Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

Just have to say the multiplayer demo is the most fun I have had in a while especially with a few people in there!

Just had to buy the framework and I'm really looking forward to the MP functionality!

Thanks,

-Boom!

2. midorina

midorina

Actually this problem still persists. If you have the same weapon out as someone else and that someone else hit another player. All players with the same gun apparently hits.

3. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Thats the bug that was fixed, I guess you played older version

4. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Multiplayer Test v2.0 Web Player preview (Link at front post)
    - Fixed player name position
    - Small bug fixes

Documentation is almost finished, I will submit package today or tomorrow
    - Cheers!

5. midorina

midorina

Actually I played this on 1.9 and the bug was still there.

6. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Version - 1.2 has been submitted to Asset Store, its current status pending review

7. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

You mean 2.1? lol :)

-Boom!

8. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Nope, Version is 1.2 (Its Unity Asset Store package version), but package name is "FPS Kit | Version 2.0"

9. djary

djary

plz add diveing and buy menu like cs

10. midorina

midorina

You can't dive in Counter Strike, do you mean swimming?

11. djary

djary

diveing like cod ops and buy menu like cs

12. absolutebreeze

absolutebreeze

Does anyone know if Unity approve over the weekends? I'm so looking forward to 1.2 update.

13. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Well current status still "Pending Review"
    I hope it will be approved till this weekend
    From my experience, larger packages take them more time to review

14. djary

djary

Can you make the healthy players like to play Call of Duty?

15. Nomad5oul

Nomad5oul

@NSdesignGames

Please can you confirm which features are going into v1.2 ?

How easy is it to swap out the included weapons with custom ones?
    How easy is it to swap out the included player models with custom ones?
    Is the photon configuration all setup out of the box or does this need to be done manually?
    Is it possible to customize the lobby and network interfaces?
    Are there any plans to make this package compatible with mobile?

Thanks

16. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey everybody, Unity Asset Store delayed review a bit,so new version will be released after the end of this weekend.
    Since I got some time, decided add new example script, is killing report, like Player1 killed Player2 at the top right corner of screen.
    Also many users reported a bug when bullets are not shooting directly to crosshair, this bug is fixed now.
    After reviewing codes a bit I found many spelling mistakes in comments, fixed them too (Not sure if I fixed all of them, but the biggest part)
    So expect this version be released in upcoming week

P.S. Current Web Player version is available (Find link at front post)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  17. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Making weapon replacement with your own is relatively easy, take a look at the tutorials at the front page.
    Same for player model, you just need to replace example model with your own and assign all needed variables. (Multiplayer character from package is good example)
    What about Multiplayer part like Lobby and pause menu, those are example script of how is possible to use Photon Cloud with FPS Kit 2.0. (In package you will find Photon documentation and simple explanation on how FPS Kit 2.0 was integrated with Photon Cloud)
    To make custom menu/lobby, you need to have medim programming knowledge (C# works better with Photon).
    The main mission of Multiplayer part is to show how Photon Cloud works with FPS Kit 2.0

What about mobile support, I´ll take a look on what is possible to do.
    Thanks!

P.S. See Update Log at front post to find information you need

Also wanted to say, multiplayer is pretty complex field in terms of programming, but having working example always speed up learning curve.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  18. midorina

midorina

Is it possible to have preset lobbys instead of the player creating one?

19. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Having different layout require new code, or modification of current example.
    But its possible to achieve different look by replacing example GUISkin with your own

20. midorina

midorina

I don't want a different look.

I was asking if it was possible to have preset "rooms" instead of the player creating them.

21. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Version 1.2c - Multiplayer has been approved to asset store, see changes in Update Log (at front post)
    - Cheers!

22. d10sfan

d10sfan

Are you planning on supporting LAN?

23. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey, I think it's already possible by using Photon server SDK, it's a application which you run on server machine or PC to have full control over Host/Server type

Check http://cloud.exitgames.com/ for more information

24. d10sfan

d10sfan

Looks that way if you download and install their Photon Server. Would be a problem if you were trying a normal LAN-type setup, where someone hosts the server with their game, and then the rest connects to it, which could be done with the photon server, but it'd require them to install an extra program.

Thanks for the quick response by the way.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  25. midorina

midorina

Could we get a quick tutorial on how to change the network player model and animations?

Thanks

EDIT: Also, even though the bullet prefab "damage" variable is set to 0 I can still damage other players. What is controlling this? Like I said, the bullet prefab is set to 0. How do I controll different "damages" for each weapon?

Cheers,

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  26. Mihai93

Mihai93

Man i dont understand for make the kit online what i need to do because i dont understand anithing can you make a video tut is more easy please

27. Mihai93

Mihai93

All time i play My game run your server why what i eed to modify sorry but im new to unity please same one help me

28. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Package contain PDF file called "FPS Kit 2.0 + Photon Cloud", open it and check second step, there is explained that you need to register in Photon Cloud website and copy your personal ID number then paste it inside Unity Photon pannel which can be found
    at Window Tab -> Photon Unity Networking

What do you mean my server? I think Photon configuration wasnt exported with package. Also I suggest you to learn Unity interface and programming logic first before starting doing more complex things, Try to "Google" some tutorials, also Unity website have good documentation too

29. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey, I am working on that tutorial right now.
    What about bullet damage, NetworkPlayer prefab have attached script called Player Damage, it have list named "Hit Boxes". If you expand it you will see each element have 2 variables Box and Damage - its a min damage value that each box could receive). And total damage is (Bullet Damage + Box Damage). So for example if all hit boxes have damage value 20 and Bullet damage value is 20, total damage will be 40 per each box.

30. Mihai93

Mihai93

no man i know unity interface etc. but i dont understand how exemple make it run with photon cloud what are the pass to do register to http://cloud.exitgames.com/ and after??

31. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Go to "My Photon" pannel (Top right corner) and choose "Applications". Then if there is no created applications, create one and use it ID number

32. Mihai93

Mihai93

So i need to use into unity a code like this? 910f9c80-ed2a-4573-a499-9b3XXXXX and is all?

33. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Why dont you read my previous answers? Go to Window Tab -> Photon Unity Networking , Click Setup, Paste your ID, Save

34. Mihai93

Mihai93

a cool so this is all wow is realy easy

35. midorina

midorina

Ah, thank you very much. This helped me a lot.

36. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Added New tutorial - Setup 3rd Person Character for Multiplayer (Find it at front post)
    It explain how to:
    - Replace example character with your own;
    - Setup third person weapon;
    - Setup hitboxes.

I hurried up with this tutorial, so there could be some spelling mistakes

- Cheers!

37. midorina

midorina

Please add support for "aiming down sight animation" in CharacterAnimation.js and "point light" for the muzzleflash in WeaponSync.cs and make sure it syncs up in multiplayer.

Thanks,

38. HyeMyNameIs

HyeMyNameIs

This looks great.

39. LtKelleyUSMC

LtKelleyUSMC

===================== SOLVED ==========================
    Well, Let's just say that My Unity3D IDE finally showed my the Window->Photon Unity Networking dropdown...
    I am not sure why my UNITY version: 3.5.6.f4 would not open up my PUN.
    I had to shutdown Unity, then reload everything, and it finally showed up... GEEZZ
    but now it seems to be working...
    FINALLY...
    Now, on to my other set of problems...
    ===================== PROBLEM =========================
    Hey there,
    [Thanks in advance for any information that you guys can provide.]
    I recently purchased the FPSkit 2.0, and have resulted in TONS of errors, when pressing the PLAY button in Unity.
    Your documentation says that I have to enter my personal ID for Photon in the Unity3D Photon Cloud panel, but I have not found the
    Unity3D Photon Cloud panel, in Unity. Something tells me that I should have moved a .dll into my assets folder, or something like that, but I have not found any documentation for this, as of yet.

The following are the errors I am running into...
    (In the console:)
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, shouldGiveDebuggerChanceToAttach: 0
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono path[1] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[2] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityScript'
    Using monoOptions --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,embedding=1,defer=y
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 8.17.13.142]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 978 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 DF24=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
    IsTimeToCheckForNewEditor: Update time 1351715842 current 1351718553
    LicenseInfo:InitializeProtection
    open PACE from our own executable
    opened PACE, get info...
    checked authorization, authstate=100 r=0
    ReadDeveloperData
    ReadTokens
    C:/UNITY3D/FPSkitGame01
    Initialize engine version: 3.5.6f4
    Loading GUID <-> Path mappings ... 0.007628 seconds.
    Loading Asset Database ... 0.015638 seconds
    AssetDatabase consistency checks ... 0.101109 seconds
    Unloading 23 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading -1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 50. Operation took 13.789525 ms.
    System memory in use: 3.4 MB.
    Registering custom dll's ... 0.016726 seconds.
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\Mono.Cecil.dll (this message is harmless)
    Mono: successfully reloaded assembly
    - Completed reload, in 0.309 seconds
    - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll, for buildtarget 5
    - starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-UnityScript.dll, for buildtarget 5

-----Compiler Commandline Arguments:

Filename: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\bin\mono.exe"

Arguments: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\lib/mono/unity\smcs.exe" @Temp/UnityTempFile-10c47033b21876544970188af5e22bb7

MONO_PATH: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\lib\mono\unity

MONO_CFG_DIR: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono\etc

index: 74

Responsefile: Temp/UnityTempFile-10c47033b21876544970188af5e22bb7 Contents:

-debug

-target:library

-nowarn:0169

-out:Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll

-r:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll"

-r:"C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed/UnityEditor.dll"

-define:UNITY_3_5_6

-define:UNITY_3_5

-define:UNITY_EDITOR

-define:ENABLE_PROFILER

-define:UNITY_STANDALONE_WIN

-define:ENABLE_GENERICS

-define:ENABLE_DUCK_TYPING

-define:ENABLE_TERRAIN

-define:ENABLE_MOVIES

-define:ENABLE_WEBCAM

-define:ENABLE_MICROPHONE

-define:ENABLE_NETWORK

-define:ENABLE_CLOTH

-define:ENABLE_WWW

-define:ENABLE_SUBSTANCE

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/3D Models/WeaponPack I/Scripts/WeaponController.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/3D Models/WeaponPack I/Scripts/WeaponSwitcher.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/3D Models/WeaponPack II/Scripts/Controller.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/3D Models/WeaponPack II/Scripts/Rocket.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/3D Models/WeaponPack II/Scripts/Switcher.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/Detonator.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorBurstEmitter.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorCloudRing.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorFireball.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorForce.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorGlow.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorHeatwave.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorLight.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorShockwave.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorSmoke.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorSound.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorSparks.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorSpray.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetSimSettingsGui.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonStatsGui.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/RoomInfo.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/ServerSettings.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/AnimationSync.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/ConnectMenu.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/HitBox.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/MultiplayerChat.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerDamage.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerLocationSync.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/WeaponSync.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/WhoKilledWho.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Other C#/DrawPlayerName.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Other C#/FramesPerSecond.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Other C#/HeadLookController.cs"

"Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Other C#/RagdollController.cs"

-----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll

Compilation failed: 13 error(s), 0 warnings

-----CompilerOutput:-stderr----------

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs(14,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs(15,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetSimSettingsGui.cs(1,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetSimSettingsGui.cs(2,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonStatsGui.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/AnimationSync.cs(10,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/ConnectMenu.cs(10,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/MultiplayerChat.cs(5,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerDamage.cs(10,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerLocationSync.cs(12,35): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(8,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/WeaponSync.cs(14,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/WhoKilledWho.cs(11,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

-----EndCompilerOutput---------------

- Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp.dll
    Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs(14,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs Line: 14)

Error: Analytics Event: 5(Compiler*error CS0246*The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(1): skipped because it was sent more than once in 0.10 seconds
    Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs(15,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/LoadbalancingPeer.cs Line: 15)

Error: Analytics Event: 5(Compiler*error CS0246*The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(1): skipped because it was sent more than once in 0.10 seconds
    Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetSimSettingsGui.cs(1,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetSimSettingsGui.cs Line: 1)

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetSimSettingsGui.cs(2,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetSimSettingsGui.cs Line: 2)

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonStatsGui.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ExitGames' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonStatsGui.cs Line: 5)

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/AnimationSync.cs(10,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/AnimationSync.cs Line: 10)

Error: Analytics Event: 5(Compiler*error CS0246*The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(1): skipped because it was sent more than once in 0.10 seconds
    Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/ConnectMenu.cs(10,28): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/ConnectMenu.cs Line: 10)

Error: Analytics Event: 5(Compiler*error CS0246*The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)(1): skipped because it was sent more than once in 0.10 seconds
    Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/MultiplayerChat.cs(5,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/MultiplayerChat.cs Line: 5)

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerDamage.cs(10,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerDamage.cs Line: 10)

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerLocationSync.cs(12,35): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerLocationSync.cs Line: 12)

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(8,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs Line: 8)

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/WeaponSync.cs(14,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/WeaponSync.cs Line: 14)

Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/WhoKilledWho.cs(11,29): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `Photon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

(Filename: Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/WhoKilledWho.cs Line: 11)

- Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-UnityScript.dll
    Validating Project structure ... 0.016516 seconds.
    Refresh, detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... 0.015032 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Unloading 70 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 2 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 3227. Operation took 27.662247 ms.
    System memory in use: 5.8 MB.
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

EditorUpdateCheck: Response {updateinterval: '3600'} updateurl = interval = 3600
    Refresh, detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... 0.017948 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Error: Analytics tracking has been disabled because too many server communication errors have occurred
    Refresh, detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... 0.015253 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Refresh, detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... 0.014160 seconds (Nothing changed)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  40. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

@LtKelleyUSMC
    Hey, thanks for purchasing FPS Kit 2.0
    What about errors - wow that one huge list, which means something wrong with Unity or Project you imported to.
    I suggest you create new empty Project and import FPS Kit 2.0 there and see if it works
    Thanks!

P.S. Usually when you import this package, Photon automatically create folder called "Photon Unity Networking" (and place it in root of project) which contain PhotonServerSetting.dll - it handle your ID and connection to server

EDIT: Also here screenshot showing where you can find Photon Pannel
    http://vvcap.net/db/t7T7RLM1l497qRralItF.htp

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  41. midorina

midorina

I think you may need to review your "how to change third person model" tutorial. There seems to be a problem, when my First Person Player crouches, it plays crouch animation for all Third Person Players in the room. Same with the walk, if MY character walks or jumps, it will play the walk and jump animations for OTHER players, not my third person player.

I have followed everything twice and seem to have everything in order.

42. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey, Just updated tutorial with 1 missed step. Check Step 8

43. Alcatraz

Alcatraz

Hi! I purchase your system now. but i not yse Photon Server now. Please help. I open demo multiplayer scene and launch. And have a lot of errors in log. and need launch some server?

Log:
    1) Authentication failed: 'Invalid authentication' Code: 32767
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:127)
    NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:709)
    NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:755)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:65)

2) The appId this client sent is unknown on the server (Cloud). Check settings. If using the Cloud, check account.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PhotonHandler:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:127)
    NetworkingPeer:DebugReturn(DebugLevel, String) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:709)
    NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:763)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
    PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:65)

3) NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RoomMultiplayerMenu.OnDisconnectedFromPhoton () (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs:250)
    UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    NetworkingPeer:SendMonoMessage(PhotonNetworkingMessage, Object[]) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1421)
    NetworkingPeer:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1050)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:Disconnected()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.NConnect:<Run>b__1()

Please help! Thanks in advance!

44. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

@Alcatraz
    Hey, you need to setup Photon cloud ID and paste it into Phootn Unity Networking pannel
    Package contain documentation called "FPS Kit 2.0 + Photon Cloud" it explain where you need to register to got your personal ID
    Then navigate in Unity WIndow Tab -> Photon Unity Networking and paste your ID there

Here is screenshot showing Window Tab localization
    http://vvcap.net/db/t7T7RLM1l497qRralItF.htp

45. Alcatraz

Alcatraz

Thanks alot, working! You are the best! :D

46. midorina

midorina

Thanks,

But why does everytime I load up two instances of the game one of my instances' crosshairs is bugged? The other instance is fine in terms of crosshairs. Can you look into this?

47. Alcatraz

Alcatraz

All very well, but the Photon Cloud has 20 connections, and you have to pay each year a large amount of money, that would be 500 or 1000 for CPU, but the usual Photon can buy a license with an unlimited number of connections and no annual payment. Can you make a version of multiplayer on a regular photon or a not photon, but that would have been a normal multiplayer and put it to other package and show in assets store. I will purchase it.

48. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Could you give better explanation, cant really understand how crosshair is bugged

49. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Photon offer indie plan with cheaper prices, just switch plan type on their website when see prices.
    Also thing you talking about with free unlimited license called server SDK, its application that allow you doing your own host.
    FPS Kit 2.0 is alredy compatible with it. But you might not know, to have your own host, you need to pay for cloud server anyway.
    So there is no way to have free hosting unless you do it on your own pc. Also you dont need to start from 1000 CCU, you can start from 100 which cost 9$ per month

50. Alcatraz

Alcatraz

Now i have money to purchase photon server for 99 $ (Indie unlimited). Please, ask me, how to set up photon server SDK in your system.

P.S: Photon SDK have 100 CPU, but Photon Cloud, only 20 CPU. (For free)