Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Games WIP Small Works Game / Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Tim-C, Aug 6, 2012.

1. BengalTiger

BengalTiger

What is it supposed to do?
    Filling the camera's field of view is a bit too general to give any suggestions.

2. JamesElvin

JamesElvin

A ray-cast that can fit the whole of the cameras field of view. I don't know how else to word it (like the original 'Slender' game that if 'Slender' was visible on the screen without any collision/object in the way then he would collide with the ray-cast).

3. MonoLoco

MonoLoco

A strategy game that i'm programming just for fun and learning.

I'm having performance issues with mi unitsIA script, tell me what you think about my Main Thread time.

4. BengalTiger

BengalTiger

Looks like my earlier attempt didn't go through.
    See how the spotting system works in World of Tanks.

In short: There are rays cast from the highest point on the tank and the gunner's optics, which scan the whole world.
    If they hit a special position marker on another tank it is considered spotted. Each tank has several such markers.

It's also mentioned on the WoT wiki that this procedure eats up 30% of all calculations done on the server.

My suggestion, based on that:

Create small, unrendered objects and glue them to 'Slender', so that he's thoroughly marked.
    Now cast rays from the camera to the markers.
    Note this is not a near infinite amount projecting from the camera, but only one for each marker. In fact having a single raycast cycle through all the markers would check all of them in a small fraction of a second.

If there's nothing colliding with the ray on its way from the camera to (some of) the markers, 'Slender' is (partially) in view.
    If the angle between the camera's forward and the ray that scores a direct hit is smaller than half the field of view, the player is also looking in the right direction.
    If these two tests are a pass, whatever needs to be triggered when the player sees 'Slender' should get triggered.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  5. KrisSchnee

KrisSchnee

@Asvarduil: That looks good, and being able to return objects seems useful. As a suggestion, maybe the dialog boxes should advance/vanish in response to a keyboard key, not just the mouse, and lock character movement?

I added the ability to pass Lists like [{"speaker":"Alice","text":"Hi"}, {"speaker":"Bob","text":"Hi, Alice!"}] from outside the conversation system to have multiple conversations. I should probably add some basic looping like being able to set a label on lines and jump forward/back to a labeled line, and define some kind of button-based choice system like what you've got. Then some means of firing events based on choices, like adding items to an inventory or loading a new scene. I'm not sure how to do that yet, other than having a line contain a key:value pair like "event":"function_call_to_be_evaluated". Maybe something more like "message":"this_message_is_sent_to_some_function"? I've never used GameObject.SendMessage but have an internal message system in my game's main script to separate input ("key J was pressed") from game events ("player wants to move left"; "enemy died at (4,2)").

EDIT: Aha! I've got a basic choice system in place and can call functions, demonstrated by adding money to an inventory Hash variable. See http://kschnee.xepher.net/code/unity/140415dialog_system.htm for the latest demo, which has multiple conversations and a "wilt thou slay the dragon" example of looping and choices.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Nice! I appreciate the feedback.

It will on both counts, I just haven't implemented either quite yet.

As far as pausing stuff is concerned, I actually have a really good system that I have to import from my previous project, where an interface requires scripts to implement a pause and resume method on their behaviors, and a central script can receive a signal to simply radiate a pause or resume command. I'm probably going to implement that next, as well as ways to obtain items from conversations (really, all a chest is is an NPC that gives an item, and locks its own state so that it can't be permafarmed by swapping scenes.)

7. mcanty55

mcanty55

[video=youtube_share;1hQc5L6ltSk]http://youtu.be/1hQc5L6ltSk

Here is a game that we are hoping to complete, “Shopping Cart Mayhem”. You can earn point buy getting items into your cart and pushing those annoying slow

8. JamesElvin

JamesElvin

Thank you, this idea is working almost perfectly! I apologise for my miscommunication, I make some silly mistakes sometimes :3

9. BengalTiger

BengalTiger

No worries.

I'm quite sure that given some modifications this method will do everything it has to do, with significantly less resource use than what they have in WoT.

10. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, I've implemented treasure chests in my JRPG prototype.

Check it, yo.

Impressive, no? ;)

11. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

Good deal Asvarduil., The only thing that bugged me while playing was not being able to go left or right while I was holding the 'w' key. I could go up while walking left or right but I couldn't go the other way.

