Search Unity

MonoDeveoper - Auto complete/suggestions

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Briksins, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Briksins

Briksins

Hello everyone, I have a question about MonoDeveloper and it settings.

I am as new to unity still doesn't know all the methods and possible options available to each class, and it would be super if i could set my MonoDeveloper settings to hint me with it, or at least auto suggest insertion which i can qucly select what significantly reduce codding time and misspellings.

Here is example:

lets say we have some method for collision detection

Code (csharp):
    2. function OnTriggerEnter (obj : Collider)  {
    3.      print ("Collision detected with: " + obj.transform.name);
    4. }
    the main point here is obj.transform.name. as i mention im new to unity and doesn't know yet all methods in defined classes
    so is there a way to setup MonoDeveloper to prompt e with a hints when i am typing?

for example i type obj. and MonoDeveloper understand that variable obj is type of class Collider
    it should go to class and prompt me with it available methods in that class, where one of them would be transform
    once i choose transform. it should look up in transform available methods and prompt me with it available methods where name would be one of them

however I have so far this:

and this

Can i change anything in settings or something else (like import some script with additional settings) to make it working for me as i need it? or there is no way and ill have to always got to scripting references until i learn all the available methods in at least most popular classes?

Best Regards

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. soulburner

soulburner

3. Briksins

Briksins

Thank you for the answer, im surprised it wasn't done before, im sure im not the only one who spot this problem, spatially if you are new to unity.

I did install UnityDeveloper but it is still not prompting everything

however it is already better

but it still in the beta, no even proper installer, so i will give it a chance!

Спасибо за инфу :)