Search Unity

Slenderman: The Slendering

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Hanan, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Hanan

Hanan

Hi folks, I'm making an adventure horror game starring my new original character known as the 'Slender man'. I know there have been a lot of 'Slender man' games emerging recently, but I can assure you that this one is original and all the others are the copycats!

John Slenderman has let himself go a bit since the wild days of his youth, and as his personal fitness trainer it is your job to help him lose weight so he can get his powers back (spoiler alert: his powers come from his slenderness) so he can lurk the forest once more.

You must help Slenderman work through an intense fitness regime, managing his diet and exercises. keeping him motivated along the way. Poor fitness trainers will find themselves with a chubby Slenderman incapable of scaring even the wussiest of forest travelers.

Featuring advanced AI and an unlockable Victorian steampunk skin, pre-alpha demo coming out soon!

2. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

I laughed so loud at this one. Great job on the spoof and making me literally cry :)

3. 123Hyrule

123Hyrule

If there is a game series that is basically all serious, there's just always got to be a ridiculous version of it. Meaning, Slender needs this xD
    Don't give up! : D

4. ludiares

ludiares

Hell, pretty stupid concept, i would love to play it. Must be a funny game, for sure

5. Dabeh

Dabeh

Oh man you gave me a laugh for the day.

+1

6. n0mad

n0mad

Hahahahaha xD

7. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

Now this I would play :D

8. Blacklight

Blacklight

9. zsuperxtreme

zsuperxtreme

I love this game.... wahahaha

10. TehWut

TehWut

if this was actually real it would be better than 95% of every up and coming slenderman game

11. Hanan

Hanan

Hey guys, the team working on Slenderman: The Slendering are always striving for innovation, and while we feel that a game starring Slenderman was groundbreaking in itself, we decided that this was not enough!
    After many months of discussion we finally had an innovative idea that will change the games industry forever: zombies.
    We are now proud to introduce the new DLC for our up and coming game: Slenderman: The Slendering:

Help Slenderman survive hordes of the undead in the new upcoming expansion to Slenderman: The Slendering: Undead Nightmare. Slenderman must upgrade his guns and ammunition in between fighting wave after wave of ruthless zombies. Play online or play co-op with Slenderman's cousin Jeremy 'the Rake' Rake, a new playable DLC character for those who pre-order. After playing the only thing 'slender' will be your wallet, we guarantee!

12. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

hahaha.

13. hellraizerhhh

hellraizerhhh

Ive never heard of this "Zombie" you speak of, tell us more! What do these creatures do and what are their motives for attacking (fat)Slenderman

14. Hanan

Hanan

Good question! Imagine a dead, lifeless body that somehow came back to life (freaky concept huh?). Not only this, but they now want to eat the brains of living people like John Slenderman! We have decided to call our original creations 'zombies'. There may be talk of other games featuring these 'zombies', but rest assured these are our original creations!

15. AqusSeven

AqusSeven

This thread made my day :D.

16. XavLar

XavLar

HAHAHAHA!

Is it weird that I would actually get this game over all the other copies?

Keep up the jokes :D

17. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Slenderman with that huge chaingun and all of those zombies made my day. I think all we're missing here are some WWII Nazis or soldiers? Maybe some women in bikinis or young ladies wearing ridiculous skin-bearing armor?

18. Blacklight

Blacklight

You mean heavy armour?

19. theironpaw

theironpaw

thanks for the laugh, ;)

20. Hanan

Hanan

We have taken your feedback into consideration and after much thought we have decided to revamp our graphical style to be more gritty, realistic and modern. Slenderman: The Slendering will now feature our special 'AAA' post-processing effect which will render everything to the level of brown-ness required by the modern gamer. Consumers everywhere are crying "we need more brown!" and here at team Slenderman we plan to deliver!

21. SevenBits

SevenBits

Slenderman doesn't want you to post about his fitness problem. He wishes to remain scary.

22. forceflow22

forceflow22

Hi there!

Love the new colour scheme! And that post effect is amazing, I've never seen anything like it! I can't help thinking the environment looks a bit dark/plain right now. Perhaps you should add a rainbow and some unicorns. I think that would really help with the feel of the game and blend well with the current style.

Also, will you be including any multiplayer function in this game?