12. PlanetKiller

PlanetKiller

This is the third month I have been using unity and I have a "ChronoStepper" package finished (may need a little more work). It is a day/night cycle with lunar cycles, days, weeks, and months. You can also edit the variables and collections to vastly alter the everythings. Days can be set to be as long/short as you need, months can have different amounts of days, months can even wobble the sun over days to simulate planetary tilts. It still needs some testing, but I'll be using it in my next project.

[video=youtube_share;S-qyHlCXHBU]http://youtu.be/S-qyHlCXHBU

I also have a couple games under my belt, one of which is planetclicker.

[video=youtube_share;PmhNqTvkI8E]http://youtu.be/PmhNqTvkI8E

Now I am going to work on a major game, but it may be NSFW for these forums. You know where to find me, if you are interested in my next project. Also, feedback, thanks.

Mccanty55, I like your idea for a game, very unique, hope you learn a lot from your endeavors.

13. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Working on textbox system in my game :)

$Textbox.gif

Josh707 and Rodolfo-Rubens like this.
  14. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Very nice! I wish I could have colored text on my dialogue boxes. That's something I've sadly never been able to figure out how to do.

15. GibTreaty

GibTreaty

https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/StyledText.html

Scroll down to where it tells you about using the color tag. For example "<color=green></color>"

16. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

That should definitely work when using Unity's text system :) I wrote my own though, using Sprites, cause I wanted it to be 100% pixel-perfect. It also works with tags <br> for a newline and <red></red>, <green></green> <blue></blue> for colors :) Very basic, but it's all I need for now.

17. HolBol

HolBol

How on earth did you manage coloured text and still have it type out? I've been trying to crack this for months!

18. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Maybe try what GibTreaty said ;) My system is using Sprites so I don't think it'll work for you ^^'

19. PlanetKiller

PlanetKiller

Miss. Very Naked 2014.

[video=youtube_share;s3reeM5OcvI]http://youtu.be/s3reeM5OcvI

Technically, it is part of a WIP. What do you think, using materials for clothes and mouth animation. Don't worry, she covers herself (mostly) and her texture is; well, I might have lost a pint to nosebleeds.

20. AntFitch

AntFitch

A tool I'm working on. I plan to sell it after it's been thoroughly tested on the game for which it was built (Pixel Pygmies). You create templates, build ALL of your logic in the templates, and assign templates to game objects. It removes the need to assign a bunch of scripts directly to game objects and let's you swap templates on game objects at runtime, if desired. It currently has 40+ actions and the developer can create custom actions as needed. Some of the most important actions let you create dialog (localized), movies, character movement special animations. Each template has a variety of values you can attach to it including variables, bools (flags), templates, and game objects. During runtime, you can reference any value in any template from another template. This tool is nothing like PlayMaker, but you could use it with PlayMaker to make graphic layouts of your logic flow. I plan to make it available sometime in 2015.

To view closeup: http://forum.unity3d.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98877&d=1399483665

$tool-screenshot.png

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Rodolfo-Rubens likes this.
  21. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

That is some seriously cool tech. Is it possible to make your setup data-driven by some source, like a JSON blob? That would extend the capabilities of this framework to include modability.

22. The-Spaniard

The-Spaniard

$wipbezier.png

WIP of the curve-based proceedural geometry editor extension I'm working on. Still got a lot of work to go, but I'm trying to polish as I go along (hence the toolbar...). So far I have broken, straight, symmetric, smooth and Auto-smoothed nodes working, as well as a robust system to connect them arbitrarily.

23. AntFitch

AntFitch

This is one of the high priority goals.

24. JamesElvin

JamesElvin

Slowly getting there with the Multiplayer Slender project.

[video=youtube_share;1IafZswmIx4]http://youtu.be/1IafZswmIx4

25. xinoHITO1

xinoHITO1

[EDIT] Colorful is now on Indie DB!! And it's on the top 100 games :'D
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/colorful-working-title

Hello guys! I'm working on a game called Coloful (Working title). THIS IS A FIRST PLAYABLE PROTOTYPE and I'm looking for feedback on people. Here are the links:

windows version

https://db.tt/xK8nbi1S

mac version
    https://db.tt/I1tqOD5o

Linux version
    https://db.tt/2CWVUCOU

I won't deny I'm also trying to spread the news about my game but please take in consideration this is just a first prototype and not a final game on any store.
    The instructions are in the game itself and I made this using Unity3D. I hope to receive comments about it soon. Thanks everyone in advance :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  26. PerfectlyInsane

PerfectlyInsane

Well since i finished my project two days ago i took a very short break (1/3 a day) and i've been looking at a number of things i could make. At the moment a few of those things need an Diablo inventory system.

