Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error Launching Unity Player

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by contas, Jul 4, 2012.

1. urtel

urtel

all that quiet sse support drop and switch to sse2 can be easy done with just couple of code lines, here is from me free of charge

try{

asm{
    // first SSE2 instruction call
    sqrtsd xmm0, ds:qword_105E4048
    cvtsd2ss xmm0, xmm0
    movss dword_106F3048, xmm0
    retn}

catch(exception ex){
    showmessage("We have problem starting unity player, do your CPU support SSE2 instructions? \n "+ex.message());
    }

It is shame how much mine and other people time is lost because of 2 lines of code!

Adobe did same thing with flash player, so if your browser crash like mad on sites which worked fine up to flash player version 11xx be sure not to do as i did and lose month of your time by reinstall linux, browsers, plugins, check you disks, RAM or anything it is just quiet drop of old instruction set and lazy programing missing 2 lines of code...

or it is maybe deliberately to force you to put in trash your old but totally working office machine, but we will leave that to conspiracy theory buffs... :)

2. atlantean233

atlantean233

Right click on your browser icon, click "Run as Administrator". Win. :))

3. vaghelan

vaghelan

Hi,

I have the same problem. I keep getting the error
    "Failed to load Unity.dll", when I load unity in the browser.

I uninstall and reinstall with
    UnityWebPlayer.exe /S /AllUsers

But it seems like it is not able to install all the files. Missing folders are "mono" and "player". But I copied manually into C:\program files\Unity\Web player\ folder but no help.

UnityInstall snapshot and error snapshots are attached.
    $UnityInstallError.JPG
    $UnityError.JPG

Browser I am using is Firefox. I have tried with IE also and two errors. (snapshot attached).
    $IEUnityError.JPG

Even when I am prompted with "Install manually", I installed it but same error.

I am not able to come out the vicious cycle. Can someone help please ?

4. vaghelan

vaghelan

I have tried all the solutions like "running as administrator". Running install "as admin". But still same problem.

5. TRMac

TRMac

I am having the same issue as of today, yesterday I did not.

We are having the error 'Error launching Unity Player - Failed to copy Unity dll.' when my daughter tries to play on her account at 'www.Jumpstart.com'. I read through and tried everything suggested on this post and we still are getting the error on both Firefox (version 23.0.10) and Internet Explorer (version 10).

Several times I cleared the internet temp files, uninstalled and re-installed the unity player manual, rebooted, ran and installed the latest Microsoft patches, and everything else suggested in this post and still getting this same error.

Our machine has Windows 8 Pro (64 bit) with a 3.6 quad processor and 4 GB ram. Someone please help!

6. Atmek40256

Atmek40256

Sorry Do you have the same for mac OSX 10.5.8?
    If yes can you give it to me because i''ve got the same problem like Contas...
    I've try the step that you posts but it's not working.

Thanks,
    Aymerick

7. Javis

Javis

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  8. mrbiceps

mrbiceps

Not sure if anyone is still trying to get this to work or not, but I was having the same issue and found that running Google Chrome browser as an administrator fixed the issue for me.

9. eajun

eajun

$bandicam 2013-11-15 16-15-06-687.jpg

hello Chris, pls help me...Unity web player requires DX9 level graphics card. I don't know how to fix it and what i have to do ? Please help

10. eajun

eajun

Unity web player requires DX9 level graphics card. I don't know how to fix it and what i have to do ? Please help

View attachment 74994

11. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Try installing the latest drivers for your graphics card and check if it is actually DX9 compatible.

12. tibor89

tibor89

13. RainyShadow

RainyShadow

Well, play Flash games...

14. zune nebula

zune nebula

I am unable to download unity web player , by that I mean even the download page doesn't open on my browser
    PS none of you mentioned alternate download links worked for me

15. Seronax

Seronax

Guys i just found a way to fix this annoying bug! I reinstalled the software and a lot more things but nothing worked...until i run my Firefox on administrator and checked my game link back..and it worked...no more error no more problem..if u run your internet browser on administrator mod the problem will be solved!

16. sumacruz

sumacruz

maybe its need java

17. infomage27

infomage27

Got this error out of the blue on XP SP3 as well (Unity v3 used to work before. v4 has different issues)

After reinstalling the web player (latest) and then the full version, dug in the logs and discovered that it's looking in a folder called ...\3.x.x\...
    but the ACTUAL folders on my machine are all called ...\Stable3.x.x\...

made copies with the correct name, it works again.

18. SnowyLolz

SnowyLolz

Okay so I have been having a lot of trouble right now with the games I want to play so here's my problem

There is a game called Attack on Titan tribute game by fenglee http://fenglee.com/game/aog/
    And When I load the game, it goes halfway through the loading bar and then it gives me this error $Help please.PNG I don't know what to do, I played this game before it worked for me only once but now it's not being co-oporative, please help me.

