Search Unity

Mac OSX Crash on Standalone Startup

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Tryder, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Tryder

Tryder

Hello, I have a standalone game, Sovereign, available for win/mac that was built with the latest version of Unity. One person has contacted me stating that the game closes itself out as soon as it starts up on his system. My game is posted on Indiedb.com and so far I've had only two contact me with issues of the game crashing during startup and they both use OSX, although the two might be the same person as one was over email and the other through indiedb.

The player who contacted me through Indiedb provided the following information regarding his system:

OSX version 10.6.8
    2GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
    2GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB PCI

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not, I'm hoping to help this guy out since he'd like to play my game, but I have no means to test on OSX plus it would seem that the game crashes before it runs any of my code, the Unity free splash screen. You can find the OSX version of my game available for free on indiedb here.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

*Edit* Just noticed this post http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/147780-3.5.5f3-OSX-Mountain-Lion-issues and am wondering if this is the same issue going on here. I'll ask this guy if he upgraded from Snow Leopard and see if he's willing to try the solution posed in that thread.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. Tryder

Tryder

The player with this issue was able to solve this issue and contacted me with the solution. I will copy and paste his message here so anyone with a similar issue will be able to give this solution a try:

"It seems to be a normal unity-mac problem. Right clicking the application> Show Package Contents> Contents> Mac OS> (This file will depend on the game, so yours would be Sovereign)

Open Terminal and type "chmod +x"
    hit space
    Drag your file over to the terminal
    hit Enter

If you did this correctly the file image should have changed and the game should now launch correctly."