Search Unity

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey, problem might be with Photon server (usually its temporary)

What about game modes and other stuff, I was asked about this many time. So I will give you same responce I gave them.
    This is not complete game, but a working example on how is possible to Integrate Photon Cloud with FPS Kit 2.0 (which speed up learning curve)

I will continue answering questions and update FPS Kit 2.0 for new Unity versions

Thanks!

2. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

I understand although you might reconsider because you'll attract a much bigger audience if you add some functionality. Thanks for your quick response :)

3. AsgerR

AsgerR

I must agree with NSdesignGames on this one, because what he offers in this kit is a template that gives you a starting point to make your own game. Would be kinda boring if we all came up with the same game using this kit, right? And also this kit isn't for new programmers so if you aren't you shouldn't have a that hard time programming the game mode system yourself.

4. AlcatrazAlex

AlcatrazAlex

Maby change Photon for Unity Master server? Its better..

5. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

So I have this other problem now. I wanted to change some gunsounds, but I can't find any object where I can just drag and drop sounds onto. I manually placed a file inside the gunsounds folder, renamed my sound to PistolFire and that worked. I wasn't really happy with the sound, so I decided to put the old sound back with the same name and now it's all messed up. There's no sound anymore when I fire the desert eagle. Where in the inspector can I change the sounds, or even better, which script takes care of this because I've been searching and I can't find any script that's responsible for the desert eagle or the sound it produces.

Edit: After a long search I've found it. I clicked on the NetworkPlayer prefab in the project view, and in the inspector a list of weapons is being shown. When I click on Deagle a weaponscript editor appears where I can drag and drop a sound. I've overlooked this everytime because I was confused when I read Guntype: Machinegun when I clicked on it :D

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  6. the_gnoblin

the_gnoblin

hell, no

Unity Master server is in no way better that Photon! :)

7. the_gnoblin

the_gnoblin

Will you consider switching character animation to mecanim?)

That would give you an edge on the market, I think.

8. AlcatrazAlex

AlcatrazAlex

unity master server is free, and unlimited server count, but photon cloud for free have very small count of connections.

9. AlcatrazAlex

AlcatrazAlex

i think need ,ake two types of coonections. master server and photon.

10. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

Another question.

How to change the camera settings on the player? For as far I know a main camera object is being attached to the player when you connect. I'd like to change the far clipping distance and add some image effects but after going through all scripts I just can't find where the main camera is being attached to the networkplayer.

11. augasur

augasur

Hi,

Sorry for quite stupid question, but does this work on mobile (android or ios)? :)

Augustas

12. Acolit

Acolit

I have a question, what about to improving the animations?
    Because they are looking bad...lag, etc.

13. pallinarozza

pallinarozza

A death match mode script will ne great

14. wana7262

wana7262

Can u setup few weapons for me?

15. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey, just to let everybody know. Currently I am working on importing FPS Kit 2.0 into Unity 4
    Next update will probably be submitted this week
    Cheers!

16. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

That sounds great but perhaps you could help me with my problem I'm still trying to figure out how to find the player main camera.

17. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Place player prefab into scene view, and type in Hierarchy search line - Main Camera

18. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

Do you mean the Networkplayer prefab?

19. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Yea, that one

20. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

Thanks a lot that was what I was searching for I never would've figured out I had to put the prefab in the sceneview for the main camera to show up. I was looking in the prefab itself and just couldn't find it. This took me a lot of frustrating hours already.

21. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

Now to my next question. How do I find the skybox component attached to the camera? Currently I have changed the MoonShine material with my own images, which does the job but this is also a thing I just can't figure out.

Edit: I messed something up by adding image effects to the player main camera, the player is now jumping in weird ways. Removing the component didn't help so I'm reverting to a previous state that I luckily saved.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  22. dcemal

dcemal

I have a very weird problem with my fps kit v2.0

When I setup a new room with my own photon cloud app id, the room appears on your webplayer example! Even people can get online and play.

That is really weird, I have changed my app id, but still when I run my game, the rooms on you weblayer appears on my example and when I create a new room it appears on your webplayer too.

What the problem could be? everything looks fine. it is so weird.

Thanks

23. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Open ConnectMenu.cs and search this line (its line 60)
    Code (csharp):
    1.                 PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings("v2.4");
    And change v2.4 to v2.5 for example

24. pallinarozza

pallinarozza

Ndesigngames will you add some game's mode like death match or team deathmatch. It'll be great. Another good implementation maybe'll be choose the gun fire mode (single, burst, auto) and vehicles.

25. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

More people asked that but it seems you can forget that.

26. midorina

midorina

And people also forget that this isn't a complete "game". It's a kit to help users get started with FPS games and networking within Photon.

Learn a bit of coding and implement your own Team Deathmatch game modes and weapon fire modes. It's not -that- hard.

27. the_gnoblin

the_gnoblin

Hello!

I'd like to adjust weapon damage - and I'm not able to find out how to do it.:)

Any hints? Thanks!

28. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

There is 2 value you should tweak, Player Damage hit box value and actual bullet damage.
    To tweak first, find script called PlayerDamage that is attached to NetworkPlayer, and to tweak bullet damage, find prefab called Bullet
    So total damage is (hitbox value + bullet damage)

29. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Hi, I just sent you a private message. Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience.

30. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

FPS Kit 2.0 with Unity 4 support has been approved to Asset Store
    NOTE: Before download new version, make sure you made back up copy of your project
    Cheers!

31. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Great to hear. I was waiting on that announcement. Another message is awaiting you in your in box.

32. DLGScript

DLGScript

how can i get the FPS Controller scripts?

33. TheBorDr

TheBorDr

Hello NSdesign, I have a question. I have a Colt1911 gun model. I want to replace the Deagle with that model but keep the animations, so I don't have to animate every gun and I can re-use animations. My problem is that though the arms animate, the gun does not move with the animations. Is there some obvious way I am missing? Help!

Thanks in advance,
    -TheBorDr

34. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Each gun should be rigged and then animated. And just by replacing gun mesh its impossible to have animation working on new gun same as on original gun mode.

The only way to achive workin result is to parent your gun model to right hand bone (NOTE: animation will look a bit tdifferent, such as clip will not fall etc.)

35. TheBorDr

TheBorDr

Thanks! I added quite a few weapons with your help. They don't look very bad, and this has saved me hours of time I would have used rigging and animating.

36. salad__fingers

salad__fingers

How do you make it to where you spawn with certain weapons, not all of them?

37. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

In player prefab, find object called WeaponManager, and you will see there script called WeaponManager, the list of weapons is what control it

38. salad__fingers

salad__fingers

I did this, and deleted all of them besides ballistic knife, but when I spawned, he had no weapon

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now... You have to adjust it in the weapon manager parameters

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  39. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

But did you resized List length to 1 ?

Edit: ok, glad you fixed it alone

40. salad__fingers

salad__fingers

I put a model over the third person character, how come I can see it in first person?

41. dreadt9

dreadt9

I have 2 problems:
    1. Weapons sometimes wont aim
    2. The Networked soldiers (other players) Walk, run and etc animations dont work...

Please help!

42. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Make sure your project contain tag called - Remote

43. dreadt9

dreadt9

It doesnt, What needs to be tagged as remote?
    Also, any other specific tags I need?

44. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

No, dont need to tag nothing, just add Remote into tag list

45. dreadt9

dreadt9

No as in, Same of the things with the blank tags I have changed,
    So what needs to be tagged as Remote??? The soldier and everything inside?
    Please just specify because nothing is changing

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  46. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Blank tags? I think package wasn´t imported correctly. Try to create new project, and download latest version of FPS Kit 2.0 and import there (If you work with Unity 4)

Also as I said just add tag Remote into tag list, No need to tag nothing, all necessary objects (That require this tag) will be tagged automatically at runtime

Also check if there is any errors in console

47. dreadt9

dreadt9

Its not automatically tagging, I can do it manually also and would not prefer to make a new project as Ive already done alot to it currently...
    Can you please just tell me what needs to be tagged? Thanks

48. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Have you made some changes in package alredy? If so, I am not responsible for modified version of Kit and cant really solve the problem since I dont know which changes were made and dont have acces to project

I suggested you to create new package and import FPS Kit 2.0 to see what tags are used and copy them to your project

49. dreadt9

dreadt9

50. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

How to hide the playername and health when an enemy isn't visible?

I made a GameObject variable in the drawplayername script and called it 'enemyplayer' and changed this line in the drawplayername script.

if(screenPos.z >0 enemyplayer.renderer.isVisible)

Next I dragged the networkplayer prefab onto this variable.

I also attached a mesh renderer to the networkplayer prefab but I noticed this isn't working like I want it to. Most of the time the name is drawn even when the player isn't visible. Turning off casting/receiving of shadows also isn't the solution. I hope you can help me with this.