Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Small Works Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by Tim-C, Jul 26, 2012.

1. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Here is a little something that I have been working on for my game Project Champion... So much work to do on this model... but I am getting used to the new version of ZBrush... and I will say, I am very impressed... I still need to work on the low poly version of this model... Check out my thread for more to come...

$BladeWIP.png

DBarlok and Flickayy like this.
  2. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Epic!!!

3. Farfarer

Farfarer

Nice work Florian :)

Skin tone feels like to changes between the head and the body, though. I'd expect to see more of the same shade on the arms if it's a tan.

4. fivearchers

fivearchers

Less than half an hour messing around with the new Zbrush 4r4 tools:

Bottom half is 100% impractical for a game ;)

DBarlok likes this.
  5. ivanzu

ivanzu

FINISHED!

6. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

I wonder if you find interresting to have a package based on hand painted cold steel ?

More screens Here

Thank you for your criticism and comments

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  7. TehWut

TehWut

Looking good ivanzu!

8. Finjitzu

Finjitzu

Impressive! I probably could've used that for my Hover Bike game. Mine are pretty lame...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  9. TehWut

TehWut

let's hope this works out! Texture is mediocre at best, but I'm givin' it all I got!

anyone guess who it is?

10. ivanzu

ivanzu

Slenderman :D

11. Alex Cruba

Alex Cruba

6thousend ~ Upcoming RTS-RPG Diary
    Actual Alltime Webplayer: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/88222575/6thousend_playing_field_test.html

Ok, so after reading much rules and news I hope and think it's ok to post here - because some people asked me to put webplayers online to follow the progress of 6thousend. I don't know how to update here and I also think it does not make sense, so for general updates visit my blog shown in my signature, please.

6thousend will be an free, offline rts-rpg for pc - influenced by Blade Runner's asian touch and the quietness of 2010. You will start on a single plate (completely darkness, just some kind of bengal firework) and be able to do housing and terraforming (after hard hard work hehe), hack and slash oriented stuff. This way you will build your own world. Sure this concept will force to be a mmorpg later (later means around next 1000 years after reading more tutorials and having more frustration with not working things).

Of course there will be a character moving around in this whole mess. The character will hopefully have a completely new way of handling. Controlled by mouse, but not only stupid walk-stop. I hope to get rid of my idea to control the character more detailed by mouse. concept is done and the technical part is not that impossible in my mind.

2012*July*29
    - Buildings don't spawn at y0 again - they spawn at ground level.
    - The ability to click a cell several times to get additional plates is disabled now.
    - housing button just count set buildings now
    - Building menu has scrollbar now
    - Building menu switch button added to switch between building and plateforming mode

Bugs
    - You could select more than one cell at the moment after the menu opens.
    - The end of scrollbar is hardcoded and not dynamic.

2012*July*26
    The emergency plate has 4 cells atm. You could choose (yellow hover) and click them (red mark). Clicking a cell will open the building menue. At the moment the aviable plates are set to 5000 for testing. To place a new plate just click next to a plate to place another one. The final game will have extremly other dimenstions. This dimenstions (really small plate with only 4 cells) ist just for testing.

Snapping functionality and rts building placement
    It's not a scriptbased snapping and placement function. No use of raycasthit, no position counting stuff or something else. Every new placed plate is independend through prefab swapping, to avoid broadcast effects from clone to clone. The dummy buildings are prefabs that could have additional scripts on later to force counting up values or activate other effects.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  12. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Some very impressive stuff lately guys! Keep it up :L

13. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Working on a quest system. I'm keeping the visual theme consistent with my message window, but putting a bit more advanced code behind things.

Instead of having a game object with DontDestroyOnLoad() and some duplicate-object checking, I've implemented a Singleton quest log class. Pretty much, this Quest Log floats in the Ether (which restores 20 MP!), and NPCs, when engaged in conversation, add quests to the log. This dialog is only a presenter that interfaces with the Quest Log.

I'm working on getting a prototype actually working, so it can be seen in motion.

Attached Files:

14. kalamona

kalamona

Hello,
    I am preparing a new pack, that consists a lot of "small animals". These animals are not monsters or enemies, but part of the environment. So they are not as detailed and don't have as much animations as some monsters in the asset store. On the other side they are still an integral part of an outdoor scene.

Currently there are 4 types: rat, snake, butterfly, dragonfly. A bumblebee is almost ready too.

WEBPLAYER DEMO

My other ideas are: bat, chicken, little bird, cat, small turtle, crab, scorpion, frog, spider, squirrel. I have a lot of ideas, but limited time, so I won't do all these. What do you think, what would be needed in a pack like this?

Cheers,
    Kalamona

rame16 likes this.
  15. AlexZimich

AlexZimich

Hello!
    Sorry for the large images
    Just wanted to show some of my work since the last forum post, its been a while
    I hope you enjoy them

16. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Mech boss for our current project! Still not completely done, few fixes to do but I thought it was worth sharing.

17. pkid

pkid

Nice.

18. DayyanSisson

DayyanSisson

Nice, what is the poly count for each model?

19. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Very cool!

20. ATNEDev

ATNEDev

Angry Bots clone?

21. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

It is currently around 17k, will be lowered to around 12k when I start optimizing. Still have to finish.

22. ivanzu

ivanzu

You could bake the normal map on the low poly and get 4k.