So here we go. Its still very hacky but seems to have all the drag and drop you would expect.

I actually spent a lot of time doing it the wrong way, and looking at existing examples. Both paid and free source code wasnt quite there. It either didnt allow multi-slot fills or did not run on NGUI or DFGUI.

I first tried with using raycast to determine which cells are being filled. Which can be done much easier other ways. Thats why i decided to use the DF GUI Drag and drop framework and trashed what i had already coded.

This video is more about logic in buildings this type of inventory system, and their uses rather then the actual coding that goes to make one. I'm not sure if this is the BEST way of doing this but this is how i did it.

This was achieved by modifying the basic drag and drop demo that came with DF GUI. The limitations of the basic DF GUI demo is all items can fit into a single item slot

It can be used for many other things such as Simcity type building games or tower defense games where you have more freedom of where you want to place your towers instead of forcing you to conform to their ugly grid status quo, and many other tileset games.

This actual demo is mostly GUIs, whilst there is validation on whether an item will fit or not fit, there is no back end code that holds actual inventory data.

Infact, its such a basic setup it doesn't using any arrays at all, as the original example does not use any arrays. Instead each game-object holds the information about the item inside it.

Its been set up that the Inventory Master script will hold the inventory logic such as the Max number horizontal and vertical cells. If the placement of an items exceeds these limits then it fails validation. However all the if an item will fit validation/resizing is all done by the cursor and cells.

If a 2X2 item is placed into the inventory. It will check if any of the 4 cells contains any items. If everything passes validation then will mark those 4 cells filled.

As you may have noticed it needs to validate multiple things, and only when it passes all of the things it will apply the changes to the gameobjects.

Once an item has been moved or failed to move. The DragOver class is triggered. You should remove the old item only if the move you just made that triggered this event passed validation.

Limitation: Since its a proof of concept. grid sizes larger than 9X9 need additional coding or if i move to using Array Lists for validation.

I might put a few more days into it but I'm leaning towards working on another project and using this for my next project.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  27. smitchell

smitchell

Looks awesome, I had a go at doing this a while ago, never got round to finishing it but yours looks awesome :) keep up the good work

The-Spaniard likes this.
  28. The-Spaniard

The-Spaniard

Thank you! I guess I'll share a bit of the progress I've made recently (not a lot - I've been playing dark souls 2...)

spline.png
    Here you can see a surface defined by four beziers (currently a Coons patch, but I've written code to switch them to bezier patches (with 4 more control points) as well), and the code for extrusions/drawing new curves (the red highlighted curve) which I aim to have a similar feel to vector drawing software like inkscape. It needs some extra code glue to work with patches and edges as well, as well as some more features like snapping to axes and surfaces and other nodes, and automatically connecting nodes to each other.

With the input and undo systems, I've had to use some annoying hacks to get it all to work, which is irritating as my code is starting to look messy in places. Ought to refactor as I go along...

Anyway, I want to make a really robust curve/surface editing suite before I start with the geometry creation aspect.

29. MoonStar20

MoonStar20

been working on this for a while now and would like to see what others think about it
    Description:
    Hmm this is abit hard to say since its more going indiana jones style making it as i go.
    originally it started wanting to make a funny echi about a guy that falls thru a portal and ends up in elven land where he gets a harem saves the land etc..... BUT.... and thats a big but i seen Outbreak Company and realized crap this is what i had in mine also .....SO NOW it made a Anakim Skywalker 180 and turned it from a comedy echi harem to a more serious aspect with still some echi here and there cuz come on we all want to see some of it once it a while im still keeping the elfen land part but turning upside how he gets there.
    Description in a NUTSHELL
    An average guy gets woken up by his childhood friend when accidentally while being still sleepy trips with his hands on her boobies and face under her skirt.
    Trying to teach him a lesson he falls off the school rooftop and ends up in a comma

Screens:
    http://prntscr.com/3lilmw
    http://prntscr.com/3limt8
    http://prntscr.com/3lin5s
    http://prntscr.com/3ling4
    http://prntscr.com/3linqk
    excuse the artwork for now its only temporary until a friend of mine finishes the art for me

http://goo.gl/46hQn3

all opinions and critic welcome except for stupid things like "it sucks" but you dont give a reason why it sucks so pls argument your opinions and critic
    would like to see some honest even brutally honest argument opinions and critic

Edit this is not a full game its still work in progress (alpha stage)

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/wip-my-visual-novel.250426/

30. der_r

der_r

Started rolling my own platformer physics yesterday. Right now I have "jump-thru" platforms, moving platforms, slopes of any angle and ledge-climbing. :)

31. JMcKenna

JMcKenna

Nice. I had some trouble finding a good solution for oneway/jump-thru platforms on an old project - how did you go about it?

