Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HOUnityEditor, a collection of libraries for UnityEditor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Demigiant, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Demigiant

Demigiant

Hello,

HOUnityEditor is a collection of utility assemblies that allow better/easier creation and management of Unity's Editor panels and windows. I started it a short while ago, inspired by MaDDoX's smart re-coding of HOTween's Visual Editor, and since I'm loving the way my panel-coding changed with it, I thought I might share it.

It is still in alpha stage, and as of now is mainly focused on additional and alternative ways to draw and layout GUI panels/windows, manage undos, drag&drop of elements, and some other utils. I will add more stuff while I go on.

EDIT
    HOUnityEditor was now merged into HOUnityLibs (a collection of some of the global libraries I use).
    You can find more infos on it's Google Code page.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. Demigiant

Demigiant

Change: HOUnityEditor was now merged into HOUnityLibs (a collection of some of the global libraries I use).

3. Demigiant

Demigiant

In case someone's interested, I added an easy method to add custom icons in a custom EditorWindow title :) See HOPanelUtils.SetWindowTitle.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  4. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Sounds great Daniele :) Still looking forward to check this out, now that all Rage products upgrades are going live it seems I'll get the chance. Thanks for the mention!

5. Demigiant

Demigiant

Yey, great news! :) I'm having a great time with Unity panels now, thanks to the methods you inspired (and I'm especially happy with the latest "set window title icon" thingie, which I was badly missing)

6. hima

hima

I'm thinking about writing a Unity editor extension so this should come in handy! Thanks for all the cool gifts to the Unity community, Izitmee! :)

7. Demigiant

Demigiant

Hey Hima! :) Since the documentation is sparse for now (though everything is duly commented) if you need any additional info just let me know. For the layout methods you can also check the new HOTween Visual Editor, which uses them a lot.