23. sakunia

sakunia

Finished my mage character
    here is a screenshot with the other character i made so far.

Real time in unity3D with the toon shader, lighted outline.

Now I'm going to make some buildings for an environment

Feedback is welcome

Sakunia

24. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Yeah of course. :p

25. kalamona

kalamona

sakunia: great characters! I was doing something similar, now I will look like a total copycat :/

26. sakunia

sakunia

Thanks for the comment, don't worry about that! just enjoy making art ^_^

27. HolBol

HolBol

Here's something I've been working on over the past few days. I got the main inspiration from Portal (1 + 2), and it's just a big hanging robot AI thing. The whole model weighs in at 7076 tris.

Enjoy! Now for the texturing... *screams*.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    Flickayy likes this.
  28. Duskling

Duskling

Reminds me of glad0s :3

29. Alex Cruba

Alex Cruba

It's pure animation or have simple ai so rats don't crash into stones and such stuff? Do the pets have any value?

30. chippy-cheese

chippy-cheese

View attachment 36866

Made in blender
    1170 faces
    This is my pocket knife of mine. i am going to put it in my fps zombie game.

31. kalamona

kalamona

No AI, just simple scripts that move them. If there would be a stone or anything, the animals would go through them. The main value of the pack is the models/animations/textures, not the scripts or the behavior, they are present just to better showcase the animals.

32. FlorianSchmoldt

FlorianSchmoldt

Thanks !
    Yeah, she still needs tweaks, The head texture was based on photos while the body was a loose mudbox paintover.
    I guess she will get clothes anyway but it just feels good, if everything underneath is in place

Btw...If anyone is interested, here's a free model.
    She comes as fbx, obj and 3dsMax2012 File. Textures included, not rigged.
    The mesh is done to be subdiveded but relaxing some edges, would make her a useable lowpoly character.

Feel free to show the results, if you intergrated her in a project.

She's based on princess Stephanie from the tv series Lazy Town, so you might want to change some colors.
    I was allowed to model the character but not allowed to use the likeness of the actress. Weird stuff.
    Nevertheless, the project got cancelled and I don't need the model anymore.

...and DONT just put her in the asset store ! At least not for money

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36367206/Steph.rar

cheers
    Florian

33. Duskling

Duskling

Oh god you have given me nightmares.

34. FlorianSchmoldt

FlorianSchmoldt

:D

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/RoseForSharyn/lazytown%20gifs/F***YeahLazyTown.gif

Flickayy likes this.
  35. cupsster

cupsster

Nice one Florian! :D

36. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Civil War Cannon High Poly

Should I take it in Zbrush and sculpt some other details?

EDIT:Replaced image

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  37. ivanzu

ivanzu

test render :-|

38. Alex Cruba

Alex Cruba

I really wish I had the money to force you to do some stuff for me... Just great...

39. galent

galent

I don't know who granted the permission, but assuming it was the studio/ip holder they own the rights to the fictional character but not the license to use the actress' likeness beyond the recorded show and show clips for promotional purposes. It usually more of an issue with highly popular actors, like Hanna Montana/ the girl or Will Smith vs his characters.

Cheers

40. feloxy

feloxy

Well this is a little something I did for my game, not as cool as your other stuff :p

Attached Files:

41. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

Working on some modular pieces again and i am not sure about the design of the wall pieces, especially number 5 i am not sure about it.

some advice?

$Unbenannt-1.jpg

42. svog

svog

the last one seems more like the door of an elevator than a wall...

A Warrior i'm working on right now(the hair is just a concept)

43. NomadKing

NomadKing

I think your right about number 5 - a wall with lots of this tile next to each other would just end up looking very stripy! ;)

44. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Finished low-poly :D

45. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

little update on the exterior/interior modular set.

exterior nearly done, still missing: stairs, small additions, the small window a better diffuse/normal/specmap.

webplayer

$Unbenannt-2.png

46. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

Looking good Schlumpf... I feel like it doesn't look quite as sci-fi as your interior set or the last building test you did, though. With the exception of the doors and windows, and maybe the column-y doodads on the front, the architecture looks largely like something I'd see today, like a bank or something. I think part of it might have to do with the predominance of griddy square patterns and not enough angles, bezels and interesting features in the textures.

47. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

i understand what you mean. the hard part is to have nice "sci-fi" angle with a modular set, so everything fits together.
    iwill "pimp" the texture up with details soon, so it will feel more like a metal building. i am not really happy with the texture tho (color and stuff) still have to find a good design.

thanks for the crits :)

48. NomadKing

NomadKing

I understand your pain - I've been doing some work with modular pieces recently and you suddenly find yourself running into all kinds of restrictions to make it all work in the end! Hopefully the benefits outweigh the compromises in the end :)

One of the tricks I've found is to making it seem less tile-like is to move the boundaries of where my panels connect to between sections rather than confined to a single piece - I have some repeat at quarter spacing, others at half and even some at thirds and it seem to be working quite well so far (If that doesn't make sense I can probably dig out a screenshot)

49. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

i understand it, the problem is, it is for the asset store and while i am able to make a modular set for me to use it could be a pain in the *** for other to use it.
    i have to find a solution that is easy to use, but still looks good.

50. cupsster

cupsster

Grid your best friend must be.. Master Yoda said. :)