Search Unity

[RELEASED] Animation Inspector - only U$ 5.00 don't miss it

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fano_linux, Oct 21, 2012.

1. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi guys,

I'm proud to announce a new motiontracks tool, the Animation Inspector.

Inspect all animations or just the running animations from any gameObject you want.

The animation inspector tool help you to debug animations in runtime, in every change the inspector can show to you the weight, layer, time, blend mode, wrap mode of each animation in runtime.

Never look again at the code to see if you are playing the right animation, just look at the Animation Inspector.

Demo Video:

Already submited to Assets Store, waiting the analisys

You can buy it from the online store: http://www.motiontracks.org/index.php?route=product/product&path=90&product_id=284

NEw Tool integrated:

If you use 3ds max to create your animations with cat, or biped system, and you use the Motion Mixer tool, you know if you have for example 100 animations, you'll have to split them into unity one by one. Take's time and it's pure pain. To solve this problem i present to you Animation Inspector + 3ds max Animation auto Split plugin.

Create motion mixer at 3ds max, use the plugin to generate xml collection of all animations in your mixer and bring it to unity with just a fill clicks.

All animations will be splitted and named as in 3ds max motion mixer.

You can buy the two tools here: http://www.motiontracks.org/index.php?route=product/product&path=90&product_id=284

New Animations Inspector Update: V 1.1

Update Log:
    *Select Animinations to inspect From list
    *Select Time Speed

Submited to Assets Store: http://u3d.as/content/motiontracks-org/animation-inspector/3uU

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. fano_linux

fano_linux

bump...

3. nuverian

nuverian

I like it :)

4. fano_linux

fano_linux

@nuverian Thank you, i hope you enjoy using it.

I plann to add more features to this component. And of course you get the full source code of the tool.

Thank you again

5. fano_linux

fano_linux

Integrated to Animation Inspector: 3ds Max Motion Mixer Importer

If you use 3ds max to create your animations with cat, or biped system, and you use the Motion Mixer tool, you know if you have for example 100 animations, you'll have to split them into unity

one by one. Take's time and it's pure pain.

To solve this problem i present to you Animation Inspector + 3ds max Animation auto Split plugin.

Create motion mixer at 3ds max, use the plugin to generate xml collection of all animations in your mixer and bring it to unity with just a fill clicks.

All animations will be splitted and named as in 3ds max motion mixer.

6. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Sounds extremely useful! Bookmarked!

7. fano_linux

fano_linux

Thanks I am da bawss i'm glad you like it, i'll be creating more usefull tools like this, the next one i beleave is to Save the components values change in game mode, and mantain if you want in edit mode.

Take a look here too http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/155596-RELEASED-Copy-Component-FREE It helped me allot, and it's totally free.

Thank you again

8. fano_linux

fano_linux

9. fano_linux

fano_linux

10. fano_linux

fano_linux

Version 1.2 is comming up.

11. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi eskimojoe, the store was configurated to download only one copy per user, i've changed this, now you can download and/or purchase more than one copy + download it more times. It's licensed per person.

You can try to buy those free animations again, and you'll see now that the donwload opntion is not going to be missed. at least for 4 times.

Thank you

12. fano_linux

fano_linux

Forgot to comment, with this package you will get the full source code of the tool, not a compiled dll, you get all the C# source files.

13. fano_linux

fano_linux

14. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

Just bought it. Seems it works fine even with my old fellow - 3D MAX 2009. :)

Thanks!

15. fano_linux

fano_linux

nice Mr. necturus thank you for your purchase I believe that the 3ds max animation splitter will help you as much as it helped me.
    Any thing you need just post here or PM

Best of luck

16. mr_Necturus

mr_Necturus

I am sure it will help.
    Sometimes I am making mistakes splitting animations for my characters.
    It is really pain even for 40 animations :)

17. fano_linux

fano_linux

haha i know what it is man... i have a character with more than 110 animations, think all the pain i've passed without this tool... hahah

Thank you again

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  18. fano_linux

fano_linux

Debug your animations, auto-split your motion-mixer animation from max to unity.
    This tool can be very handy, don't miss it.

19. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi guys, i have one questions, do you guys have suggestions to make it a better tool?
    if so please drop a line.

Thank you

20. fano_linux

fano_linux

21. fano_linux

fano_linux

22. fano_linux

fano_linux

:) bump again

23. fano_linux

fano_linux

24. fano_linux

fano_linux

25. imtrobin

imtrobin

Hi I bought from your online store, can u send update please.

26. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi there, witch update are you talking about?

27. Grespon

Grespon

Hi,
    I still didn't use Mecanim, so I would like to ask: Is there any advantages when using this tool with Mecanim ?

28. fano_linux

fano_linux

I beleave you can see at the same time all of the animations that are running and all of the information about those animations in realtime. Even with mecanim.

29. imtrobin

imtrobin

The Animation Inspector tool, it is 1.1 but my version is 1.0 when I bought from your online store.

30. fano_linux

fano_linux

ohh I see... Please do a simple test:

If all of this options are available on your version you should be good to go. I beleave the 1.1 "name" is just for Asset store, but the online store should be updated. If not your case please let me know.

Thank you

31. imtrobin

imtrobin

actually I can't even import it to U4. It has error

Assets/Motiontracks/Editor/AnimationImporter.cs(26,27): error CS0619: `UnityEditor.ModelImporter.splitAnimations' is obsolete: `splitAnimations has been deprecated please use clipAnimations instead.'

I got it when it first came out, so that was a pretty old version. Can you send updates to those who bought through your store.

32. ZJP

ZJP

Hi Fano,

Nice tools. Now, suppose i've a model with animations (your's for example) and i need to add some animations from an another model. What do you think about this extention? Ready to buy a tool like this one for 40-50$.

JP

33. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have problems. This error unity shows is a obsolete functionality, because i've developed the tool at unity 3.5.x. I'll send to you the file to correct this by private. If you want to check it before i send it to you, just comment the line 26 of the AnimationImporter.cs

34. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi JP, thanks for passing by. Well to be honnest i was thinking of this kind of too today, can you beleave it? :) Please explain your real need of this tool, and we can mix ideas.

Thank you

35. ZJP

ZJP

I have some nice models with their animations. These animation need to be split (that what your tool is fine) but, i would to add to these model other animations from another models. Problem is, the retargetting. BTW, i don't use Mecanim.

36. fano_linux

fano_linux

I see, jeez, that's a problem. Retargeting is not that simple, but i'll think about it.

37. tanohmz

tanohmz

Hi Fano,

I'm interested in 3ds max Animation Auto Splitter , but I can't access to your website.
    http://motiontracks.org

38. yung

yung

Hiya, I really like this animation inspector. Any chance of a working Maya or Blender version of the auto splitter?
    Does it work with legacy animation system? or just mecanim?

Keep up the good work!

39. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi there, the website is down for maintenance it will be back soon. But you can buy the tool from assetstore https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/4811

The first version was for legacy system. Now it works only with mecanim, but if you hide 3 or 4 lines of code it will work with legacy animation :).
    About Maya and Blender, I have to take a look at those softwares to see how they work, but i beleave it's possible.

Thank you all

40. imtrobin

imtrobin

I think 4.2 broke something. Macros is not found in ClearLog

Assembly assembly = Assembly.GetAssembly(typeof(Macros));

41. fano_linux

fano_linux

hmm that's strange, i have to take a look at it. But you can hide the ClearLog method at the code, it's just to clear old messages.

"sometimes unity make changes that makes me wanna cry haha".

42. Ging2020

Ging2020

today ,i buy Animation Inspector,when i import it into unity 4.2,there are three error,

Assets/Motiontracks/Editor/Motiontracks.cs(32,57): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Macros' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/Motiontracks/Editor/Motiontracks.cs(32,38): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `System.Reflection.Assembly.GetAssembly(System.Type)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Motiontracks/Editor/Motiontracks.cs(32,38): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `System.Type'

$er90.jpg

Please modify or provide a solution as soon as possible.

Also, you can offer you in this topic that demo source code for this (that is climbing barbed wire that video)

43. fano_linux

fano_linux

Hi there, I'm fixing the scripts today, you can update it from assetstore. About the demo, i guess not. The Animation Inspector + Animation Splitter it's only U$ 2,00, to include the demo price would need to change.

Thank you

"Already fixed, waiting assetstore aproval"

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  44. im

im

why wait for approval give people the fix

sadly the author didn't even bother to test it before he published it :(

dude wake up!

show more respect for your customers. you are screwing your customers who paid you their hard earned money for this sh*t.

its been how many days since you released it broken

and you still have not fixed it!

someone should complain to Unity Asset Store manager about you!

so much for caring about your customers. here is easy fix that i did. one f*n word needs to be changed. even after all these days you still have not had the time or ability or the interest, desire to make it...

here read 3+ year old solution to problem!

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/10580/editor-script-how-to-clear-the-console-output-wind.html

other than that love the software :)

so watch the video and enjoy, you look stressed out ;)

Fallin' hare, Bugs Bunny know a Gremlin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xqrdtJs8w

and remember testing is not an option!

oh allow me to introduce myself

Operation: Rabbit
    http://www.firecold.com/videos/classic-toon-operation-rabbit

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  45. BEIEIA

BEIEIA

Bee cool man :)

46. fano_linux

fano_linux

I see your point. But if you take a look at my last last post: "hmm that's strange, i have to take a look at it. But you can hide the ClearLog method at the code, it's just to clear old messages.". The i've provided the solution before. I published the fix and if you don't want to wait, just do as I said.

You say I don't test it before delivering it?
    Have you noticed that i've created the pack in unity 3.5, and every update I've fixed the problems I see or you guys tell me about. Just because you get unity 4.2 witch is the version that has no macros anymore, it doesn't mean i have to get it the same time you have. Now if I had no respect for my costumers, I would never listen to the problems and let you guys lost in the jungle.

Just do it at: Motiontracks.cs line 30
    Code (csharp):
    2.     static void ClearLog()
    3.     {
    4.         /*Assembly assembly = Assembly.GetAssembly(typeof(Macros));
    5.         Type type = assembly.GetType("UnityEditorInternal.LogEntries");
    6.         MethodInfo method = type.GetMethod("Clear");
    7.         method.Invoke(new object(), null);*/
    8.     }
    Just relax, i'm doding my best while I can. "Be cool man :)"

Thank you all

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  47. fano_linux

fano_linux

You are absolutely right, the tool was fully tested on unity 4.1, not 4.2. Since after the 4.2 release i didn't updated. So now that i've updated I have tested and fixed the problem.

But thank you

48. im

im

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  49. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

@Fano_Linux,

Please consider increase your price to $10 and $4 !! Your price is too cheap!

50. im

im

please help,

did the asset get removed from the unity asset store

it no longer is showing up and when i click on the links it gives me page does not exist!

thanks in advance