Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Developer Network is live!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by AngryAnt, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Tiles

Tiles

Yeah, it`s about time that i can change my name back -.-

2. Dev.D1

Dev.D1

Aye! Can confirm this. This is so very annoying and unproductive. fix it UDN.

3. SevenBits

SevenBits

I use Chromium and I'm not seeing any issue.

4. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Is this true for you in all browsers? Or just one?

5. CodeCody

CodeCody

All the major browsers;

Again, this only happens when logged in. I can use answers logged out, but that sort of defeats the whole purpose of UDN then.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

That doesn't happen here (Safari).

--Eric

7. Tiles

Tiles

DNS problem maybe, from specific countries?

8. CodeCody

CodeCody

United States, MO. If that helps the poor guys at unity.

Edit:
    See you got to change your name.

9. Tiles

Tiles

YAY, my old nick is back :D

Thanks a bunch folks :)

I had lost my old nick. My name was changed during the UDN process. Now i have it back :)

10. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

It's all smoke and mirrors. It didn't happen. It was just a dream. Bobby was taking a shower.

I now have limited name changing ability depending upon the circumstance.

11. Demigiant

Demigiant

My turn to whine ;) The new forum/answers search engine is totally unusable! :p The quick search by default sets itself to "post" search (even if you saved different preferences in the full search options). So you get tons of results concerning the same thread, but when you click on one of them you always go to the first post anyway. It's just dispersive and annoying :p and even when using the full search, searching by post should send you to the clicked post, not the first one.

12. Farfarer

Farfarer

You can still search the forums normally. The UDN search is a bit rubbish for forum searches at the moment.

13. Demigiant

Demigiant

Yup, but as I mentioned, even normal search is rubbish when using "search by post" mode :p

14. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Unless I am looking for posts from a specific user, I always use the Google Custom Search Engine I have linked in my .sig! Def. better than either ilthe forum search or the Unity Developer Network search.

15. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

When it comes to the infinite redirect loop, I'm wondering of this is an edge case Unity Developer Network authentication issue?? Imaginig something like being sent to signin, but the Unity Developer Network token is good so it redirects to Answers, but Answers thinks login is invalid. Back to Unity Developer Network - loop. Can anyone with this issue send me their details by PM and I'll try to look more closely?

16. Demigiant

Demigiant

Yup, I do that too - and thanks for making it :) Though it's still a pity that we have a developer's forum with such a terrible search engine (especially for newbies that don't know your Google custom search). Should have been fixed ages ago: much more important than UDN :p

17. kersk

kersk

The new forum search is pretty frustrating -- one change that would help is to limit search results to only include a thread once. Right now if I search for "garbage collection" I get every single post in a 97 page thread instead of seeing more useful results.

For now... Little Angel -- your custom google search link in your sig is really helpful, thanks. :)

18. Demigiant

Demigiant

You can do that by going to full search (search link next to "New posts") and selecting "thread" in the preferences. Problem is, even if you save your preferences the UDN search will always go by post :p

19. iamant

iamant

Hello, I'm trying to claim my 'answers' account and I'm unable to. I understand it worked eventually for some users but what's the trick?

20. Tiles

Tiles

UDN had and has unexpected side effects. Like being not able to claim the answers account. The "trick" is to contact the unity support in such a case, and asking them to fix the issue manually.

Reminds me to contact them again. I can still not log in to Unity Answers ...

21. imtrobin

imtrobin

It keeps getting stuck at claim screen. I click Ok and it goes to Select Username again,

22. Roger88

Roger88

Actually I was thinking the same!

23. goat

goat

Mine eventually worked without no intervention on my part whatsoever. Maybe if you're using IE11 you need to use another browser. I often must switch for certain sites from IE11 to Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, e.g. to log in at Mixamo.

24. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

If you are still having trouble with your UDN account at this point, you should contact support.