19. Angelz

Angelz

friends and community unity player managers found the solution to the problem. I use windows xp not even if it works in other windows functions
    follow the steps below to solve the problem

Start -> All Programs -> Administrative Tools -> services -> services of Terminal Services -> properties -> set automatic-> restart computer ...

and the problem will be solved ready :) I hope all this can serve them.
    Worked for me and now I can play my favorite game "DeadFrontier"

greetings from chile

20. RainyShadow

RainyShadow

Thanks for the try, but this is bullsh!t, it won't solve the SSE2 requirement, which this topic was about.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  21. GVRes

GVRes

Bueno he estado viendo que a muchas personas les pasa esto asi que eh decidido hacer un video para ayudaros a todos espero haberos ayudado aqui esta el link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r-89Rbi6qVM

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  22. subrata

subrata

i think you are using internet download manager(IDM) and this guy is causing the problem :rolleyes: so go to idm>downloads>option and uncheck the browser that you are using from the integration list :p it will solve the problem :)

23. Ramazoid

Ramazoid

In my Windows 8:
    C:\Users\ < It's me))) > \AppData\Local\Temp\UnityWebPlayer\log in one of the "log_xxx....xxx.txt" i found string:

Unable to load mono library from "C:/Users/ < It's me))) > /AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/mono/Stable3.x.x/mono-1-vc.dll" (error = 5).

Then I have go to this file, and correct this f-king security properties so, than user "Everyone" now can make love with this endlessly...
    And all is now played.

--------------

У меня Windows 8:
    В логах по адресу C:\Users\ < It's me))) > \AppData\Local\Temp\UnityWebPlayer\log в одном из файлов "log_xxx....xxx.txt" я нашел строчку:

Unable to load mono library from "C:/Users/ < It's me))) > /AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/mono/Stable3.x.x/mono-1-vc.dll" (error = 5).

Тогда я пошел к указанному файлу, свойства-->безопасность-->дополнительно и обнаружил, что у Everyone какие-то особые права на этот файл, внизу кнопка - выключить наследование. Выключил. Двойной клик на Everyone и у него стало возможным проставить галочки на все права.

После этого все заработало.

Видимо при инсталляции на некоторых системах криво прописываются права доступа для компонентов плеера. Это грустно.

24. shadowbone11

shadowbone11

Mine say error loading page and the peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

25. shoman

shoman

unity web player is working now cool with chrome>>>u have to but the file of data ,lib and webplayer_win with wrap_oal into your browser and in windows system 32...i did it and now working with me

26. spirit13

spirit13

im having the same problem with attack on titan tribute game and I don't know what to do to fix the problem

27. Philomorph

Philomorph

Here's what I did to fix it, thanks to clues from other posters in this thread:

Looked at the log file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\UnityWebPlayer to find the error:

loader: unity dll not found:

C:/Users/<username>/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/player/Stable3.x.x/webplayer_win.dll

So I found the mentioned file "webplayer_win.dll" and changed the security on it for user "Everyone" to Full Access.

This resolved the problem.

28. manfranz

manfranz

I have an i7 pentium q740 that supports even sse4 but web player doesn't work.
    When I do the istallation it's like cant istall dll..infact here C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Unity/WebPlayer/ I find only the unistaller.exe!!
    very strange..Of course I've istalled everything ad admin..

29. Mob.Vesta1337

Mob.Vesta1337

Hey. I need some support.
    I have got Unity for game making and it is impossible to launch it.
    Just in very of begginig, after pressing "create new project", it always Stopps and drops me an error report.
    I do not know what it is about so I close it every single time.
    Maybe somebody found a solution of same problem?

(Sorry for grammar ;] )

30. Bones086

Bones086

I just encountered the unity dll error. Win 7 Ult....

Change the permissions on:

C:/Users/<username>/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/WebPlayer/player/Stable3.x.x/webplayer_win.dll

Problem solved

31. X_BURNER

X_BURNER

This only works for some people

32. orionfts

orionfts

Close all web explorer before run it
    Go to [X]:\Users\[user]\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\WebPlayer and run "UnityWebPlayerUpdate.exe"
    This work for me
    [X]: Disk Unit where you have folder Users
    [user]: user where was installed unity web player

33. wawa961

wawa961

I am having a problem with castiville I am using windows 7

34. gemetg

gemetg

if u using win7 100% work
    -

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      59.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      74.3 KB
      Views:
  35. chezter_chez

chezter_chez

hi guys., i don't know that this is the right place to ask help for my problem but i'm frustrating..

few days a go i just open contract wars like i always do, but suddenly there is some issue that says "failed to download data file"..
    - i'm using chrome and already try another browser
    - disable IDM -> i think not the problem
    - NO antivirus
    - already clear all change and cookies, etc.. (i barely try anything on forum suggestion)
    - I got 3 - 4 Mbps internet access with lenovo G40-70 (had no problem before)
    - running on windows 8.1
    - here the SS

should i made a new thread, or just lay down here waiting for solution desperately?

