Unity Community

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanHunt View Post
    How many computers can I install this on with one Personal license?
    Hey Ethan,

We let you use it on two computers as a convenience, so you can use a desktop and a laptop computer.

2. Posts
    Bought it, will set it up later when I get to my MAC

--- Update ---
    Did basic setup and appears to be working

- MAC PRO Early 2008 - OSX Version 10.8.2
    - Unity Pro 3.5.6f4

- VMWare Fusion: VMware Tools Version 9.2.1.16070 - Build 818201
    - Windows 7 Professional: Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    - Visual Studio 2010 Professional: Version: 10.0.30319.1 - .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319

UnityVS package imported in Unity just fine and UnityVS.Projectname.sln created
    Connected from Visual Studio to Unity through the Unity Icon in Visual Studio
    Visual Studio in Windows opened the sln just fine and the Unity Project Explorer within Visual Studio works

It was just a project with a couple of .cs scripts and no functionality yet, new project just started on Unity3.5.latets version so I have to work on the project to write more code... as I go along with UnityVS see if the important stuff works (Debugging, Resharper, etc...)

But at least the basic setup did work
    Last edited by ProjectOne; 10-19-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    Time to make time for games and apps - UnityPro / iOS Pro

3. Location
    Paris
    Hi,
    Does UnityVS is working will Parallel Desktop ?

4. Posts
    Just bought it after seeing mostly good from users.

* Do you guys support debugging another thread? (This is somewhat a bit of a con(if its not there), as I'll have to switch the calling convention while debugging)

Edit: After testing some more. setting a breakpoint within a thread context sometimes do break and sometimes not.

* Also I noticed a quite slowish starting when clicking the play button while VS debugger is running. (in comparison to MonoDevelop) - not a major thing though.
    Last edited by rosevelt; 10-23-2012 at 03:23 PM.

5. Posts
    R# yields errors at most of the image effects files:
    [ExecuteInEditMode] --> is not an attribute
    [AddComponentMenu("Image Effects/Blur")] --> is not an attribute
    public class BlurEffect : MonoBehaviour

6. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosevelt View Post
    Just bought it after seeing mostly good from users.
    Thanks!

* Do you guys support debugging another thread? (This is somewhat a bit of a con(if its not there), as I'll have to switch the calling convention while debugging)

Edit: After testing some more. setting a breakpoint within a thread context sometimes do break and sometimes not.
    Sure, our engine can debug all the managed threads.

If a breakpoint isn't hit, you should report it as a bug, if possible with a repro so we can investigate.

* Also I noticed a quite slowish starting when clicking the play button while VS debugger is running. (in comparison to MonoDevelop) - not a major thing though.
    Can you measure it? It would be interesting. I didn't measure any real difference here, maybe your project triggers a pattern we haven't seen?

7. Posts
    R# yields errors at most of the image effects files:
    [ExecuteInEditMode] --> is not an attribute
    [AddComponentMenu("Image Effects/Blur")] --> is not an attribute
    public class BlurEffect : MonoBehaviour
    Yep those false positives are annoying us too. I'm actually working on a workaround right now, I'm tired of waiting for R# to be fixed.
    Last edited by jbevain; 10-24-2012 at 08:10 AM.

8. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robota View Post
    Hi,
    Does UnityVS is working will Parallel Desktop ?
    If by that you mean remote debugging a OS X Unity from a Parallel VM, this is currently part of our remote debugging preview feature.

By preview feature we mean that it's included for testing, but that we know there are some issues, or that we're not happy with it all together, so it's not officially supported.

But if you want to give it a try, contact us, we'll set you up with a trial version.

9. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mboog12 View Post
    bought this marvelous plugin! i'm very excited about it because it works like a charm.

question : can i debug with two computers, one mac that runs the editor and one pc with visual studio 2010?
    hey, any reply on this question?

10. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mboog12 View Post
    hey, any reply on this question?
    It has been discussed in this thread multiple times

We ship with a preview of this feature, meaning that it's here for you to test but that it's not officially supported as we're not completely happy with the amount of configuration it takes, and that it didn't go through proper Q&A.

11. Posts
    Hi,

is it possible that there are some problems with the latest release of Unity 4 (f5)? I hit F5 but Unity isn't brought up front and the game is not started.

12. Posts
    Ok… problem solved… sorry for the inconvenience…

I was under the impression, that UnityVS would bring Unity up front and started the game… which it doesn’t… my fault…

Also the breakpoint was in a part of code that would never be reached due to a changement.

13. Location
    The Endless Ocean of Infinite Potential
    I just wanted to buy UnityVS ... on the Unity Asset Store ... didn't find it, and it seems you don't sell it though that channel. Do you have any plans to change that?

It would be very nice to be able to buy it though there because that way, I'd have it in my list of Unity "add ons". And I wouldn't even mind if you add the %30 that Unity cuts (at least as long as I can still get the personal version - my company is currently just me ).

14. Posts
    Hey Jashan,

That's something we're indeed considering.

It has a few technical issues we still need to figure out, like how to integrate with our licensing mechanism, but yeah we're considering it

15. Posts
    I understand remote OSX debugging isn't officially supported yet, but has anyone gotten remote OSX debug working with Visual Studios 2012 and Unity 4.x?

I tried UnityVS + VS 2012 in both Parallels 8 and Vmware Fusion Pro 5, but was unsuccessful.
    In both setup's Visual Studios barfs the following error message when connecting to Unity 4.0.0.f7 on my Mac Pro running OSX 10.8.2

"The program 'Mono Debugger Engine' has exited with code 42 (0x2a)."

16. Location
    Bulgaria
    Way overpriced for me.

As a C# developer I am going only for the VS debugging, I don't intend to pay for a bunch of more javascript developer friendly features.

It's an amazing product, but I would have separated it into two different product - the javascript goodies and the debugging functionality.

Cheers.
    -Jedy

Land of Strife Demo - Land Of Strife Sandbox. Stay Tuned for updates!
    Land of Strife Blog - The least supported game development blog.
    Twitter

17. Location
    UK, Grimsby
    Hey people, quickie question on this just so I understand.

Does this basically allow it so that you can program in Unity but with the VS editor? I'm hearing a lot about being able to debug in VS, but I dont know exactly what that means.

Im not much of a programmer when it comes to Java/C# but ive used VS for a quite a few years of my life, so Im just trying to see if this will be of use to me.

Thanks

18. Posts
    Hi CharlieSamways, yes, I run Unity 4 on OSX and Visual Studio (for now I run VS 2010) on a virtual machine installation of Windows (see my post above).
    With Unity VS the two link so I write code in c# in VS in Windows and save from VS on a shared area and Unity sees the same updated c# files.
    You code in VS and Unity uses your c# files.

Debugging means when u run PLAY in Unity you should be able to see debug information/steps in VS in real time.

But you cannot double click an error message in Unity OSX and automatically open file and line in VS.
    Time to make time for games and apps - UnityPro / iOS Pro

19. Location
    UK, Grimsby
    Owh cool, this sounds really useful actually. thanks for that breakdown

20. Posts
    CharlieSamways,

You can setup Visual Studios for Unity on Mac without UnityVS.
    http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?ti...r_Unity_on_Mac

However UnityVS does provide some addded benefits. such as a built in Unity Project Explorer, debugging, Macros.....
    I bought it for the Unity Mac remote debugging preview, but so far it doesn't look like VS 2012 works for remote debugging quite yet. However ProjectOne has a working VS 2010 setup that can do Mac Unity Debugging.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast