Search Unity

GUILayout.BeginScrollView's scroll bar does not go down automatically.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by leegod, Sep 14, 2012.

1. leegod

leegod

why? and how can I move scrollbar to the bottom (to show most recent message) automatically when new message posted and scroll bar generated?

Thanks.

2. avidesk

avidesk

You need to modify the scrollPosition variable. It is a Vector2. I don't know what your code looks like, but I am assuming that you are adding a new label to your list of messages. When you get a new message you would add the height of that label to the 'y' property of the scrollPosition variable. You only want to call this when you get a message. If you have it called on Update, it will continue to repeat and make the ScrollView unusable.

Code (csharp):
    2. void NewMessageReceived()
    3. {
    4. scrollPosition = new Vector2(scrollPosition.x, scrollPosition.y + messageLabelHeight);
    5. }

3. leegod

leegod

@avidesk Thanks for reply. Yes I am using vector2.zero and label for list of messages. It was in the unity official reference. But I remember, when I use this method in unityscript, it automatically scroll to down when new message generated, but I now writing in C#, it doesn't.

4. leegod

leegod

anyway, your method solved problem. I added one line in OnGUI.

for(int a = 0; a<entries.Count; a++){
    GUILayout.Label(entries[a]);
    NewMessageReceived();
    }

This can automatically catch what multiple line of messages generated, and adjust scrollbar down to it.