Unity Community

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1. Posts

MarbleJump - 2.5D Platformer WIP

Hey guys, this is a work in progress for me that I hope to make a decent game out of. I'd love to see the current opinion of it, and would like constructive criticism on how I can make it better. I only have the one level right now, just using it to get the physics right and the base functions.

The menus and such aren't prettied up yet, I just quickly coded them to serve their purposes. They will soon be updated.

Anyway, the controls are:
    W,A,S,D / Arrows move. Up or spacebar jumps. Down does brake. Shift boosts. Escape pauses.

Feel free to comment on what you think. Remember, this is my first game, so it isn't amazing.

CHANGES:
    -Main menu cleaned up / added name field
    -Leaderboards now level specific, never coded that for some reason
    -Remade the finish screen
    -Cleaned up some sloppy coding / enhanced speed

http://coreymccown.com/Unity/BallGame/1/WebPlayer.html

Please report any bugs!
    Known Issue: Sometimes your current time will not be added when the leaderboards load, however, it is still submitted and will appear next play through.
    Last edited by xKroniK13x; 11-26-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Added features

2. Posts
    Bump. Just fixed a lot of things, would love some input...

3. Location
    United Kingdom
    Well, it's really short.

Controls worked okay, the camera is zoomed too close in to begin with. Much of the functionality (time trials etc) seemed to work ok. This shows promise if you really go to town on levels, complexity and mechanics.

4. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeakySink View Post
    Well, it's really short.

Controls worked okay, the camera is zoomed too close in to begin with. Much of the functionality (time trials etc) seemed to work ok. This shows promise if you really go to town on levels, complexity and mechanics.
    Yes, it's only got one level for now but that's just so I can get the bulk of coding done. Once it's all done, levels are easy to crank out. I'll zoom the camera out some, but you can also control it with the scroll wheel. Thanks for the input, this is what I'm looking for!

5. Location
    United States
    I can't even get pass the main menu. I type in my name and press play and nothing happens?

6. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhithik View Post
    I can't even get pass the main menu. I type in my name and press play and nothing happens?
    It's working fine for me and a couple friends I have trying it out... anyone else having this issue?

7. Posts
    Added level 2.
    Anyone else having trouble playing?

And some screenshots.
    Attached Images      
    Last edited by xKroniK13x; 06-28-2012 at 05:44 PM.

8. Posts
    Up to 5 levels.
    Added a level select button at the beginning, too.

9. Posts
    Added some more levels. Now coding a level creator, which is coming along pretty decent.
    Currently escape brings up the menu, then your mouse controls the object. Scroll wheel rotates, clicking places.
    Still need to code camera movements, which should be simple, and also spawn starts and finish line. Then I need to make it save to my server, which I'm not sure yet how to pull off.
    You can't really see in the video, it's too dark, but when you click which object you want, a semi-transparent model comes up of it so you know where it's at and the rotation.

10. Location
    New York, NY
    Can't play it, keeps telling me to change my name and I have.

11. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskling View Post
    Can't play it, keeps telling me to change my name and I have.
    It should work. I just tried it . When you enter the new name, you have to hit play again. Enter doesn't work yet.

12. Posts
    Level creator beta public now!
    http://coreymccown.com/Unity/BallGame/2/WebPlayer.html

Controls:
    ASDW / Arrows: Move Camera
    Q / E: Scale Object
    Shift + Arrows: Move Camera Faster
    Click: Place object / Select / Move Object
    Right Click: Remove object
    Tab: Stop placing object
    Scroll wheel: Rotate Object
    Right Click + Scroll Wheel: Precise Rotation
    Shift + Scroll Wheel: Zoom in

Seems to work pretty smoothly, report any problems!
    Last edited by xKroniK13x; 07-07-2012 at 08:49 PM.

13. Posts
    Bump... would really like some input on this, a lot of hard work has gone into both the game and editor...

14. Posts
    That site doesn't let me play the game
    It won't detect that I have the webplayer thing

15. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mold View Post
    That site doesn't let me play the game
    It won't detect that I have the webplayer thing
    Works fine on all my computers...

16. Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xKroniK13x View Post
    Works fine on all my computers...
    Fack that stupid internet explorer...
    Works fine with firefox

I do like that game
    How did you create it

17. Posts
    Fack that stupid internet explorer...
    Works fine with firefox

I do like that game
    How did you create it
    No worries.
    Simple rigid objects, actually. For the level editor, I made a "alpha object" and made that the one you can scale and move and stuff, and then when you click it instantiates a prefabbed object and scales it to match the alpha object. A lot of ray casting and such to get mouse position, but relatively easy. I plan to add lighting and a few interactive objects, as well as an editable deathzone. And you'll be able to share your levels.

Did you play through the levels of the link above? I hope they are fun, I have about 5 more made not released yet. I was going to add the editor when i get it done and also the levels and reupload it, and then clean up all the gui...

18. Posts
    I liked the levels but it took quite long to figure out i have to press space multiple times or hump against a wall

I think it would look much better if the platforms were a bit thicker

Tip: add 'Quit to main menu' button
    Last edited by Mold; 07-09-2012 at 07:13 AM.

19. Posts
    I liked the levels but it took quite long to figure out i have to press space multiple times or hump against a wall

I think it would look much better if the platforms were a bit thicker

Tip: add 'Quit to main menu' button
    I can thicken up the platforms some. I agree, that could make it nicer. I also plan on making more themes other than the current textures. Ice is an option eventually as well.

I will add that to the pause menu, that's smart.

20. Posts
    How does one create a ball that you can control with arrow keys/wasd D:

I don't know how or where to ask

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast