Search Unity

Unity Answers stole my nickname...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Diviner, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Diviner

Diviner

As you can see from my current nickname, I'm having issues maintaining my original nickname in the forums (Diviner), because someone in Unity Answers had the same nickname as me.

Can we sort this out? I'm puzzled about what takes priority over what. If for instance I had the nickname on Answers but not in the forums could I claim both? Or neither of the two can claim this nickname anymore?

I'd really like to go back to being called Diviner here instead of D?viner. If we can fix this it would be great.

2. Diviner

Diviner

bump.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I agree forums should take precedence as it is a discussion based social format. A fix would be most excellent for affected people (should only be one or two guys affected).

4. Diviner

Diviner

Let's hope a sysadmin agrees as well hippo. :)

5. Tiles

Tiles

You may be out of luck here. I was told that once the UDN process is completed, then there is no way back. I have different user names now for the forum, and Unity Answers and Unity Feedback.

6. Diviner

Diviner

Still, just for making sure, bump.

7. Tiles

Tiles

They don`t care.

8. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

I think this is going to take some "settling in".

Soon, UT will roll out a "profile" for Unity Developer Network which will allow people to change personal settings such as email address, password and name. I'm unclear about conflict resolution between names and use locations.

9. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

We do care....

You have been assimilated...

You are now one with the Arunderan collective...

One day you may cyclically return back to Tiles.

10. jakehaas

jakehaas

My forum name got changed too because someone on Unity Answers had my old one (just "Jake").

In the end it doesn't really matter, but it would be nice to be able to keep the same name....

11. Cawas

Cawas

It really does matter. Since my nickname got changed in answers, nothing works anymore! I can't post comments, I can't vote, the system got broken! It's doomsday!!

Seriously, it is broken. And I also do want my original nickname back.

12. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Cawas: I'm unclear exactly what position you are in. Can you give us some more detail?

13. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

The Unity Developer Network screen name has to be unique across all our sites. If Diviner on the forum and Diviner on answers are different people then neither can use that as a screen name. There's no priority used. (However, I am reasonably sure that you own both accounts, in which case you should be able to claim both and then choose Diviner as a Unity Developer Network screen name.)

@Cawas, just let us know the problem you are having and we'll try to help.