32. der_r

der_r

I'm not sure if this is the best solution, since I'm very new to Unity, but here's how I set it up. :)

I created a layer for Platforms and each platform only has an Edge Collider at the top.

Then in my update function, if the player is falling (by checking his current speed), I check if he is currently colliding with a one-way platform. If he isn't colliding right now BUT he will collide given his current falling speed, I place him on the ground.

I check collisions by casting rays from a few feet positions downward.

I made my own collision-detection function that takes a layermask and a position as parameters. That way I can run hypothetical scenarios, "What if the object was here?"

I hope this makes sense!

33. yoyo

yoyo

I am experimenting with a fluent interface for searching game object hierarchies. I've got a prototype running and wanted to know if people think this is cool or crazy ...

Here's a simple example that walks down the hierarchy looking for a game object with a specified name:
    uQueryIsNamed.png
    The query is an enumerable set of game objects, so you can say things like:
    uQueryIterateResults.png
    But queries can get a lot more complicated. The following query compiles and runs and returns the intended results:
    uQuery.png
    What do you think? Would you use something like this?
    Would an Asset Store package be of any interest?

Note that at this point I've focused exclusively on functionality and expressiveness, not performance and memory use. You wouldn't want to use these queries every frame, but you could issue them periodically and then cache the results, for example with query.ToArray() (if you are using System.Linq).

lorenalexm likes this.
  34. mhtraylor

mhtraylor

Working on a small tool to batch process animation clips out of sprite assets with similar animation frames. The "drag & drop" workflow quickly becomes tedious and error prone with a large number of sprite sheets. Unity mentioned somewhere they were looking into making a more efficient workflow at some point. Until then...

Basically, you select as many of your texture assets and bring up the extraction menu from the toolbar or via hot-key. You can use an Inspector context menu if you select a sprite or sprites instead. The tool window has all the settings to make animation clips from any set of frames you wish, and clips are created for each set for each asset. (Ignore the options in the extractor window below, the tool actually has useful settings -- I just haven't updated the GUI yet.) The tool can produce/set up clips for either Mecanim or Legacy use.

tex_extract.PNG

About 70% there, loading assets and creating clips works... almost. Something is not quite right with the curves (you can see in the Animation view screenshot below). The references to the sprites are correct, but something is not linking up correctly. It'll get there, eventually. And.. that's about it.

anim_win.PNG

35. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Minimap yo.

zvk2-5.png

I've still got to figure out how to make it continuously navigate if you hold down the LMB, how to cause this minimap to show GUI icons for friendly units, and how to issue r-click navigate commands through it.

36. NiloBR

NiloBR

Procedural Dungeon Generation.....

SiegfriedCroes likes this.
  37. Jyunaut

Jyunaut

Hello, I'm quite new to Unity and Programming in general, and I have been making this Hack n' Slash game for the past month.

I would love some feedback and your thoughts on it! (Attacks can be quite glitchy; still a novice programmer d:)

Link to game: (Sorry, I don't know how to properly link to Unity Webplayer)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/35o6q18kfiern6r/AAC01DWil6XKuo1iext7wbaIa

38. ardizzle

ardizzle

Hey guys I made a script to recycle projectiles in my game that doesn't require any extra code in your main code. Instead you just replace a couple functions your would normally use. So instead of Instantiate (prefab, position, rotation); you would instead use Recycling.Do().CreateObject(prefab, position, rotation); And what that would do is search an array to see if your object has already been made. If so then it will see if your using it. And if you are it will make a new object. If not then it will give you back your object to use again. To use this you also don't destroy object instead you Recycling.Do().Recycle(gameObject); Throwing your object back into a usable state.

The point of this is to cut down on the amount of garbage collector calls that could slow down your game. There is more than just what I posted above in the code and I do plan on adding a time out kind of function that will destroy a projectile for you if it has sat in the array for to long. But my current code is posted below so what do you guys think? and what optimizations can I make? If this is useful enough I would like to add it to the asset store after a little more work.

Code (JavaScript):
    1. import System.Collections.Generic;
    2. #pragma strict
    3. private static var instance    : Recycling;
    5. private var count        : int = 0; // Counter for CreateObject
    6. private var count2        : int = 0; // Counter for Recycle
    7. private var count3        : int = 0; // Counter for CleanUp
    8. private var objectList  : List.<ObjectsInfo> = new List.<ObjectsInfo>();
    10. function CreateObject(object : GameObject, startPos : Vector3, rotation : Quaternion) : GameObject
    11. {
    12.     // This function when called will take the GameObject that you passed
    13.     // and see if it has already been made. If not it will make a new one
    14.     // if so it will return the object it alreay created.
    15.     count = 0;
    16.     while(objectList.Count > count)
    17.     {
    18.         if(objectList[count].gObject.name== object.name + "(Clone)")
    19.         {
    20.             if(objectList[count].inUse == false)
    21.             {              
    22.                 // Reenables the object
    23.                 objectList[count].gObject.SetActive(true);
    24.                 // Sets the inUse to be true
    25.                 objectList[count].inUse = true;
    26.                 // Places the object where it is suppose to start
    27.                 objectList[count].gObject.transform.position = startPos;
    28.                 objectList[count].gObject.transform.rotation = rotation;
    29.                 // Returns the old object
    30.                 return objectList[count].gObject;
    31.             }
    32.         }
    33.         count++; // Goes to the next object in the list to check if it exsists
    34.     }
    35.     if(objectList.Count <= count)
    36.     {
    37.         // Creates a new object and adds it to the array
    38.         objectList.Add(ObjectsInfo(Instantiate(object, startPos, rotation)));      
    39.         // Returns the new object
    40.         return objectList[objectList.Count - 1].gObject;
    41.     }
    42.     return null; // This should never happen
    43. }
    45. function Recycle(object : GameObject)
    46. {
    47.     count2 = 0;
    48.     while(objectList.Count > count2)
    49.     {
    50.         if(objectList[count2].gObject == object)
    51.         {
    52.             // Disables the object
    53.             objectList[count2].gObject.SetActive(false);
    54.             // Sets the inUse to be true
    55.             objectList[count2].inUse = false;
    56.             // Breaks the while
    57.             break;
    58.         }
    59.         count2++; // Goes to the next object in the list to check if it exsists
    60.     }
    61. }
    62. function CleanUp()
    63. {
    64.     // Emptys the array
    65.     count3 = 0;
    66.     while(objectList.Count > count3)
    67.     {
    68.         Destroy(objectList[count3].gObject);
    69.         count3++;
    70.     }
    71.     objectList.Clear();
    72.     // Calls the garbage collector
    73.     System.GC.Collect();
    74. }
    76. class ObjectsInfo
    77. {
    78.     var gObject : GameObject    = null; // The game object that will be recycled
    79.     var inUse     : boolean         = true; // Makes sure you don't pull an object that would affect the game
    80.     function ObjectsInfo(go : GameObject)
    81.     {
    82.         gObject = go;
    83.     }
    84. }
    86. function Awake()
    87. {
    88.     instance = this; // Sets instance to this script to allow easy access
    89. }
    91. public static function Do() : Recycling
    92. {
    93.     return instance; // Returns this script for easy access
    94. }

39. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

upps!
    that sounds very, very expensive as the whole terrain has to be rendered twice!
    what is about using a light cookie along with the directional light? that should not increase the number of draw calls and be the fastest method to create cloud shadows.
    (not to mention that light cookies also work with shaders that do not accept projectors like transparent and transparent cut out: grass, trees …).

lars

40. tylernocks

tylernocks

I'm just making this little megaman fan thingy , don't think I'm gonna do much more with it (art is not mine, it's some royalty free art, megaman art is from Megaman 8 )
    Capture.PNG

41. Usman Cheema

Usman Cheema

42. mgear

mgear

43. mgear

mgear

yeah, directional light + cookie seems to work nicely! (at least on a quick test just now)

Limitations:
    - You have to move the light yourself to animate cloud movement (and wrap the position in right place?)
    - Cannot have any shader as a cookie source..(in projector you can use the same animated cloud shader as projector shader)

44. larsbertram1

larsbertram1

hi mgear,

even if projectors would not be that expensive to render (they simply double the number of draw calls and everything!) – you can not use them with grass and trees.
    so light cookies are the only way and you will have to get around the limits you have mentioned:

1. moving a directional is not that difficult. neither is "shifting" the texture on the cpu.
    2. render to texture – unity pro only. but you might calc a very lowres cloud shadow tex on the cpu as well.

lars

45. FakedMeerkat

FakedMeerkat

WIP Thread thing

Hey guys!

