Search Unity

Unity iPhone Apps in the Store - List Yours Here

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by jeffcraighead, Nov 3, 2008.

1. marty

marty

Can we see SpaceRace anywhere right now, CraigHead?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Each of my first three submissions have been approved in about three days (twice I received notification on a Sunday, so those reviewers must be working some wacky hours).

However, my latest submission has been in review for two weeks. It might be considered too racy (it's a mocap'd dancing silhouette of a woman) - I submitted it as a widget to the Apple software download site a long time ago and that never got approved. (it's the Elektradance player on http://fugugames.com/ )

By the way, as part of my "product strategy" I updated the FuguMaze widget on the Apple software download site with a link to the App Store on the back panel, with the idea that people who like the widget will know to look for it on the App Store. That might be too subtle, though - I don't think people spend much time looking at the back panel.

3. Jeremy-Alessi

Jeremy-Alessi

I've checked out some of the other great Unity apps out there. One thing I noticed is that I cannot use Pizza Dash with my iPod Touch. Is there any word on this TouchSoft? What's the reason for not supporting the iTouch?

4. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Bubble Bang Lite is out since a few minutes. Lots of physics and totally free! Go try it! :)

5. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

6. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

7. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

8. BurningthumbStudios

BurningthumbStudios

iDrone is a UAV simulator that allows you to control an unmanned aerial vehicle, flying over a city, with your iPhone or iPod Touch.

Web Site Link:
    http://www.burningthumb.com/idrone.html

iTunes Link:
    itms://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=299463146

Attached Files:

9. benblo

benblo

10. gordonbaty

gordonbaty

11. marty

marty

Just curious ... can you folks maybe share some sales figures for your very impressive AppStore apps?

TIA!

12. Latzi

Latzi

Hi,

i will buy all the Games that are made with unity, but i think it must be not to be expensiv. So Prices under 1,50 € are okay and i will buy it.

@gordonbaty: If you reduce the price it will be cool. I think more people think like me. The Game looks nice.

greetings
    Latzi

13. Aubrey-Falconer

Aubrey-Falconer

14. col000r

col000r

15. gordonbaty

gordonbaty

@ Aubrey

You should check out the vehicle levels on Mass Effect - it reminded me of that. I seem to remember they had a useful feature where you could jump up in the air, to figure out where you wanted to go next.

Anyway all the best with the game, I enjoyed zooming around in the buggy.

16. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

Man, I just feel like whoever got assigned my app to review is SLOW/LAZY. It's taking forever. I wish that apple gave a bit more info on how the review process worked.

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

After a week in submission for my last app, I was surprised to receive a nice email from Apple saying something like it was taking longer than expected and they were still working on it. It's still in review, though.

18. Bones3D

Bones3D

Some of these delays may have been the result of a recent app store change. Apple has just now implemented sub-categories in it's app store listings!

19. CedarParkDad

CedarParkDad

Attached Files:

20. kenlem

kenlem

Attached Files:

21. User340

User340

22. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

23. ezone

ezone

The all new Crazy Snowboard 2.0 is now live in the App Store!!

We've increased the price to US$4.99 (but upgrades for those that got it for US$0.99 are free), so we'll see what impact that has on sales. Check out our product page:

Crazy Snowboard 2.0
    iTunes App Store Purchase Link

...and a couple YouTube videos:

30 sec Advertising Spot
    Gameplay Trailer

WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION:

- uses Unity iPhone 1.0.1 build
    - improved speed/performance
    - multiple gameplay modes
    - scoring and medals
    - 30 unlockable missions
    - 13 boards
    - 13 fully animated snowboarders
    - 16 configurable animated grabs/tricks
    - collectable items
    - 3 game save slots
    - 6 music tracks
    - new environments and backgrounds
    - dynamic lighting
    - detailed in-game instructions

24. AnimatorTom

AnimatorTom

25. kinl

kinl

Monkey Diving OUT NOW :)

Monkey Diving, prepare yourself for ultimate primate monkeypulco cliff diving challenge.

Touch your monkeys to make them dive and make sure you time your touch so your monkey land right on the deepest part of the wave for maximum points, however time it badly and your monkey will have a sore landing and you will loose a life.

There are three types of monkey in Monkey Diving:

Average Monkey - Falls faster than a feather and slower than a bag of smashed crabs.

Lycra Monkey - The slickest of all monkeys, cuts thought the air like a knife through butter, however in that outfit he has trouble getting into most restaurants.

Helium Monkey – Ex assistant of the great balloon sculptor of monkeypulco, he has a soft spot for helium and therefore suffers from wind but fends off gravity with ease.

Beware: these monkeys do get tired of waiting around and if you leave one of them for too long they will go “ape” and dive without any consideration of the waves position below.

How long can you last? what’s the highest score you can achieve? And how many monkeys does it take to change light bulb? Monkey Diving can answer at least two of those questions.

Monkey Diving is very easy to play, very difficult to master and even harder to put down!

Updates:
    We will endeavour to provide updates and new features with your feedback in mind, buy now at this low price, all updates will then be free.

