Search Unity

Moonlight Mountains First Discovery released

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by snowconesolid, Aug 20, 2012.

1. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

hello unity community.

I just released my recent game project for free. There is a PC version and a webplayer version. For better quality I recommend Downloading the PC version.

anyway I hope you enjoy the game. Any feedback on the game will be appreciated. I will anticipate some bash on the graphics, don't worry even I kind of agree that they could of been better. :)

Webplayer version : Kongregate Link

PC version (Windows) : Download

Update: (Choosing levels and Mouse Cursor) Just to avoid a possible common problem, when selecting a level make sure that you can see the mouse cursor. The mouse cursor locks and hides itself as soon as you click anywhere on the screen, when you are selecting a level or going to save your game, make sure to show the mouse cursor again so you can click on things. To enable the mouse cursor press the M key or the escape key. Remember, the mouse cursor is only important when at the menu selector (the place to choose which mountain to go to or save/ load game) when in an actual mountain it is ok to let the mouse cursor lock and hide itself.

if you havent seen the trailer here is another look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhyBA2YhktY&feature=plcp

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. XavLar

XavLar

Consider hiring an Artist and Level designer? It has some great programming, but is lacking on the graphics side and the general placement of terrain and monsters.

3. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Thanks! :)
    a lot of the models I used are pretty old. I have improved a lot since that time
    whatever my next game is, it will look a lot better.

see

4. XavLar

XavLar

The character looks a lot nicer :)

Have you improved the Level design? like terrain textures and Mob placements?

GarBenjamin likes this.
  5. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

yeah, now I have a new technique for creating good terrain. I can make the mountains look like they where suppose to.
    And I do this with blender not the terrain system unity has. When I was making this game all of the mountain levels I made are all made out of a single cube. Its a good method for somethings, but there is better ways to natural environments. As for textures I very lazily just put some mountain textures on my mesh. There is a bunch of things I could of done better in this game project. But now I guess I know better. :)

6. Hanan

Hanan

I hope you include the original commander as DLC, I prefer him to the newer generation Commander Moonlight

7. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

hahaha! This is so cool! Honestly you have made my day. Im saving this image. You are right, the new commander does have oily skin and an immature expression.

I guess you will be happy to know that the original Commander moonlight is still in the game and is the main character. I never replaced him with the new guy. I was planning on using the new model for a future project.

:)

8. Bread_Stalker

Bread_Stalker

This game is horrible.. even for a Unity game