Search Unity

Master Server Question

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by charlesvi, Jul 30, 2012.

1. charlesvi

charlesvi

I'm just trying to see if I have this strait. I run the master server modifying a port or something so all the unity testers dont hook up to mine. Then I have a seprate project that is the game server and when I boot it up I have it say "master server I am a game server allow game XYZ to connect to me" Master server says okay then I boot up the game client and go hey I want to play to the master server. Master server gives me a list that includes the recently started server and then I go ahead and connect to that?

Is that the right jist of things? also is there any good way to make a game server in unity and then convert it into something light that can run on linux? (cheaper hosting)

2. bxboy15

bxboy15

This May Help
    [1]Download This http://www.mediafire.com/?gomq510tbqmkosk It Is The MasterServer.exe
    [2]Next Port Forward The Master Server's Port It Shud Be 23466 (If you dont no how to port forward just look it up on google or youtube)
    [3]Run The MasterServer.exe
    [4]Go In To Unity In A Script Add This ( MasterServer.ipAddress = "Put Your IP Here To Find Your IP Google What Is My IP"; )
    [5]You Are Done The MasterServer Need To Be Running If You Wont To Connect
    Hope It Helped :)

3. afastrunner

afastrunner