Search Unity

RageTools and RageTools Pro in the Asset Store Madness - 40% and 50% discounts!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MaDDoX, Jul 26, 2012.

1. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

That's your chance to quit having to scale bitmap graphics and retouching them to fix artifacts, just to support that new device's resolution. Stop wasting minutes, even hours of your precious time re-importing bitmap assets and generating atlases - which misteriously get "lost" during development, requiring more patience-draining atlas generation. Step up your game with resolution-adaptive vector graphics! You probably already know that RageTools adds an impressive toolset to RageSpline, like SVG art import, advanced shape pivot centering options, dynamic vector GUI alignment and multiple group edit settings. You may also know that RageTools Pro provides you powerful smooth graphics deformation, the best 2D-IK system and the only "no Flash required" vector text generation for Unity.

What you might still not know it's which new features have been added recently and are either already included or about to go live (marked with asterisks):

(Click on image to see it in action)

- Perspective camera support
    - Shape Group visibility and opacity settings
    - *Hole detection and auto-slicing of compound shapes
    - *Advanced pooling system (new component: RagePool)

Pro

Art by Unity's Nicholas Francis

- Advanced multi-segment IK with interactive min and max angle constraints
    - IK "snap" settings, automatically add rotation ease-in-out to your animations (check tentacle movement)
    - *Vector sprite animation generation (new component: RageSprite)
    - *HOTween-integrated UI button controller with hover-in, hover-out and click actions (new component: RageButton)

Plus we have agreeded with Keely (RageSpline developer) to add cool new features to RageSpline, like full Farseer physics (Box2D port) integration, and Inkscribe-like 'smart point removal'. Scrap lame bitmap converters which call themselves "vector-based", or complicated external-dependent tools that don't even support all Unity platforms - the future is brighter than ever for real vector graphics right inside Unity. Will you miss out the train? :)

Time-limited offer: RageTools only $42, RageTools Pro only $40 (!!!)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Great discount ! Thanks for that

One question is it possible to use vectors as textures on a 3d model? That would be really cool

3. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Hi Lars. Right now you can use 2D vectors in the perspective view (3D rotated), but these shape groups have a fixed z order - that is, if you set a vector art to be "behind" another art, moving it to be in front in the 3D scene won't matter. So short answer is, if you're only using one or two vector textures that'll never overlap, yes, otherwise not yet.

Anyways, we're fully aware of how important that is, so we've just started work on a deep re-haul of the entire RageSpline rendering and polygon ordering system to get a full 3D-aware vector system. We've brought someone on board to work solely on that, and expect to have something ready to show in a couple weeks. Taking advantage of the Asset Store promotion automatically makes you eligible to all future updates with any additional costs, of course.

4. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thanks for the answer, I will pick up a copy, knowing that I can likely use vectors as textures on 3d models in a future update is a really cool bonus, It opens up so many possibilities.

I would love to try a style as in zelda and have all the graphics look perfectly smooth even up very close.

5. Dogcomplex

Dogcomplex

Do I need to get RageSpline and Rage Tools in order to get and use Rage Tools Pro? According to the website it needs those both to be previously installed just confused as usually the Pro version of something has all the other items within it already.

6. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Cool Lars, this kind of art style is exactly what we proudly offer you the possibility to create - it just doesn't make it justice when it's bitmap-blurry :) For the record, we already got "3D splines" working (thanks Coluna), a huge RageSpline breakthrough with more potential applications than what we can predict atm. It's like opening a huge pandora box, you'll have to see it to believe it - I'm currently working around the clock here to finish the next demo, sit tight! Automatic SVG import hole-generation is also done too (thanks Rafael), absolutely huge time saver that makes importing complex vector art easy and reliable.

Exactly Dogcomplex. Unfortunately the Asset Store doesn't provide us any easier way to do this currently, but we're investigating our options for a "mega-combo" product in the future. It wouldn't offer any extra other than having the three separate products installed, though.

7. p6r

p6r

PM sent...

6R

8. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Looking forward to Unity's new GUI system? How about a.. "time tunnel"? ;) Spanking new RageTools Pro demo up, showing 3D-compatible RageSplines and the new RageButton in action:
    http://www.freakow.com/ragetools/demos/timetunnelGUI-demo.html

Oh yeah, and of course it's all in resolution-adaptive vectors. Zoom at will :)

PS.: replied, 6R!

9. p6r

p6r

Yes, seen... Thanks a lot for the reply which explained a lot...

WOW ! Great 3D work !!!
    It already was a great asset and it will become better and better...

6R

10. imtrobin

imtrobin

I didn't look closely at RageTool Pro before, but now I am, do you have demos of the Rage IK, Magenet? I don't see them on the website. Does it work for mobile too?

11. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

I didn't update the website yet, but you can simply click each demo screenshot to see it in your webplayer. It does work for mobile (although I definitely don't recommend too many magnets being updated simultaneously for performance reasons), I'll cook up a couple .APK demos so you can check it in your own device.

12. p6r

p6r

Second part of RageTools scaling without losing graphics quality thanks to .svg format :

6R

13. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Nice again p6r :) Please notice that you can scale the earth and auto-adjust its anti-aliasing and subdivision, even in editor mode (before hitting play), by using Edgetune.

It's really simple, just check the Edgetune demo included in the project.

Keep having fun ;)

14. p6r

p6r

Thanks MaDDoX...
    OK ! I will try with Edgetune.
    (I thought it's a Unity issue because it adjusted well before and suddenly I had to click "Play" to see the adjustments !?!)

6R

15. MaDDoX

MaDDoX

Tomorrow is the last day of our super-promo guys! And now that we have acquired RageSpline from Juha Kiili and reduced RageSpline's cost to mere $55, you have until tomorrow to buy the entire suite for unbelievable $145 - almost 40% total savings from what it costed last month!

Don't miss out the opportunity, besides RageIk, RageText and RageMagnet, remember the game-changer RageSprite component will be included in RageTools Pro as a free upgrade :) If you haven't seen it in action yet, check its first demo:

16. rockysam888

rockysam888

I originally thought that RageTools pro includes all features of RageTools.
    It turns out that RageTools Pro is the add-on of RageTools.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  17. p6r

p6r

With RageSprite, does it mean we can use png sprites or/and svg sprites for animations ???
    Can't wait to use this...

6R

18. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

I must say I'm very happy with Ragetools pro , I own all the tools in the set , and the support is top notch !

On thing I did notice with Canvas align is that if you use a different camera( not the main cam) for your gui objects then you have to edit the code to select the camera via Camera.allCameras[] ; , this was very easy to do actually . Maddox is also a great help, I highly recommend this product !

19. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

For the next version of Ragetools can we get the option to pick the camera in Canvas Align , right now I kinda have to hack this in their using get all cameras and specifying what number camera to use .

This doesn't seem like it would be hard to implement, but for some reason when I try to add a new public var in the RageCanvas script, it doesn't show up in the inspector .