Search Unity

Divide and Conker

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Ulven2, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Ulven2

Ulven2

Hi guys,
    We're in the latter stages of development on our first game "Divide and Conker".
    We demoed it at the London Unity User Group yesterday and got a very nice reception (Thanks LUUG!) so now we wanted to share a bit with you guys too.
    The game is a physics based arcade fighting game loosely based on conkers. In the game you play as a soviet space dog fighting off an alien invasion in 1957.
    Here are some screenshots. Videos and more screenshots will follow soon. We're a few weeks away from finishing the game, but we do need some beta testers. If anyone is interested, let us know (and mention what device you have). We're targeting iOS first and then Android soon after.

2. Mander

Mander

3. SevenBits

SevenBits

Hey, it's a gag title. How funny...

4. xniinja

xniinja

From the screen shot it looks pretty cool.

5. unitrade

unitrade

it looks pretty cool. kind of like to volunteer for such work. i will message you when i am free with more info

6. RussMorris

RussMorris

Hey guys!

Thanks for coming down to LUUG to show this off!

It seemed to go down really well. That title screen had me laughing like a mad man in the corner!
    People should really keep an eye on this :)

Looking forward to seeing more of this, keep me updated!

7. jesseoffy

jesseoffy

Looks interesting, but I feel if you used more english letters it would be nice. I feel like I'm half reading another language, half reading some kid's leet speak from a mmo game.

8. mattratcliffe

mattratcliffe

Had a chance to play this at LUUG. Great fun and a hilarious concept. Will be keeping a close eye on this one.

9. Ulven2

Ulven2

Thank you all for the comments.
    We're coming up to the last week or two of coding now (hopefully) so it's getting pretty close.
    @mattratcliffe: Cheers, it was great fun meeting you guys too.
    @jesseoffy: Good point, I think it's especially the cryllic letter that looks like a 3 that gives the connotation of 1337 speak in particular. I've swapped that one for a regular roman E as well as the V and F lookalikes. I want to keep the fake russian with the backwards R's and N's etc as much as possible because it ties in with the whole theme better that way, but readability is important too. And it should be seen as mainly russian, rather than a mix of things as you pointed out.
    >say Out of curiosity, how many people here were on the early BBS networks?
    @unitrade: Thanks we'll put up a Testflightapp link soon so you can volunteer if you have the time to play.
    @RussMorris: Thanks for having us, hopefully next one we'll have the whole game finished and can say something more about how things went. It was great fun to meet the others at LUUG and we'll definately make it a regular stop!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  10. Ulven2

Ulven2

We've started beta testing. If anyone wants to help beta test, you can go to this link from your ios device (We're testing for 3gs and up for now):
    http://tflig.ht/KJhhZi

11. HyeMyNameIs

HyeMyNameIs

Love the Title!