As some of you may be aware, I have been recently releasing beta versions of a game I made called 'Slender' (link to the beta thread is here). The game has gotten an unexpected amount of recognition (i.e., went viral), which I have found both exciting and terrifying, since I'm not sure I can get it up to the expectations people have of it all by myself. That's where this recruitment comes in.
What I'm looking for is to find some programmers and graphics people (more professional than I am) to help me make a higher quality version of the game, with the intent of making something that could be released commercially (at a low price since it's a short game). In particular, I'd like to change the following items:
1. The enemy's movement in the game only works on a 2D plane, so the entire game map is flat. I'd like to improve the movement so that it works with terrain height changes.
2. In relation to the previous point, the scripting I'm using to test if the enemy is visible to the player only works if the obstacles are largely vertical (i.e., you can't see his head or feet under or over objects). Something more accurate and absolute would be needed, especially if the terrain is going to have varied height.
3. More detailed models (in particular, the enemy model needs improvement).
4. Better special effects (such as 'sharpening' the graphics during an adrenaline rush).
5. Some sort of random map generator would be ideal, and would improve replay value greatly (as would different map types in general).
6. Support for achievements (in the case of a Steam or XBLA release).
I understand this is a lot, and I also don't expect for this to be free. What I'd like to do is find some people willing to help, see how much it will all cost to get this done, and then Kickstarter for the funds (I don't think it will have a problem succeeded since the original game went viral).
If there is anyone that can help me get this all assembled, I would greatly appreciate it. Please start out posting in this thread, then we can coordinate it over PM or Skype afterwards. Thanks!