Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Learning Scriping

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by NewDeveloper, Aug 27, 2012.

1. NewDeveloper

NewDeveloper

Good morning
    I want to ask if there are some tutorials to learn to develop hardelly, because i already know the basics of Javascript and C#.
    Thanks in advance, have a nice day!

2. imjacobf

imjacobf

Not entirely sure what you are asking here (not sure what hardelly means), but here are a couple of playlists on YouTube that you may find very helpful with general information on how Unity3D is set up and how to start basic games.

These videos here walk you through creating a first-person shooter and explain the code in a very friendly fashion (like a classroom).

These videos here walk you through creating a hack-and-slash action RPG.

Hope these help!

3. NewDeveloper

NewDeveloper

Thankhs, now i' ll try with first, and see how is, already know bugzerdarcade.
    but i want to ask you, really my english is too bad?

4. imjacobf

imjacobf

Your English is fine, I just wasn't sure what you meant by "hardelly" :)

5. rob4097

rob4097

You say you already know the basics of C# and JS, so I'm assuming by learning to develop hardly, you're wanting to get into more advanced topics - apologies if I'm wrong.

http://www.csharp-station.com/Tutorial/CSharp

that website has a few tutorials which cover some intermediate topics on C#.

I'm not a frequent user of JavaScript (UnityScript, if you're speaking about the language used in Unity) so I can't really point you to any decent websites there.

It's a bit more difficult if you're looking for advanced topics because, by definition, they are less common. Your best bet there (in my opinion) is to simply look these up as the need arises. It's not very reasonable to assume that you, or most people for that matter, can form a complete knowledge base of every facet of a single language, much less multiple languages, in your head - that's what documentation is for, so you don't have to!

:)

6. NewDeveloper

NewDeveloper

thanks. but this are all easy kind tutorial! because this is the base of the scripting, anyway i' llwatch this tutorial, every tutorial has something to know!
    You are right, i'll try with unity reference and documentation.
    thanks, have a nice day!

7. Tseng

Tseng

So you're saying you know all the stuff such as interfaces, polymorphism and event/delegate system (which are all on the link rob linked above)?

They are not that hard, when you read about them, but it takes months of experience and practice to get it right. Your first attempts in polymorphism and interfaces may not be well designed, and while coding you will notice that, then correct it and next time you will make it better etc.

Maybe you should post what exactly you know already, other than "basic" which is very basic and hard to tell you what's left to learn. If you have learned all of the language features, then you can go over to patterns (i.e. singletons, Factories, observer, etc.)