Search Unity

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. marcos

marcos

I'll give it a shot. It's probably just a balancing act of finding something that records in good quality, that doesn't slow down computer whilst painting and can handle hour-long recording sessions. Wish me luck! haha

Cheers!
    I was playing The Wolf Among Us and got inspired by the character work there. I guess it ended up being a less mean looking Ichabod Crane. Can see the similarities between the other two though! Always have Pixar stuff swirling around in my head somewhere.

2. XGundam05

XGundam05

I was bored, so I tried a quick speed model. No reference, just pushed vertices around. Came out to 980 tris.
    $random_thing.PNG

3. TBranan

TBranan

I've been working on some Mechanical Organism concepts for one of my team's projects. Any feedback would be helpful!

Here is the concept for a "mature" model.

$screen22-04-2014_22-06-34 1.png

And a "beastly" model.

$screen23-04-2014_17-37-05 1.png

They base design is actually modeled after Knight's armor. I can't go in too much detail, but the Organisms choose to base their styles and ideology off of medieval cultures.

4. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

New low poly original game ready character I made for fun. Rigged and only 3448 tris. Perfect for any game even a mobile platform game.

WebPlayer Demo (Dropbox)

Character Description: DaHoop is a legendary basketball player that never lost a single 1 on 1 game before. He is called DaHoop because he literally is in control of the basketball hoop when on the playing field.

Check out the "making of" over here to see how I created this character from start to finish:
    Making Of "DaHoop"

Ok, I think its time for me to move onto my next game project now. I have just been creating all these random characters for fun recently. :)

5. marcos

marcos

2 hours.

6. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

Not sure if this is really "art".... working on pre-integrated subsurface scattering. Supports any custom "tissue color" (affects scattering of each red, green, and blue channel)
    $SkinShaders.png
    On the left, a dead guy or maybe a vampire/zombie/thing. His tissue color is set to a bluish tint, since he doesn't really have blood pumping through his veins.
    In the middle, normal guy. Tissue color set to an orangy-pinkish tint (scatters red light more than anything else).
    On the right, standard Bumped Diffuse shader in Unity for comparison.

7. marcos

marcos

Process from latest painting:

This uses OBS, video quality is so much better! Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  8. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

I've been running into some problems with my sprites for 100 Orcs. I feel like I lose all the character detail and it almost becomes unrecognizable on a small mobile screen. So I've made some adjustments in hopes of preserving some detail while giving it a good feel. Let me know what you think.

This one is at 256 x 256
    $100 Orcs Hero-01.png

This is the sprite size on a mobile screen.
    $100 Orcs Hero-0164x.png

Compared to the original image:

$Old Hero 64.jpg

Attached Files:

9. aeth_dz

aeth_dz

10. Mister-D

Mister-D

$mercenary1.jpg
    ive made a paratrooper

11. nipoco

nipoco

A little Portrait.
    $Portrait2.png

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  12. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

13. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

@Nipoco, I love that painting! Very nice and well done to. The girl is beautiful and has so much character.

Spent my morning modeling a new low poly character for a secret new game project I have plans for.

texturing now

14. mcunha98

mcunha98

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  15. wrm186

wrm186

Haven't really posted in quite awhile now, but here is a 1983 Dodge firetruck that is going to be used in a game I am currently making, hopefully this one will be one of the few I complete haha...
    Red:
    $Firetruck.png
    Black:
    $Firetruck1.png

16. FlorianSchmoldt

FlorianSchmoldt

OH! I'ts me again. Ready for take off

WEBPLAYER

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    balaam likes this.
  17. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

I know this belongs more into the Game Thread but cosidering is 90% visuals I'll just post it here.I re-wrote some parts of the Unity Space Shooter Tutorial to fit a 3D Game.Everything used in the scene is taken from the Asset Store and then assembled to make a nice space scene.I will replace the models and such later.

Everything made in Unity Free.

$screen.jpg

18. Mister-D

Mister-D

looks cool florian, would love to see a webplayer where i could fly a character around with that jetpack :)

19. mcunha98

mcunha98

20. FlorianSchmoldt

FlorianSchmoldt

21. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Havent been really active here as much as I use to be but I'm working on something in the shadows of course. :)

Heres an early preview. For now I call him Beach guy. The main character for my next unannounced game. (Its pretty much a game I am making up as I go)

Still need to fix up some parts of the texture and im working on animations right now. Will start my own thread once I have more to show.

Also I like the toon look the texture has but I don't know if I will keep that look for the actual game project. Later on I will post some screens of the character with bumped spec shader/bumped diffuse/ etc. Right now its just unlit. Just the texture.

22. AgentMrBig

AgentMrBig

My first post, Ever. I spent some time looking over this thread and you guys are good, lots of good artwork coming from this community. Thought I'd share some of my progress. I'm working on so many things I don't know what direction I'm going. The two things at the top of my list are a few packs I'm working on. I'm creating an alien pack, with different types of aliens mostly humanoid that will include bits of alien tech and I am toying with the idea of a ride-able type of alien vehicle that's more like a mech than a vehicle. I'm thinking the finished pack may have 4 fully textured and animated alien species. And I'm working on a turret or gun battery pack, not sure what to call it yet. Still a ways to go but here's how far I am.

