project and the `reputation` of Edgar is somewhat lost on this forum.... what with years having passed since the Amiga days and perhaps not as many people knowing about the original Warblade game. ... with a whole new generation of young game developers who most likely never even heard of the Amiga, I don't think many people realize just how popular your games are/were and how much respect they have gained.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  12. aixaix

aixaix

I love the enemies :3

13. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

I use 2D toolkit for sprite handling... I'm too old :)

14. DayWalker

DayWalker

Wow, this game looks EPIC and the graphics look amazing!! I look forward to playing this game. :)

15. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

Thanks!! I will have some more gfx to have sneak peek at later today. We have lots of ideas for new stuff in this game. So I hope it will be really good! Tested it with all stuff turned ON on the iphone5 the other day and it's running steady at 60fps !

It's still possible to become part of this crowd funding project over at http://www.ulule.com/warblade-mk-ii/ Only 4 days left now!!!

16. Kaze_Senshi

Kaze_Senshi

Oh yeah, the graphics looks amazing but I don't know about the challange, maybe the video that you posted are from the earlier stages but the player's shoot cleans the empty and it looks pretty easy. So make it harder :D

17. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

From what I recall, Warblade had easy/normal/hard settings?

18. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

Preview of redone aliens from Warblade I. All the old levels and aliens will be included in Warblade MK II

$Classic_Aliensheet.png

New concept alien

$BIG_ALIEN_02565_weapon.png

Copyright (c) 2012 - EMV Software AS

19. WarbladerToo

WarbladerToo

20. Marrt

Marrt

Wow, the Art of the Blaster-effects look absolutely juicy! :F (<- im drooling) I can imagine how they will look animated

This motivates me to make some effort to finally think about the graphics of my game... although, naah, i have to rework my code some more, Business before pleasure...

Jeez, i can even hear the sound of the Rays as a watch this art, the best Shape of a Boos Blast i can imagine, i really hope you guys succeed in animating it in the same fashion, or is this already done?

21. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Was sorry to hear that Edgar passed away in April. Sorry also that Warblade 2 probably won't see the light of day.

http://emv-software.weebly.com

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Griffo likes this.
  22. CoderGames

CoderGames

I'm sorry to hear he passed away as well. Wow, this is very sad for me as Warblade was one of my favorites, Galaga on Amiga too. One of the reasons I made Invader Attack and still keep making shmups. Many years ago, I used to play Warblade all day long. I finished the game several times, each time beating my previous score.

I hope he didn't suffer much. My mother died of cancer as well, so I know how ruthless and brutal the disease can be. At least he died doing what he genuinely loved to do, making games. It's the best way to die, in my opinion.

It seems like he did all the graphics and animations for the game and most of the programming as well. I can offer my skills to finish up his work thus keeping his spirit and game style alive.