Search Unity

utf8 in json

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by radiolobito, Sep 7, 2012.

1. radiolobito

radiolobito

i have this json string (is the part with a problem):

{ "ZonesNames":["Polanco","Condesa - Roma","Del Valle","San Ángel - Pedregal","Satélite"]}

mi problem is to get this red marked characters to untiy3d... any one can help me, please? if I encode or decode to utf8 i get another errors.

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

what errors do you get? it should technically not be a problem as long as the file is properly utf8, chances are that they just don't show cause you didn't provide a font that contains them. unitys inbuilt default arial for example is not ASCII compliant

3. radiolobito

radiolobito

this errors is in the character only... if i try to encode in utf8 the generator of the json i get this:
    ["Polanco","Condesa - Roma","Del Valle","San Angel - Pedregal","Sat\u00c3\u00a9lite"]

but this make an error in the json parser by the "\" character

if i decode the utf8 i get this:
    ["Polanco","Condesa - Roma","Del Valle","San Angel - Pedregal",null]

(note that the Á is now an A

4. Lypheus

Lypheus

I'm going to take a guess here and suggest that AFTER you encode the string to get:

["Polanco","Condesa - Roma","Del Valle","San Angel - Pedregal","Sat\u00c3\u00a9lite"]

You need to escape the "\" character, probably to a double backslash, like so:

["Polanco","Condesa - Roma","Del Valle","San Angel - Pedregal","Sat\\u00c3\\u00a9lite"]

That should do it for you, if not there is always rolling your own "escape" character sequence to handle this and swap occurances of \ with whichever sequence you desire as a post/pre process on each end.

5. radiolobito

radiolobito

Sadly, it dosnt works. When unity3d get the first \ i get the error.