I am still fairly new to C# scripting, but I've been using Unity for a while, so I just thought I'd post my progress on a small side project I'm working on.

The game is basically a huge ripoff of Hitman at the moment, but I plan to adapt it to a large open world type area where you can use any means to take out your target.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, and I am not even sure whether I'm allowed to link a web player etc, as I am using a Unity Pro Educational license.

Anyway, here are some screen shots!

Aiming with AimIK (taken in editor)
    02.png

Looking badass (in-game)

standing01.png

Vaulting forwards

vault01.png

Vaulting (or rolling) backwards

vault02.png

I hope you liked the screenshots (and I hope they aren't too large! xD), I can put some more up if anyone wants to see different things etc.

Here's some credits for the awesome asset creators whose packages/art I've used:

Note: This section is not intended as advertising, I just wanted to thank these people for their awesome work!

The incredible FinalIK package! This saved me weeks of work and allowed me to have many features I just would not have known how to create (such as dynamic foot placement!). Also a big thanks for including the great Dummy model!!

The awesome ShooterAI package! This was a huge aid and learning tool when implementing AI into my project! I am still in the very early stages of this process though.

And of course the almighty, behemoth Prop's Animations package! This was another massive help in both this project and my main project. It allowed me to really bring my characters to life and helped show small interactions and large ones too. The support from Prop is absolutely amazing!!!

I hope you like my project!

Thanks for reading.

46. CrossFade

CrossFade

47. krillin1986

krillin1986

I had the idea the other night about making a Spider Simulator game. Yesterday I modeled the spider in Max and I just couldn't animated it properly. Today, I separated all the parts and redid all the animation. I found an old javascript online for walking on walls and ceilings, and modified it some to suit my spider better. As you can see, the camera is just a temporary throw in, and my spider turns 180 degrees when jumping down off the ceiling (if anyone has any suggestions, let me know lol) Anyhow, here is a little web demo. ASDW move, LMB "attacks" (nothing to attack yet), RMB "rolls up bugs" (again, nothing to roll up yet), Left Shift hold it to run. You can either just walk/run into a wall to climb it or jump into it. I want to make it so you can hit a button and shoot some webbing out your butt, go over to the other wall and stick the other end of your web there, thus allowing you to crawl on your newly created web line... then you do it multiple times to make an actual spider web that will catch bugs in it and all you to go eat them or roll them up etc. I plan on making a big yard with a house, maybe a shed or something. You will start off in the grass area and you'll want to head towards the house to make a good spot for a spiderweb. I'm gonna try to put other insects like Ants, and Rollie Pollies in there, moths, flies, mosquitos, bees maybe even. Possibly other spiders that try to take your food and web and you have to attack them. I dunno just yet what all I am going to add, but, this is a good start in my opinion.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67617495/SpiderSimDemo01.html

GarBenjamin and GibTreaty like this.
  48. MuriloBDelefrate

MuriloBDelefrate

Hi!
    Me and a friend developed a runner game. You can play it by clicking http://www.cerpallabs.com.br/beer-run/
    For those who played, could give us a feedback about what is missing so people wants to play it again?

We believe the art and the game play are fine but we can't find a solution to make people play it again and tell to other people about how many meters and beers had collected playing! What do you think!?

GarBenjamin likes this.
  49. Gobla

Gobla

Was trying to create something for a minimalistic horror puzzle game. The goal is to get to the exit trough the other end of the map (not yet implemented).

I present Hyperphobia: http://peculiardeveloper.com/u3d/HyperPhobia/

Not sure if I will complete this to a whole game.

WASD = walk.
    Shift = Run.
    Left Ctrl = Toggle crouch.
    R = RESET

The monster responds to seeing you (in the light) and audio.

krillin1986 likes this.
  50. aeth_dz

aeth_dz

Here is a quick bullet-hell/SHMUP prototype I've made over the weekend.

Click here

Please note that all patterns are adjustable (type, bullet spawn ratio, bullet speed, bullet type, count etc.) so this does not represent all possibilities.

Also I’ve made 2 types of aiming :

• continuous (seeks player constantly)
    • LockOn (seeks player, locks and shoots whole pattern, after shooting, seeks again)
    Use left Shift and Ctrl to change pattern, and WASD to move ship.

Also, don’t worry about getting hit, I’ve turned off collision in this demo :p

More info coming soon