We're pleased to anounce the release of our Concave Collider component.
The Concave Collider is a component for Unity that enables complex and accurate collisions.
In Unity mesh to mesh collisions only work if at least one of the meshes is convex. The Concave Collider helps overcoming this limitation by providing a way to automatically compute a set of colliders that can fit any shape; convex or not. And with just one click!
The Concave Collider also includes 5 sample scenes with 3D models and different use case scenarios:
- Scene 1: A spaceship comparing the standard collider vs the concave collider
- Scene 2: An axe model comparing the standard collider vs the concave collider
- Scene 3: Various gun models comparing the standard collider vs the concave collider
- Scene 4: A physics scene where spheres fall into two buckets, one using the concave collider and the other one using the standard collider.
- Scene 5: A physics scene with interconnected rings, also comparing colliders.
- Unity3D Pro 3.5 or higher and Windows or Mac. Products shipped will work on any platform.
- Scenes have been created using Unity 3.5.5f3.
Here's the component in action. All scenes are included in the package:
And here are some screenshots. All content is included in the package:
Available at the Asset Store: link