Unity Community

1. Location
    Cincinnati, OH

Just want to Thank you Unity.

I'm honestly completely blown away. As someone who has dreamed of creating video games since I was a pre-teen walking around with my graph paper creating pixel graphics and grand ideas, I sadly never took to it as a career goal. was a born salesman and entrepreneur. I've been self employed over 10 years in entertainment and sports.

I've recently picked up a copy of Unity Game Development Essentials and am half way through the island building and while learning to use Unity I have been going through the Unity Asset store while reading through topics on the forum. I just read the Union section where Unity helps distribute finished Unity games to mass market and at only an 80/20 split, that's wildly impressive.

I just wanted to say, Thank you Unity. Because of your amazing Engine, ease of learning curve and vast power of the system, not to mention the collaborative efforts and support of such a great community, I may just achieve my life long dream of creating games. If all goes well over the next year or two, I may even establish my own Game Dev Studio and I will have Unity to thank.

Sincerely,
    EC

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricCrow View Post
    I'm honestly completely blown away. As someone who has dreamed of creating video games since I was a pre-teen walking around with my graph paper creating pixel graphics and grand ideas, I sadly never took to it as a career goal. was a born salesman and entrepreneur. I've been self employed over 10 years in entertainment and sports.

I've recently picked up a copy of Unity Game Development Essentials and am half way through the island building and while learning to use Unity I have been going through the Unity Asset store while reading through topics on the forum. I just read the Union section where Unity helps distribute finished Unity games to mass market and at only an 80/20 split, that's wildly impressive.

I just wanted to say, Thank you Unity. Because of your amazing Engine, ease of learning curve and vast power of the system, not to mention the collaborative efforts and support of such a great community, I may just achieve my life long dream of creating games. If all goes well over the next year or two, I may even establish my own Game Dev Studio and I will have Unity to thank.

Sincerely,
    EC
    Welcome aboard!
    If you are looking for next gen lighting, I have been building a lighting engine for Unity the past 6 months. It contains real time global illumination, and physically accurate area lights and works on all versions of unity. Check out the forum thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/233...p-Area-Lights)

3. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricCrow View Post

Sincerely,
    EC
    This engine finally got me into programming . The normal Hello Word crap was just too boring .

A big shout out to the scripting section , even if you ask questions that will get you banned on stack overflow( noob stuff) , plenty of people will help you out .
    http://beatquestgame.com

Everyone makes a classic platformer , here's mine

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...QnJvc0xpdGUiXQ..

4. Super Moderator
    Glad you like it. I had a similar feeling of awe when it "clicked". I have to correct you about union though, the chances for most people getting on it are slim to none, and it's designed for the exact OPPOSITE of the mass market, its designed for devices you can't normally have access to without a dedicated publisher like smart TV's maybe consoles, that sort of thing, with union being the publisher. Understandably, the quality bar will be high for it too.

However, it is easy to distribute and sell your app, let us know when the time comes if you need advice - the forum is very helpful usually.
    Currently working with Sony on our new
    PS4 and Vita game in Unity!

This post is not representative of Simian Squared Ltd

5. Location
    USA
    Cool. I started out with the Game development essentials book too.. it was really helpful as a way to learn how unity works.
    - ImaginaryHuman -

NEW Mouse Path Animator - Mouse movement recording/playback - only $15!
    NEW Animated Dissolves for Shader Forge - Starting at $10!
    NEW Refract2D - Realtime refractions, reflections, image-based lighting, image distortions - ON SALE $25!
    Also Gradient Shader Pack - Realtime-generated animatable gradients - $20.
    Also Shader Wizard - CG Shader Generator including photoshop-style multi-texturing - $20.
    Also Texture Helper - procedural texture/pixmap-handling scripts - $10.

6. Location
    Uruguay
    Awesome sauce!! I have the feeling we'll be seeing great games from you in a near future!
    HEY!... Visit dogzer's Assets Store (;っ˘▽˘)っ (Characters & more)

Oh, and my Google Plus.
    It has news and stuff! (About games of course)

"A nerd's work is never done....." (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

7. Location
    New Hampshire
    Welcome to the most elite club of nerds of the world.

Want an easy way to boot Linux from a USB drives on Mac? Like, you don't need to install or change a thing easy? I thought so. Try Mac Linux USB Loader!
    (And the forum thread)

US President Obama wants to hand over the Internet to a multinational body. Sign the petition to keep the web free!

8. Unity Fanboy

Just wanted to jump in and say hope you enjoy the book and welcome to the world of Unity! any help required- just holler.
    Content Manager at Unity Technologies. Author of Unity 3.x Game Development Essentials (second edition), available now at Amazon...

http://tinyurl.com/6b8vbh7

unity3d.com
    willgoldstone.com

9. Location
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenBits View Post
    Welcome to the most elite club of nerds of the world.
    This is just great! Seriously though, you won't find a better online community, you won't find another engine with this much documentation and collaboration online.

10. Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Hey Crow,

Welcome, a few years ago I was saying the exact same things!

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    Hey Crow,

Welcome, a few years ago I was saying the exact same things!
    I see what you did there...

12. Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by flaminghairball View Post
    I see what you did there...
    What did I do??

13. Posts
    What did I do??
    Heh, you made it sound as though thinking Unity was awesome is something that you grow out of after a few years.

14. Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by flaminghairball View Post
    Heh, you made it sound as though thinking Unity was awesome is something that you grow out of after a few years.
    Not at all. I was saying I was in the OP's shoes a few years ago, realising with Unity my game development project dreams were now possible.
    Unity will always be awesome and close to my heart.

15. Posts
    Not at all. I was saying I was in the OP's shoes a few years ago, realising with Unity my game development project dreams were now possible.
    Unity will always be awesome and close to my heart.
    Yep, Unity is a pretty awesome thing.

16. Location
    Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by hippocoder View Post
    Glad you like it. I had a similar feeling of awe when it "clicked".
    Unity is great.
    Unity + NGUI is amazing.

I don't work for ArenMook, I just had another "click -> wow" moment when learning NGUI last june...