Classic kind of like a grey alien. (there will be a lot more variety as I progress with different species)
    $alien1.png

This is just a snapshot of a few pieces for the weapons pack, This one will be like modern "realistic" type.
    $Weapons1.png

23. marcos

marcos

Quick little sculpt, very rough. Based off a Scarpella sculpt I saw.

24. Rafael-Barbosa

Rafael-Barbosa

Slowly getting better : )

$10308166_706654949373858_7187817033934031035_n.jpg

25. clearrose

clearrose

While, here's some things I've been working on...

First, a wip of an random knight character I've been painting in photosh9op. between college assignments. Still needs a lot of work on anatomy though, anyways critique it fire them missiles !

And finally a Zbrush sculpt for my game, this guy is going to be the first boss battle. Then in later levels is going to be a more common enemy. Still working on the actual sculpt, I've got to ad texture to the surface of the sculpt and then poly paint and finally re-topo !

26. marcos

marcos

Did some more work on this:

27. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Nice, very intriguing, and great sense of translucency!

28. mcunha98

mcunha98

@Rafael

Get better (melhorou)

29. marcos

marcos

Thank you! I need to push the cloth further, it's still very blocky and early.

Calling this done, I think. Need to actually send off this updated reel at some stage:

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  30. tweedie

tweedie

Been a while since I've posted anything, been cooped up with school work and exam prep!

Anyway, first time using Sculptris today - cool stuff! Feels very natural. Did some speed sculpting to get used to the program, made this guy in about 45 mins + 30 mins of endless tweaks and procrastination. Fairly happy with it, might retopo him and work in some finer detail :)

Please excuse the roughness of the collar bones, it was a quick sculpt and I wanted to focus more on the face.

$Render 04.jpg $Render 03.jpg $Render 05.jpg

--Marcos, good work on the Azog sculpt, looks great! :D That figure/veil sculpt is also looking superb.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  31. marcos

marcos

Thanks, man!
    Excellent sense of weight and anatomy on your dino/lizardman :)

Shameless crosspost, Parasol just got approved by Apple! Releases May 22!

www.markybola.com

32. Ippokratis

Ippokratis

Congrats marcos :)

33. tweedie

tweedie

Thanks very much for the kind words, Marcos! :D And awesome to hear about parasol! I'll definitely be downloading it - thought it looked great from the start :)

34. Rafael-Barbosa

Rafael-Barbosa

Another concept art.

$Futuristic scify female.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  35. bgivenb

bgivenb

Some shameless cross-promotion from my original thread

$Dryer1.png

Modeled in blender

Also: $GreatNewFlavor.png

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  36. darkeyes

darkeyes

Just testing out some of the newer tools in 3D Coat...

... as well as the physical based shadering pipeline with Substance Designer - looking forward to getting into the physical based stuff in Unity 5 :D

More info HERE.

37. bgivenb

bgivenb

Those are looking great!

38. mcunha98

mcunha98

39. HolBol

HolBol

Not happy with how the dress turned out, but here we are anyway.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  40. mcunha98

mcunha98

Update...

41. chronos78

chronos78

Played around with a new shader today. Going for a sketchy cartoony look similar to Valkyrie Chronicles. The character isn't mine just using it for testing.

[video=youtube_share;GcfhENAyROs]http://youtu.be/GcfhENAyROs​

And here's what it looks like with textures applied.

$SketchCartoon01.png

42. bgivenb

bgivenb

43. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

So I started working on my next game project over the past two weeks. I only created the main character and a prototype level so far. I will start my own thread for the game down the road once I have some actual levels and gameplay to show.

You play as this guy who has a gun that fires beach balls... Thats all I have to say about my next game for now :)

Webplayer demo

Main character: Beach Ball shooter

Weapon of choice: The Beach ball Cannon.

shoot beach balls....

cause destruction....

I know what your thinking but it will be a lot cooler once I explain it more later on and introduce some of the other characters I have planned :)

44. NomadKing

NomadKing

That's a very cool looking shader effect!

I think it looks better on the none-textured model than the textured one, although that sort of look probably wouldn't work well in a complex game scene.

45. Mister-D

Mister-D

$buggyrender.jpg
    a buggy ive made
    $buggyrender.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  46. mcunha98

mcunha98

Finished

47. bgivenb

bgivenb

Microwave
    $screen10Done.jpg

48. tweedie

tweedie

@mcunha98 Good job man, nice texture work! I really admire your passion for this project, it's been going on for some time now, but you're still constantly churning out models! :D Keep up the good work!

49. bgivenb

bgivenb

$naturalGraphics.jpg
    Magazine prefab

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  50. tweedie

tweedie

Another quick Sculptris Sculpt. Really interested in taking this guy further. As you can see, heavily influenced by Bioshock.

$RenderAssortment.png