Search Unity

"Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie" not unloading movie after complete

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by BMStory, Jul 11, 2012.

1. BMStory

BMStory

Hey All,

I'm trying to load a full screen movie and have it unload after its complete, but it seems to just unload and just go to a black screen. Any way to fade it out, bring it back to my scene, or have it stay on the last frame of the video?

Here's my code:

Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie ("LightVideo.mp4", Color.black, FullScreenMovieControlMode.CancelOnInput);

Thanks!

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

No, you have no control over it.
    Its normally played and goes away at its end.

For anyhting beyond that you will need to go to objc and implement an own movie playback or invest in a 3rd party plugin i fear

3. BMStory

BMStory

That's what I figured, but for some reason it doesn't even go away at the end...It just stays on to a black screen. Is that normal?

4. BMStory

BMStory

Ok...got it figured out! It looks like it was Vuforia's AR camera that was causing the problem. I destroyed the camera and swapped ina standard one and it looks like it unloaded fine. Thanks!

5. aciang

aciang

Hello,

I have the same problem..
    destroying ARCamera is not an option for me as I still need ARCamera.

Is there another workaround?

6. sebrk

sebrk

I have the same problem. It is definitely the ARCamera but everything crashes if I disable it.

7. TechDevTom

TechDevTom

BMStory thank you! I was having trouble with this. What I did was move the script that was controlling my scene from the ARCamera onto another game object, then told the script to disable the ARCamera entirely (Transform ARCamera, ARCamera.gameObject.active = false) before playing a movie and then straight away afterwards I re-activated the ARCamera.

Works like a charm, thanks again BMStory =D