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  36. Arishtanemi1998

Arishtanemi1998

37. chezter_chez

chezter_chez

38. WillRivendell

WillRivendell

Anyone who still has this issue, I tried all the suggestions and still couldnt get it to work.
    The permissions was the key for me though but I needed to change on the folder not the file.

Go to C:\Users\[user]\AppData\LocalLow\
    Right click on the Unity folder
    Go to Properties
    Go to Security
    Click EDIT > ADD
    Type EVERYONE and hit check names
    Hit OK
    With everyone highlighted, click FULL CONTROL

Press ok.

Try again.

39. speed-killer

speed-killer

is the web proble isit? i wasted 5 hours to finsih all.....but sitll can not play

40. speed-killer

speed-killer

41. speed-killer

speed-killer

42. alfasharky

alfasharky

This why would not work when played?
    while I've put the license key in the database

Attached Files:

43. susancraft3

susancraft3

I am using Torch and play Castleville Legends through facebook. The past few days I have received this error message.
    Fatal Error : RangeError: Error #1506
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/vfprintf()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/fprintf()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN4_rw10__rw_tjrpwEiz()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN4__rw0__rb_treelPKcSt4pairlKS2_iENS
    _11__select1stlS5_S2_EEN9ShaderLab14CStringCompareESalS5_EE11_C_get_linkEv()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_ZN9ShaderLab16FastPropertyName4lnitEPKc()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_GLOBAL__l__ZN10GUITexture15InitializeClassEv()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/invoke_constructors_of_globalvalues()
    at com.unity::UnityNative$/_Postlnit()
    at com.unity::UnityContentInternal/postlnitNative Environment()
    at com.unity::UnityContent/checkAndStartEngine()
    at com.unity::UnityContent/onFramelnitStep()

On some of the l letters I didn't know if it was a capital i or a small L but hope I got all the rest of it right. I checked it over. But, this is what appears on the screen in the area the game should load.

I tried to download Unity5 and couldn't at first but finally got that. Not sure if it will work. Was able to load game this afternoon but it was a f3 version of Unity. I didn't get the complete value because the game was so slow I couldn't get that screen to load again. I hope you can help me with this. I have already lost 4 days and sadly this month spent more money on the game than I could afford.
    Thank you!

44. Vescker

Vescker

Some time ago at me game Unity too ceased to be started. I deleted and anew I established Unity Web Player, any result. "failed to load unity dll" Windows XP SP3. somebody can help me?

45. Vescker

Vescker

The friend helped me to solve a problem which I described in the message above, and now I will tell as we made it

46. Vescker

Vescker

we follow the link:
    http://soft.mydiv.net/win/download-Unity-3D.html
    we press to DOWNLOAD (it is allocated red on the image)

We select the item "download from our site" (it is allocated red on the image)

We open the downloaded file.

primimay license agreement,
    we clean ticks, we leave only Unity Web Player. We establish.

IN TOTAL! personally helped me, everything works (Windows XP SP3)

47. Vescker

Vescker

here - everything works))

48. Vescker

Vescker

try in my way

49. Vescker

Vescker

50. Mornar

Mornar

I have the same problem. Fail to lunch unity player. I have read this discussion but nothing.
    Im using windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
    Here is some log information from address on my computer: "C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Unity/WebPlayer/mono/Stable3.x.x/mono-1-vc.dll" (error = 998).
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks

160217 22:42:43 ------------------------------------------------------------
    160217 22:42:43 Instance starting, version 5.3.2f1_e87ab445ead0, UNITY_WEB_ENABLE_AUTODOWNLOAD: 1, GetDisableAutoUpdates(): 0
    160217 22:42:43 Datafile http://unity3d.com/profiles/unity3d/themes/unity/resources/webplayer/setup/Cacheadmin-3.x.x.unity3d
    web: player version 4.6.6f2
    web: load mono
    Unable to load mono library from "C:/Users/Mom/AppData/Local/Unity/WebPlayer/mono/Stable3.x.x/mono-1-vc.dll" (error = 998).
    web: failed to load mono
    160217 22:42:43 loader: start FAILED
    Web Stream is Null
    Web Stream is Null
    160217 22:42:43 Setting error display: 'Error launching Unity Player', details: 'Failed to start Unity Player.
    ', link: 1
    160217 22:42:46 Closing plugin window
    160217 22:42:46 loader: final cleanup
    160217 22:42:46 Closing plugin window
    160217 22:42:46 Instance de2b47eb74d25c49a648d97db5ed8c55 shutting down
    Unable to load mono library from "C:/Users/Mom/AppData/Local/Unity/WebPlayer/mono/Stable3.x.x/mono-1-vc.dll" (error = 998).
    Web Stream is Null
    Web Stream is Null
    Web Stream is Null
    Web Stream is Null
    Web Stream is Null
    Web Stream is Null