Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity iPhone Apps in the Store - List Yours Here

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by jeffcraighead, Nov 3, 2008.

1. rozgo

rozgo

We released a few weeks ago our first Unity app. And have climbed near the top paid card games several times.

You can see the game here:
    http://www.playbriscas.com/iphone/index.html

I've worked with top games and engines (ex-developer for Star Wars The Force Unleashed), and I can assure you, Unity, and the team behind it, are among the best of its kind.

Unity was key to our success.

Attached Files:

2. User340

User340

@rozgo: Briscas is a cool game. Nice job.

3. AM Team

AM Team

4. wickedbob

wickedbob

I love Zombies!!
    And initally I loved your game.

I ended up deleting it though for fear that my iphone would be chucked into the bin with frustration.

Your game stutters/stops at random points in play and the firing controls are sometimes smooth and responsive and other times they just don't work.

Otherwise it is a top notch game.
    I'd look at it again if you make improvements.

Looking forward to more quality games. :)

5. User340

User340

6. yangmeng

yangmeng

7. yangmeng

yangmeng

Attached Files:

8. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Noticed on the iPinata page in the App Store that the average rating is 2 stars, but so far everyone has given it 4+ stars... what's going on there???

Everyone's games are looking fantastic by the way ;)

Ethan

9. yangmeng

yangmeng

iPinata was free the first day, got a lot of downloads. I think about four people liked it and gave it good reviews. Other people obviously decided they didn't like much at all, deleted it, gave it a star or two without giving it a review.
    The whole system of rating an App on deleting certainly skews the rating system in general. It may be that the app only deserves two stars, but I would prefer to get feedback as to how to make it better than just find out a lot of people don't like it (or a few REALLY don't like it.)
    Still after my first 3D app only got a couple of brutal reviews it's nice to see at least someone likes my stuff (sniff).

10. bakno

bakno

Attached Files:

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

12. mindlube

mindlube

I have wondered about this too. I think how it works is most people just select a # of stars, but some also elect to submit a verbal review, above which their # of stars is shown. So there may be many people who deleted the app and gave it some number of stars, but didn't submit a review.

13. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It's because of rate-on-delete. If you delete the app, you're asked to rate it, but you don't leave a review in this case. Of course, this biases the reviews to the negative, because if you're deleting the app, it's probably because you didn't like it.

--Eric

14. yangmeng

yangmeng

Exactly, except in cases like mine, you delete a lot of apps you do like because you like more than the 148 app limit Apple lets you have on device... :(

15. CedarParkDad

CedarParkDad

Aspyr Media announced this morning the release of VooDude, the company's third iPhone App. VooDude, priced at $0.99, lets you create and manipulate your own personal, portable Voodoo doll within your iPhone or iPod Touch.

About Voodude
    At your mercy...

Have your own personal voodoo doll with you everywhere you go by downloading VooDude for your iPhone or iPod Touch. VooDude acts as your stress relief buddy – use the accelerometer and touch screen to shake, pin, burn and toss him – he’ll respond to your slightest whim!

Plus, you can personalize your VooDude by mapping any photo you want on his head – use a picture from your photo library or snap a photo with the iPhone camera. Whether you want to enact revenge or just get some laughs, VooDude gives you the ability to create your own custom Voodoo dolls to put through the wringer and then share with friends.

VooDude Key Features:

* Use the accelerometer to shake and scramble VooDude
    * Ragdoll physics
    * Touch screen interactivity puts VooDude at the mercy of your fingers
    * Personalize your VooDude by face-mapping
    * Save each of your custom VooDudes to bring them out later for further enjoyment
    * Email your creations to other VooDude users

From the iTunes store:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304109077&mt=8

Attached Files:

16. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Hah, nice! :D

17. Eric Powell

Eric Powell

18. AmazingRuss

AmazingRuss

19. code749

code749

voodude sounds a lot like ichalky?? have to try it out

20. CedarParkDad

CedarParkDad

Well, except for the 3D physics, fantastic art, pins, flame dancing, screams, and ability to send others your resultant VooDude I guess it could be compared to iChalky :) If it does as well in sales then you can compare it to whatever you wish ;-)

21. Jeremy-Alessi

Jeremy-Alessi

22. Diablohead

Diablohead

So Skyline was made in unity? I never knew :eek:

I brought your game yesterday but only spent about 30 minutes with it so far in the training, I like it for what it is but I wish the city was a little bigger to explore. Keep it up!

23. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Purchased! :)

24. nikemerlino

nikemerlino

25. mindlube

mindlube

26. wh00kah

wh00kah

Congrats to mikamobile for Zombieville USA making it to the top 10 paid overall apps! Is that a first for a Unity engine-based game?

27. bond

bond

It's now number 4...
    Great!

28. wh00kah

wh00kah

I don't know if the developer even browses these forums or not (their game doesn't come up in the search results), but there's a new Unity based game called GI Joyride being talked about on the toucharcade.com forums. I bought the app and it's really a fun time Nice use of the engine; quite fast and smooth! I was surprised.

Here's a youtuber's gameplay footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVSyv4yDVzk

Wow, I'm so busy playing other people's Unity games that I'm not working on mine. Get back to work, me :D

29. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Providing the AppStore URL for GI Joyride:

GI Joyride

I know that Trapdoor is a Unity customer but I'm not sure if anyone from there is on the forums.

30. cbman

cbman

Attached Files:

31. ezone

ezone

Crazy Snowboard Lite is now available in the App Store (for free of course!). It has everything that's in the full version, but is limited to 3 missions, 3 dudes and boards, and 6 grabs.

Attached Files:

32. Diablohead

Diablohead

Rollit was made with unity? The more you know...

33. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

34. cbman

cbman

Yep, it sure is :)
    Using Unity was very easy overall. Some issues to deal with but part of that was figuring out how Unity handles stuff behind the scene. So it was a nice learning experience.

35. drag0nsphere

drag0nsphere

POST REMOVED

36. MikaMobile

MikaMobile

Zombieville USA Lite is now on the app store. Check it out if you haven't picked up the full version.

37. zumwalt

zumwalt

XVaders hits the shelf running :)

Finally got version 1.0.1 uploaded, waiting review, but once it goes live, here is the new in game screen shot!

Attached Files:

38. Diablohead

Diablohead

I've always liked Space Invaders but Atari might get a little angry, your aliens look exactly like their which usually means they will want the game removed.

39. zumwalt

zumwalt

I checked into that first, mine are made from 3d squares, not flat pixel images and they are not exact, let alone the colors, animation, the list goes on. That game is actually 3d, just looks 2d because of the orthographic camera representation, those things have depth to them. They are not sprites.

40. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Highly unlikely, since Space Invaders is by Taito. ;) I never heard from Taito about this, but it's very low profile, and if I were to try selling it I'd definitely redraw the graphics to look different. Especially considering this...otherwise it's just asking for a lawsuit. Doesn't matter if they're sprites or not, what matters is what they look like.

--Eric

41. KairosKinema

KairosKinema

My first game: iCrossbow

A very simple game but I think it's fun enough for $0.99 (not that anyone here has to buy it). You'll have to excuse the cluttered GUI, I know its not elegant or simple (elements in many good games) but again, this is my first attempt. :)

I really, really, REALLY wish Unity iPhone Indie allowed byte stripping. iCrossbow is a simple and hence small game in terms of game objects and sound files, so its frustrating to not be able to get it under 10 Mb and force people to have a Wi-Fi connection or iTunes on their computer to download it.

I know that when I'm browsing apps its usually because I'm bored and not near Wi-Fi, and if I can't download a game then and there I usually don't go back to it later.

Is there any way that you all at Unity would ever consider allowing us poor college students with a wife and newborn baby to byte strip with the Indie version?

I really think I'd get more sales if the app could be smaller (if its a simple app, of course).

Anyway, just thought I'd ask/beg...

Attached Files:

42. kenlem

kenlem

You won't be able to get under the 10MB limit even with byte code stripping. I don't think the size of your app if going to impact your sales dramatically.

43. drag0nsphere

drag0nsphere

44. UVRadiation

UVRadiation

45. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Aye ree indeed mon! :)

46. lima3b

lima3b

I am very glad that my Foosball 3D game is finally avaiable at the apps store.

Attached Files:

47. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Post an iTunes store link yo!

48. lima3b

lima3b

49. iCOOLgeeks

iCOOLgeeks

50. drjest

drjest