Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera/Character Movement (MMORPG/WoW Like)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Menog, Oct 9, 2012.

1. IntegraC

IntegraC

Got this going, but it's only sitting on idle as the animation. Any suggestion on how to have the animations play when the status changes? And yes my model has animations.

2. junctionboss

junctionboss

HI,

THe 'fix' for camera clipping, .001 near plane still doesn't stop camera from clipping through narrow tunnels, was there a fix for this and I missed in in this long thread, if not any ideas ?

thx
    jb

3. Menog

Menog

I have no narrow tunnels in my maps, so i never run in this problem
    do you have a sample map for me to test it ?

4. Dolmek

Dolmek

This script is so perfect, is what i was trying to do for so long, but how can I add animation from FBX object? and I have a problem with the object I imported that why I try the script the Character is rotaret 90° on the left while in the scene the camera was set on the back of the sharacter.

5. Silonidas

Silonidas

unfortunatley the download is not working, maybe the server is down ?

6. LegionGamers

LegionGamers

when using this code my mouse rotates like a motherfucker around my player,(as in hes the center and I can go 360 around him.) W and S are controlling A and D and vise versa.

7. jjsmithcs1

jjsmithcs1

Hi I started Using your Code to get my small Classic Style RPG going and i have to say, you were and amazing help and I got through the testing phase of my project without a problem.

Though I do have a problem that I'm having a little trouble fixing. As of right now the character will enter a fall animation if the character is not grounded. the problem is, as the player walks down a slope that controller leaves the ground for a short period making the character enter the fall animation.

Is this a problem that your have encountered, or has anyone brought this up to you? If so do you have any solutions to this problem or any different approach to how I might tackle that fall animation? As of right now I have the animation triggering if the player is not grounded.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (!grounded) { animator.SetBool("IsFalling", true); }

8. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Please don't necro-post. If you have a problem, start your own post... it's FREE!

When you post, here is how to report your problem productively in the Unity3D forums:

http://plbm.com/?p=220

This is the bare minimum of information to report:

- what you want
    - what you tried
    - what you expected to happen
    - what actually happened, log output, variable values, and especially any errors you see
    - links to documentation you used to cross-check your work (CRITICAL!!!)

Beyond that, Camera stuff is pretty tricky... you may wish to consider using Cinemachine from the Unity Package Manager.

There's even a dedicated forum: https://forum.unity.com/forums/cinemachine.136/