Features:
    Touch multiple monkeys at once.
    Tilt direction influences your monkey’s trajectory.
    In game pause.
    Sound effects on or off.
    Current high score saved.
    Increasing difficulty.

app store link

Monkey Diving webpage and demo video

26. Charles Hinshaw

Charles Hinshaw

Hey ezone -- I just wanted to say that I checked out the update to crazy snowboard, and it is really nice. Much improved performance, and the best part is that the game is actually fun now. I hope others here who tried it in the beginning will download the update and maybe give it some reviews -- it is much more than the 2.5 star game that it is currently rated at.

27. AsylumHunter

AsylumHunter

28. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

Well I've been getting about 32 sales per day for the first three days for SpaceRace. How does that compare to everyone else?

29. benblo

benblo

Our app (moobox) is free but it's still stats: we've had 22k downloads so far (12 days so 1800/day).
    Started with 1300 to 2400 yesterday... hell I'll paste the full reports it's simpler.

We plan to change it to $1 over the holidays, we'll see how fast the count goes down... 2400 to 0 in one day probably?

Attached Files:

30. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

31. benblo

benblo

That's about 2% conversion rate, that's not so bad! Thanks for sharing.

32. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

OK, thanks. It looks like aside from the initial 150+ for days during release and updates 20-30 is ballpark. I've got another, simpler game in the works that may prove a better seller (we'll see) :D

33. blt3d

blt3d

Attached Files:

34. Erik.Hyrkas

Erik.Hyrkas

I don't have a URL for it yet since it just was put out at around 1:30 am my time. But if you search for Dusktreaders in the store you'll find it.

I appreciate all of the help we've had from this community (whether you know it or not, we learned a lot on these forums and think you guys rock.)

Thank you, Unity, for making such a stellar platform for us to build on.

For anybody interested, you can follow our progress at: http://www.dusktreaders.com/

Attached Files:

35. conair360

conair360

Hmm....1:30 am? You must be in a different time zone....also, when did you actually submit your game to iTunes Connect? Cause I wanted to get mine out before the holidays so I submitted a REALLY rough version about a week ago and it didn't make it in before the holidays..... :cry:

36. Erik.Hyrkas

Erik.Hyrkas

Oh, the URL ended up being:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300544944

We submitted our app on the 18th at 5am CDT. One mistake we made was to state the release date as the 18th also. As it turns out, the listing in iTunes for release date is not the day it becomes available -- it's the date you said it could be available.

On the Dec 23 at 8:01 pm CDT, we received an email saying that the status of our application had changed to "ready for sale" -- a very exciting moment -- so we updated our website, etc. It wasn't until about 1:36 am on the 24th that we were finally able to find it in iTunes by searching for it and the first purchases began (by those people who we emailed earlier in the evening.) It didn't finally get listed under a category until sometime around 10am -- at least that's when we found it.

Of course, we were really far down the list even when sorted by release date because of our mistake picking a date that we wanted it released not one that was the actual date it came out (as I mentioned earlier.) If only we had picked the 23rd as many applications did.

We've managed to reach the 53rd rank for adventure games in popularity -- which is a far cry from the top of the list yet. I actually don't even understand how this has happened because I'm shocked anybody knows we exist. No reviews have shown up for our app yet either -- so again, I'm not really sure how we've even risen to this point.

Since iTunes Connect is not available, I have no clue what our sales look like. I also can't change anything about the app. I'm nearly positive that we set the price at $3.99 even though it is showing up as $4.99 in the store. We agonized over it for at least a week -- and I don't believe I made a mistake while registering it (though it is possible.) I wonder if Apple just takes your price as a suggestion. I don't know. Maybe I did just make a mistake.

I do hope people enjoy our game and that we get constructive feedback to build on. I'm not sure how some games have managed to sell for only $0.99 -- since building a game isn't cheap.

Hopefully other people in the community find this information useful and can learn something from it -- even if it is in the sense of "what not to do."

-Erik

37. conair360

conair360

WOW Erik! Thats great!
    I'm off to buy it now!

38. zambezi

zambezi

39. fursund

fursund

Ooh zambezi looks nice... very much in the style of WipeOut...

40. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

I saw X-Razer the other day and I thought it looked like a Unity game! Nice going, I'll have to go ahead and buy it now. :D

41. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Wow, that was a christmas bump... :) unfortunately those were the free downloads...

42. conair360

conair360

43. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

Yea, re: Christmas bump. I went from ~20 a day to 300 on the 25th with tails on both sides. I've almost recovered my investment now. :D

44. scinfu

scinfu

45. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

I put two apps up for review in the last few days. See www.sargegames.com and hit the iFeathers and iBark links for a sample video and sounds of each. iBark is hit with the audio bug unfortunately, but works most of the time.

46. ProtonOne

ProtonOne

47. nic

nic

48. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Cool stuff. Would be nice to hear if you guys could post the next time how the sales develop.

49. bakno

bakno

I just found this thread. We have two apps running for couple of weeks now:

Billiards
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295881972

SpacePig
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=296190305

We want to thank Unity for such wonderful tool, and this great community for all your help.

Additionally we have a BilliardsLite version in which we would like to add a direct link to the App Store by using Application.OpenURL. However, it opens the browser first and then the App Store. But we have seen other games that open the App Store directly. Does anybody know how to do it?

50. jeffcraighead

jeffcraighead

Attached Files: