Unity Community

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

1. Posts
    Nice job!
    Corner pieces will be in the next update.

2. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin-Ra View Post
    Awesome!

Here's a screenshot of the front entrance of the mansion I'm building:

And a view from the garden in the back:

The mansion is based on a real mansion, Whitemarsh Hall

Looking at my images, I remembered two more pieces missing from the hall wall types:
    A hall outward corner and a hall inward corner 1x. The ones you see in my screenies are made by myself by using existing walls and combining stuff
    New corners and big fireplace for hall are ready in Manor Construction Kit 1.05!
    Last edited by LuxUnity; 11-12-2012 at 05:53 AM.

3. Location
    Kearny,New Jersey,United States
    hey are updates free?

4. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare Games View Post
    hey are updates free?
    Yes.

5. Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxUnity View Post
    New corners and big fireplace for hall are ready in Manor Construction Kit 1.05!
    Awesome! Thank you again

6. Posts
    Ahah...a cool exterior, can't wait for the update

7. Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Ooooh can't wait! I've been making my own exterior pieces out of the pieces in your kit so far myself, but this will surely look a lot better

8. Posts
    Manor Construction Kit interiors and exteriors is ready in asset store

9. Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Love the exterior pieces

But of course I have some suggestions/requests to add, feel free to ignore them since I have solved them otherwise, but might be a cool addition to the kit

Exterior balcony pieces:
    I have made my own out of the balcony pieces in your kit, removed walls, wood etc and moved the floor to be part of the balcony instead.
    However, the balcony pieces have the woodwork protruding underneath that shows through the ceiling on the floor underneath the balcony...
    Would love to see pieces like these without the woodwork underneath
    Pics to show what I mean and to show a corner piece and normal piece I made:

This would make the kit able to make stuff like this:

If you decide to add pieces like this to your kit, you probably need to make a 1x piece for the balcony too, kinda like this one only without the pillar:

As you see, I've also used your stairs to make an entrance with a more Victorian style, although it would probably look better with walkways vs stairs. I might do something about that with another kit

And while I have your attention, there's an error with your Balcony_Stairs_A, the mesh of the right side railing and end pillars are inside out. Here's a pic, but might be a bit hard to see what I mean:

Again, thank you for a most amazing kit! I really love to play around with it
    Last edited by Ronin-Ra; 12-20-2012 at 01:49 PM.

10. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin-Ra View Post
    Love the exterior pieces

But of course I have some suggestions/requests to add, feel free to ignore them since I have solved them otherwise, but might be a cool addition to the kit

Exterior balcony pieces:
    I have made my own out of the balcony pieces in your kit, removed walls, wood etc and moved the floor to be part of the balcony instead.
    However, the balcony pieces have the woodwork protruding underneath that shows through the ceiling on the floor underneath the balcony...
    Would love to see pieces like these without the woodwork underneath
    Pics to show what I mean and to show a corner piece and normal piece I made:

This would make the kit able to make stuff like this:

If you decide to add pieces like this to your kit, you probably need to make a 1x piece for the balcony too, kinda like this one only without the pillar:

As you see, I've also used your stairs to make an entrance with a more Victorian style, although it would probably look better with walkways vs stairs. I might do something about that with another kit
    Exterior balcony is in to do list.

And while I have your attention, there's an error with your Balcony_Stairs_A, the mesh of the right side railing and end pillars are inside out. Here's a pic, but might be a bit hard to see what I mean:

Again, thank you for a most amazing kit! I really love to play around with it
    This is really weird. I will fix it soon, thanks for the advice.

11. Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxUnity View Post
    Exterior balcony is in to do list.
    Awesome! Can't wait to see them

This is really weird. I will fix it soon, thanks for the advice.
    No probs, I just noticed the glitch myself.

12. Posts
    Exterior balcony and Balcony_Stairs_A fix will be ready in manor 1.6
    Last edited by LuxUnity; 01-02-2013 at 11:28 AM.

13. Posts
    I am making a first person resident evil like game, and was wondering if your pieces are low poly? Like how much tris does your manor pieces on average have or the most used ones? Also, does your asset come with multiple textures or just one and if one is it just like the pictures? Are colliders already on them?

Also can you make a narrow corner balcony piece without windows or doors?
    Last edited by GameTech; 01-04-2013 at 03:35 PM.

14. Posts
    Manor 1.6 is ready in asset store

Quote Originally Posted by GameTech View Post
    I am making a first person resident evil like game, and was wondering if your pieces are low poly? Like how much tris does your manor pieces on average have or the most used ones?
    You can see this here:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/3718
    In the gallery there are wireframe model with polycount
    and here some more examples:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/141...l=1#post969897

Also, does your asset come with multiple textures or just one and if one is it just like the pictures? Are colliders already on them?
    There are various texture ready:
    4 for floors
    3 for wall-paper
    and some other for stone and stucco.

Walls floors and ceilings are design to use tileable square texture, so you can easy use your own (some one have used Allegorithmics substances too see precedent post in this topic).

Are colliders already on them?
    Yes.

Also can you make a narrow corner balcony piece without windows or doors?
    For exterior the new bacony aready allow that; for interior not now, but I add these in the next update.

15. Posts
    Nice, I got it. I was wondering if you could fix the evil crack flickering from the corner of the hall stairs corner_wide pieces (L & R pieces). I set background to black, no skyboxes, alignment is not my error cause its only one piece, and whenever player walks towards or away it would randomly flicker tiny bluish white dots or lines along the corner itself.

16. Posts
    Nice, I got it. I was wondering if you could fix the evil crack flickering from the corner of the hall stairs corner_wide pieces (L & R pieces). I set background to black, no skyboxes, alignment is not my error cause its only one piece, and whenever player walks towards or away it would randomly flicker tiny bluish white dots or lines along the corner itself.

Very strange, I had tried to reproduce your problem but not see any evil crack. Could you make two test?

1) Try to use a material NOT specular for the wall, if the crack disappear, the evil crack can be instead a light reflex, so with a small change of light point it will be work

2) I see a door to another room in your image, maybe is something behind the corner that overlap this corner piece. To verify it, try the evil prefab alone in another scene and look if there are the evil crack again.

17. Posts
    When I had a similar problem earlier, it turned out that I had accidentally shifted part of the piece, instead of the whole piece, at some point. You could try removing that corner piece completely and putting a new copy back in its place.

18. Posts
    I wish it were, but nope, the evil crack shows even when I am in the process of placing it. Can you try it too with the hall_stairs_corner_wide_AR and hall_stairs_corner_wide_AL pieces? If you move around a bit you should see flickering, I am wondering if maybe I did do something or if others have it then it does need to be fixed.

19. Posts
    I wish it were, but nope, the evil crack shows even when I am in the process of placing it. Can you try it too with the hall_stairs_corner_wide_AR and hall_stairs_corner_wide_AL pieces? If you move around a bit you should see flickering, I am wondering if maybe I did do something or if others have it then it does need to be fixed.
    Technically can be a real crack because crack appen when two surface are not perfect snap together;but hall_stairs_corner_wide_AR e hall_stairs_corner_wide_AL walls are a single piece, not two wall snapped at 90. So must be something other. Can you post a screenshot very close to "crack"? I whant see if is always a vertical line of one pixel or can become wider or diagonal.

In the worst case scenario, if only you have this issue, I can try to send you a mini-asset with only the evil mesh redo, but before I need figure out what appen.

Another thing: you have posted here during the passage at the 1.6 version, so I not sure if we are talk of last version, or the 1.5. If you not have last version make update the asset.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast