Search Unity

Blender like Camera Orientation Shortcuts

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by SarperS, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SarperS

SarperS

I'm trying to come up with an editor script that will let me change the scene view camera orientation with keypad keys (7 for top, 1 for front and 3 for right views) just like in Blender.

I'm able to get the right camera and get the correct keyboard events, but when I change the rotation of the scene view camera, nothing happens.

Is there a way to do this or better yet a class to access the top right gizmo in the scene view that we use to manipulate the camera orientation and render mode(perspective/orthographic)

Below is my code so far.

Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEditor;
    4. [CustomEditor(typeof(Transform))]
    5. public class BlenderCamControl : Editor {
    6.     public void OnSceneGUI() {
    7.         //TODO If no transform selected, select first transform in hierarchy
    9.         Event keyboardEvent = Event.current;
    11.         if(keyboardEvent.isKey) {
    12.             switch(keyboardEvent.keyCode) {
    13.                 case KeyCode.Keypad1:
    14.                     Debug.Log(Camera.current.transform.eulerAngles);
    15.                     Camera.current.transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(new Vector3(0f, 180f, 0f));
    16.                     break;
    18.                 case KeyCode.Keypad3:
    19.                     Camera.current.transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(new Vector3(0f, 270f, 0f));
    20.                     break;
    22.                 case KeyCode.Keypad7:
    23.                     Camera.current.transform.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(new Vector3(90f, 0f, 0f));
    24.                     break;
    25.             }
    26.         }
    27.     }
    28. }

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. SarperS

SarperS

Solved it, as it turns out there was a class named SceneView in UnityEditor namespace and it's not documented. I had to change SceneView.lasActiveSceneView.camera and it works.

3. halley

halley

Sorry for dredging up such an old thread, but I found your script on the Unify wiki. Have you figured out a way to make this work even when no object is selected in the Scene?

4. SarperS

SarperS

Hey, well I actually never even finished the script, someone else did it picking up where I left off. So it would be better to contact him I guess as I didn't work on it since then.