Search Unity

RCSIM RC Racing Simulation. My first try at "game making"

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by devotid, Jul 28, 2012.

1. devotid

devotid

Here is my first game with Unity3.5.2....and Unitycar 1.0 plugin. I just released an Open Beta Today!
    at the link below there is a Teaser Video, Free demo and the full version is only 15 USD.

I downloaded the free Unity Demo on about March 28, 2012 (my bday) about 4 months ago. i only knew how to "mod" other racing games and was proficient in photoshop and webdesign. I bought Unity PRO 30 days after that and then Playmaker visual scripting tool.

I only wrote about 50-60 lines of "actual" code in total.......in my whole project....... (i think i read about a million lines though....lol) The rest i "wrote" with the Playmaker FSM scripting tool...... which is MIND BLOWING once you get the idear.

If anybody is reading this wondering if you can build a game with NO coding experience.....you can....it is possible.........somebody makes a plugin for almost everything you need......and if they dont .........somebody will make it in a short time for a fee. I didnt even know what codeing really was when i started this 4 months ago........i still kind of dont....lol.

I hope you enjoy and if you have any suggestions or advice...... I would love to hear it. good or bad...... :)

There is a unreal amount of knowledge in these forums that can change your life......you just have to get started.

Thanks very much for looking.

Kevin

www.rcsimulation.com

2. GameReady3D

GameReady3D

Amazingly COOL.....it's very realistic looking. I've been playing with RC cars for a while. This is great for the RC community. Keep up the great work.

3. Photon-Blasting-Service

Photon-Blasting-Service

Looks great, very nice first project!

I've been playing with Playmaker for a prototype and love it too. Great plugin.

Suggestion:
    Add some particles to bring life to the environment. Dust from the tires, falling leaves, etc.

Also, some more contrast in the lighting would add some mood and variety. You have some nice environments that could shine even more.

Thumbs up!

4. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Looks amazing! Nice work :)

5. wccrawford

wccrawford

Very impressive! Congrats!

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Great stuff! I like the potential here.

7. devotid

devotid

nevermind ...fixed

thanks Pislar for helping me!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  8. devotid

devotid

Thanks for the nice comments.

Kevin

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  9. devotid

devotid

New update: www.rcsimulation.com/downloads.html

- MAC version is available now.
    - Demo and full game are now same download.
    - All new installer
    - New car physics
    - Custom Paint Loading system.

Kevin

10. devotid

devotid

I put up some other updates a while back and thought i would bump this to show them off.

I am also working on a new full scale Off road driving simulator that will be out sometime this summer.........i hope.

www.rcsimulation.com

JamesArndt likes this.
  11. Psyckosama

Psyckosama

This is inspirational.