Cant wait for the demo!!

23. Blacklight

Blacklight

Don't forget Day One DLC.

24. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Also, in that Day One DLC, the unicorn needs to shoot lasers from its eyes.

25. Sean Hall

Sean Hall

Thanks for the laugh!

Slend Troll

26. Outlaw-Lemur

Outlaw-Lemur

HAHA I was thinking : "Oh great, another SM game" then read the description and laughed very hard

27. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

The only difference between this SM 'title', and the others posted:

This one should actually be made ;)

28. Hanan

Hanan

Since our last update we have undergone a dramatic change of direction for Slenderman: The Slendering. We now proudly present a brand new fantasy MMORPG called Slenderman: The Slendering: Online: Shadows of Angalor.

Pick your favourite class of Slenderman and journey through a high fantasy world where two major factions of Slendermen are battling it out for control of Angalor: The mighty Slenderman Alliance and the brutal Slenderhorde. Fight ferocious suited slenderdragons and tiny slenderdwarfs in your quest to defeat the mighty undead Slenderking.

We are introducing an innovative new approach to DLC that will allow us to bring maximum content to players, we have coined it 'Full day one DLC'.
    Rather than splitting up small fractions of the game to sell as DLC as games have done in the past, we have made the entire game day one DLC- meaning once you have purchased Slenderman: The Slendering: Online: Shadows of Angalor you must purchase it a second time to unlock any of the game's features! We believe this is the next step for online distribution in gaming and are proud to be taking it the next level. :D

29. n0mad

n0mad

This thread is so good that I submitted it as a tip to Kotaku ;-)

30. HJinkle

HJinkle

I agree slendering team. full day one DLC is the way of the future! People who think that because they paid 60 bucks for a game means they should receive a complete product are just self entitled

31. AdamWaters

AdamWaters

That MMORPG needs more brown apples.

Great stuff you guys, I dodged this thread for awhile thinking it was another Slender copy.

32. HyeMyNameIs

HyeMyNameIs

Hahah, the bike!

33. fpspro9001

fpspro9001

hahahaha I see now. slender man is business suit with sock pull over face :D thanks for the joke

34. TehWut

TehWut

you put a decent amount of work into those mock ups :/

35. Myhijim

Myhijim

Thought I'd necro this amazing thread.... Seeing as there are so man slender copies out there now xD

36. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

One of the funnyist things i've read in a long time . Thanks !

37. prophet

prophet

Great stuff here. Got a laugh out of it and glad it wasnt a serious post. Although some of it should be..........

38. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

It could use a bit more bloom.. And shiny rocks! Thats the thing these days get with it.. :p

39. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

If only there was a modern military shooter version of slender man! oh gee golly

40. SevenBits

SevenBits

As a matter of fact, I have one in development right now. ;)

41. TerrorZumbi

TerrorZumbi

Link of download?

42. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Finally someone with an original Slender idea. haha. I do want to see more of this project.

43. n0mad

n0mad

Slenderman : the Slendering, part 2 : THE SLENDER RING.

$SlenderRing.jpg

44. carmine

carmine

I'm sorry... it's the middle of the night.... I can't fall back asleep.....

45. HonoraryBob

HonoraryBob

Slenderman has gotten chubby over the years because he always teleports rather than walking or jogging. He's a standing couch potato in a business suit. The key is to get him out "power walking" alongside all those middle-aged housewives who block roads in the summer by walking eight or nine abreast, arms and elbows swinging as they go. Slenderman could join them to get some exercise and catch up on gossip.
    But here's another original idea that no one's thought of: ninjas. You know, those obscure spies and assassins from feudal Japanese history that have remained sadly neglected all these centuries? Give Slenderman a black mask and a few throwing stars and he'll be all set. And he can teleport, which would give him a big "stealth" advantage over the average ninja.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  46. GrinnTech

GrinnTech

11/10 Would buy.

47. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

One does not simply make a Slenderman FPS.

48. GrinnTech

GrinnTech

$NOMORE4.png Don't be a ditto, Be original.
    For anyone who thinks this is serious: It's a parody.

Slenderman is no longer scary.
    Thanks to all 9,001 Slender remakes!

This thread is brilliant, keep up the good work! I actually laughed REALLY hard.